Welcome to PatsFans.com

Isn't It Ironic?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Sheryl Crowe - meet NewsMax:

(You all know NewsMax, right? The ultra-conservative right wing media site who routinely publishes article about the dreaded welfare state and the evils of Obamacare, food stamps, the sorry state of social security and medicare and the dreaded 47% of deadbeats, cheats and lazy SOBs who take advantage of the poor long-suffering tax payers who subsidize them, right?)

Here's just a few articles to refresh your memory if you've forgotten:

Future Threatened by Welfare State

Poll: Most Americans Feel Welfare Being Abused

Trustees: Social Security and Medicare Both Broke Within 20 Years

Heritage Foundation's Boccia: Don't Put Off Social Security Reform

I received an email today from Rasmussen with a link to a site which promised to show me how a simple Social Security mistake that is costing seniors up to $152,000 in benefits and offers to show me how to (and I quote) "exploit a little-known loophole," in order "To find out more about this loophole, and other money-making secrets for seniors."

It was signed: Your Friends at Newsmax

Here's the link - called "Free Stuff and Great Bargain Adventures for People Over 50"

Free Stuff and Great Bargain Adventures!

It's chock-full of "free stuff." Government "free stuff." Tax-payer subsidized free stuff. And, for a small price, they are going to tell people how, regardless of their income, they can jump on the gravy train and grab those free social program benefits for themselves whether they need them or not.

Things like:

Free health insurance, free drugs, free mammograms, free disease screening, and even low-cost or free dental care — and it's not Medicaid or Medicare

A simple way you could get an extra $1,000 added to family members' Social Security checks

Government-subsidized trips to vacation resorts worldwide

Special free dental programs for older people

A special toll-free hotline you can use to apply for free prescription drugs

An overlooked loophole called "FAASF" that could allow you to collect up to an extra $152,000 in Social Security payments

A government-funded organization that hands out free or low-cost hearing aids

How to get the government to PAY up to $6,500 to help lower your heating and cooling bill

So now, someone needs to tell me - are these programs good programs or bad programs? Are the people who collect them good people or bad people? Are those who attempt to sell the information good people or bad people? Or are they just money-hungry, two-faced hypocritical liars?
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

I wish I was working, I'd quit.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Here is another one, for you.. the hypocrisy is obvious...

Congressman who Attacked 'Fit' Couple on Food Stamps Took $370,000 In Stimulus

4. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Republicans make me sick with all of the hypocrisy they display.

Its sickening. They banish people for needing help just to take the same kind of govermental funding to aid them in creating more wealth for themselves.
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +292 / 6 / -8

Ironically, that song's by Alanis Morisette, not Sheryl Crow... but I bet I just spelled both their names wrong...

Agree w/Brady here... the other thing that's driving me batsh1t lately is this current extremely blatant voter suppression drive. It's like there's no core principle other than "us and them," with "us" being white, male, and english-speaking. Oh of course it's not a 100% overlay, but that's the base. And based on being "in the club," face it, they feel entitled to all the fruits of the nation, whether it's the sapping of the rest of the country to make up for the social services deficits in red states, stealing the vote from blacks, latinos, and college students, or this hilarious example of "trying to get free stuff from the government the only time it's okay... when you don't actually need it."

fuggem.
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Starting to like your style!;)