PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't this just what we wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We no longer have to worry about our streaks and awards. Buffalo beat us. Our ownage of Pittsburgh ended. Brady will not win MVP. Our home field streak is over. Brady's home field streak is over. Our SB42 nightmare can end peacefully, as we can no longer think 99 times out of 100 we stop Eli Manning and/or shred that defense. Randy Moss media fest is over.

Let's hope we can just get into the playoffs way under the radar, with no expectations. I hope the oddsmakers put our chances extremely low and stop putting stupid, unjustified point spreads on the board.

The Pats are just another team in the pack now, for the first time in a long time.

Meh...as long as it's Tom Brady and BB there's always going to be hype and pressure.

The Pats match up poorly vs. every playoff contender in the AFC. If ou think this team can win the AFC Championship game or even reach it that far you are smoking rocks.

The Pats match up poorly vs. every playoff contender in the AFC. If ou think this team can win the AFC Championship game or even reach it that far you are smoking rocks.

honestly I think they can. Every week teems rise to the occasion and beat teams they aren't supposed to. The Jets coming off a win will be favorites at home and The Pats could go in there and play defense like they did for the first 3.5 quarters and offense like they did in the last half quater and beat the Jets. Am I expecting them to do it? Hell no but it could happen.

I don't know if they will be completely under the radar going into next weekend's game vs. the Jets, but if they lose, they will doubtless be as under the radar as they've been since 2001, IMO.

With the weak slate of games on tap for the second half of the schedule, they could conceivably go on a nice winning streak going into the postseason.

Last edited:
Our SB42 nightmare can end peacefully, as we can no longer think 99 times out of 100 we stop Eli Manning and/or shred that defense.

Our 2011 defense choking against Eli does not make me feel any better about our 2007 defense choking against Eli, nor does it change my mind that 99/100 times Eli does not drive 84 yards down the field to win that game.

We'll see where we are by the time of the playoffs. There is no reason to believe that we will have more holes on our team at that point than others.

I don't know if they will be completely under the radar going into next weekend's game vs. the Jets, but if they lose, they will doubtless be as under the radar as they've been since 2001, IMO.

With the weak slate of games on tap for the second half of the schedule, they could conceivably go on a nice winning streak going into the postseason.

It has to start with the jets thought. Jets take that game..they have a pretty easy schedule as well

We no longer have to worry about our streaks and awards. Buffalo beat us. Our ownage of Pittsburgh ended. Brady will not win MVP. Our home field streak is over. Brady's home field streak is over. Our SB42 nightmare can end peacefully, as we can no longer think 99 times out of 100 we stop Eli Manning and/or shred that defense. Randy Moss media fest is over.

Let's hope we can just get into the playoffs way under the radar, with no expectations. I hope the oddsmakers put our chances extremely low and stop putting stupid, unjustified point spreads on the board.

The Pats are just another team in the pack now, for the first time in a long time.
Yes we have them exactly where we want them...

Our 2011 defense choking against Eli does not make me feel any better about our 2007 defense choking against Eli, nor does it change my mind that 99/100 times Eli does not drive 84 yards down the field to win that game.

999 times out of 1,000, they don't get as many free TOs for yardage checks.

Last edited:
We'll see where we are by the time of the playoffs. There is no reason to believe that we will have more holes on our team at that point than others.

one would hope this is the case. i really saw is winning today up till halftime when it was 0 - 0. i knew then we are in trouble.......

Look, I think you play for championships.

We are not winning a SB with this team, all else staying the same.

EVER

If we are happy with say the AFC east, beating the Jets, or the Lamar Hunt, we got a shot.

Rodgers would tear this defense a new one.

We need to get better on defense, if we hope to win the SB. If we are satisfied to get back, then we got a chance I would say at that.

No I am not part of the team, yes I have high expectations for our guys.

We have a great coach, one of the best QB's of all time, good players on offense.

Our secondary needs work to get to where we want to be.

Plain and simple.

EVER

If we are happy with say the AFC east, beating the Jets, or the Lamar Hunt, we got a shot.

We need to get better on defense, if we hope to win the SB. If we are satisfied to get back, then we got a chance I would say at that.

We have a great coach, one of the best QB's of all time, good players on offense.

Plain and simple.

good points.

next week should provide evidence if anything has improved or not.

We shall see.....

EVER

Plain and simple.
:eat2::ditto::agree:

honestly I think they can. Every week teems rise to the occasion and beat teams they aren't supposed to. The Jets coming off a win will be favorites at home and The Pats could go in there and play defense like they did for the first 3.5 quarters and offense like they did in the last half quater and beat the Jets. Am I expecting them to do it? Hell no but it could happen.

You are ABSOLUTELY right... anybody can beat anyone on Amy Given Sunday. The odds are HEAVILY stacked against us in the next game.... the odds are very poor for a sucessful playoff run.

what did the Home W streak end at?

All these references to that awful game are just too much. I can't take any more. :violent:

As for everyone giving up and declaring our season dead...just a reminder that this is a year when the 0-6 Rams beat the N.O. Saints, and the 0-7 Dolphins just beat the KC Chiefs, who are 1st place in their division, by a score of 31-3.

Beat the Jets and we'll all feel much better. ;)

The season's not dead, but I agree with much of the doom-and-gloom this time. The simple fact of the matter is this D could not stop a drain today, even if the drain was already 3/4 clogged.

As it's playing now this is not a good enough D to give a lead with a minute left. C'mon man.

If/when that changes, this season changes. We have the gimme wins to be in position, but I find it hard to think this D will be ready come playoff time.

PFnV

Get into the playoffs and it's a crapshoot from there. Seen time and time again teams look terrible in october and even november in some cases catch fire at the right time and go all the way. You can never count out any team.

That said, I don't see any titles for this team in the near future. Until we get a legit OC who can create an offense that relies on more than just Brady, our offense is going to fail over and over against tough Dlines in January. If they have a couple good performances, no way they can string together 3 or 4 consecutive good ones. Regardless of how the D improves, the way our offense can be at its worst will put far too much pressure on it.

And like we saw today and against Buffalo, sometimes on clutch drives all the opposing qb has to do is just wing it up there and one of the inept morons in the secondary, next time it may not be Sergio Brown buut one of the other scrubs we somehow have in key roles, will bail the other team out.

I'm as homeristic as it gets but I have almost zero faith in this team winning a championship.

Last edited:
Just for the record, this is NOT exactly what I wanted. I wanted 8-0.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes