PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't it all just so aggravating? - Pats beat both SB teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Isn't it all just so aggravating?

Wait wait wait...you DESERVE to be champions tonight? Are we on the same planet?????????????? :bricks:

It was late...the bar was closing...he'll come to his senses in the morning...:singing:

Where does this entitlement attitude come from???? :rolleyes:
Teams that cough up playoff fur balls at home with 2 weeks to prepare do not deserve to be champions.
Enough with this embarrrassing whining.

+1

I am heartbroken that we blew it against the Jets, but the sense of entitlement is ridiculous (and one reason I hate that quote from Brady's dad that he feels it is his divine right to be in the SB...it only reinforces our opponent's view that we are spoiled entitled brats).

It's not aggravating, it's kind of wistful.

I've said it before - this team wasn't ready to win it all. They played over their heads and had an incredible year from one of the greatest players ever and ended up far better than ANYONE here expected. I'd have been very pleased, but quite surprised if they went all the way.

Hopefully they learned enough that they'll go further next year. They need to build that toughness so they don't stumble when they come up against someone who's playing well and isn't afraid of them.

who cares.....the pats almost blew it against the packers at home minus rodgers.

the pats 100% deserve to be where they wound up. yeah it stinks, and you could say we all had the right to expect better, but they earned what they got.

14-2 and a playoff one and done.........

This season despite the positivity moving forward for the Pats has left me with the feeling of sick in my throat because of what unfolded.

What positivity? We don't know if the team will get fixed or just stay non playoff caliber, we have the draft and FA first.

It's not aggravating, it's kind of wi(Please be quiet - edited)l.

:eek: such language! :D

To say the Pats are rightful champs is crazy. Even if you wanted to use the "we beat both teams" nonsense, the Pats barely beat the Pack without their starting QB.

The champions show up to play every week. The Packers have been playing do or die games for almost 2 months and came out on top every time. That is what champs do.

I couldn't help but think the way their offense played last night they would have absolutely burned the Pats young D all night. They made the Steelers vaunted defense look like a joke. No reason to believe it would have been any different with NE there.

Get over it and be realistic. This was a rebuilding year, and this team still has lots of work to do.

How can anyone think we deserve to be champions? We lost at home with two weeks to prepare to the biggest douchebag team in the league, we got what we deserved.

Not an awards guy, but Brady certainly deserved it this year. Our team had no business having the best record and being in contention, but the fantastic coaching job of BB, the great team concept play of Brady and the outstanding individual, team and leadership effort of Wilfork put us a few games away.

I didn't feel that way in 2007 and that "pummel everybody and set records" attitude came back and bit us in the ass IMO.

We were very balanced, with a team first attitude this year, we just didn't have the horses in terms of veteran proven players at certain positions and flubbing two scoring opportunities gave a very good defense with a premier corner and other talent and obsession with stopping us a chance to execute a daring and creative game plan.

It happens. That's why they play the game[/Russel]

Although Tom hates it I'm sure, he was the MVP, BB was coach of the year they should have some leadership award for Wilfork and every rookie, second year and young FA should get rookie of the year.

They were all that outstanding.

Could there possibly be a season you have or will look forward to as much as 2011?

It's funny, I started to think the same thing, but you know what I did? I put myself through those memories; memories of Vinateri silencing the Rams then crafting the dynasty two years later, of Brady putting his hands on his cap with confetti pouring down on him, memories of BB being dumped with Gatorade after the Eagles game was sealed, and of that Lombardi trophy going in the air not once, not twice, but THREE times.

Yea, I'm pretty happy. And I'm happy Rodgers gets to do it now.
Unfortunately I don't have the ability to look at things that way - I kept thinking about 05 and Brady's stupid pick to Bailey in the end zone trying to force the ball to Troy Brown and all the ridiculous penalties against the Pats, and 06 when the Pats blew an 18 point second half f#cking lead, and 07 when they missed a chance at finishing the GREATEST TEAM SEASON IN THE HISTORY OF F#CKING AMERICAN SPORT, and 09 and 10 when our MVP quarterback played like absolute SH#T when it counted in the playoffs....

No, I can't get over it. A team only gets so many bites at the apple...and I'm afraid this team is approaching the core....

Last edited:

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to look at things that way - I kept thinking about 05 and Brady's stupid pick to Bailey in the end zone trying to force the ball to Troy Brown and all the ridiculous penalties against the Pats, and 06 when the Pats blew an 18 point second half f#cking lead, and 07 when they missed a chance at finishing the GREATEST TEAM SEASON IN THE HISTORY OF F#CKING AMERICAN SPORT, and 09 and 10 when our MVP quarterback played like absolute SH#T when it counted in the playoffs....

No, I can't get over it. A team only gets so many bites at the apple...and I'm afraid this team is approaching the core....

Perfectly stated. All these "we were a young team" "the team overachieved to 14-2 only because of Brady and BB" and "we're getting better--just wait til next year" fans are full of SH!T.

It's ironic because these homers talk about "entitled, spoiled fans" yet they feel the most entitled of anyone, e.g., with BB and Brady around the Pats automatically have a shot to win it all every single year. That's not how the NFL works. A team that is successful one year can disappear the next-we're no different.

Keep living in fairytale land people--this team has blown so many opportunites over the last 6 years it's sickening.

Perfectly stated. All these "we were a young team" "the team overachieved to 14-2 only because of Brady and BB" and "we're getting better--just wait til next year" fans are full of SH!T.

It's ironic because these homers talk about "entitled, spoiled fans" yet they feel the most entitled of anyone, e.g., with BB and Brady around the Pats automatically have a shot to win it all every single year. That's not how the NFL works. A team that is successful one year can disappear the next-we're no different.

Keep living in fairytale land people--this team has blown so many opportunites over the last 6 years it's sickening.

I am becoming increasingly worried that when all is said and done with Brady and Belichick, say 5 or 6 seasons down the line, I'll be telling my son (who would then be 10 or 11) about how great the Patriots were "back then." My father used to tell me about how the Pats "should have/would have won the Super Bowl" in 1978 if not for "roughing the passer." I certainly hope I don't end up talking to my son, and ending discussions about the Patriots with the phrase, "...but they should have/would have won two or three more Super Bowls...."
I really don't think many new fans realize how close the New England Patriots were/are/may be to being an unquestionably HISTORIC football team...

Yeah, how dare Patriots fans state obvious facts. We do have a young team that's getting better, and every year we either make the playoffs or get damn close. The Pats do contend for the Super Bowl every year. Why would 2011 all of a sudden be different?

Yeah, how dare Patriots fans state obvious facts. We do have a young team that's getting better, and every year we either make the playoffs or get damn close. The Pats do contend for the Super Bowl every year. Why would 2011 all of a sudden be different?

I'm not saying it will. Although nothing is guaranteed in this league--thinking otherwise is the definition of "entitlement."

We totally would deserve to be Champions right now...

... If this was the Pre-Championship Game era, when the Champion was determined by the best record at the end of the season. It sucks, but what are ya gonna do? Pats lost in the Playoffs, they don't deserve anything then what they already have.

You want to get aggravated?

NOTHING is more aggravating then the 18-1 loss

2nd is the 2006 meltdown in the second half only to watch the Colts hoist the Lombardi over what may be considered as the worst Super Bowl team of the decade in the Bears and Rex Grossman at the helm.

This year was NOT aggravating...compared to what most thought of this team in the offseason and low expectations...this was a fun and pleasant season and most of us got what we didn't expect.

Alright, settle down... I got a little bit carried away with my wording. I obviouslyy know with our pitiful playoff performance we don't DESERVE to be champions.

But after pouring everything into this team, and spending countless dollars on just about everything you can name, including a trip to see the team play this year... I think I, as a fan, deserve a f*ck of a lot better than what I've seen from us in the playoffs lately. That Jets game was a complete EMBARRASSMENT. There's no other word for it, I was literally embarrassed that we went out there AT HOME, with a week off, against a bitter rival, and sh*t the bed that badly. Do I want Brady and Belichick let go? Duh, obviously not, or any of the other crazy off-the-wall nonsense crap that people spew after a heartbreaking loss. But the fact remains, this season was an utter failure, and I'm allowed to be pissed about it.

:eek: such language! :D

Yeah, I was looking at it and going WTF? Then I realized I triggered the auto-responder with that word which is an otherwise polite one.

We may have beaten the Matt Flynn Packers, but it would've been a real rough ride had they had Aaron Rodgers at the helm.

We may have beaten the Matt Flynn Packers, but it would've been a real rough ride had they had Aaron Rodgers at the helm.

and maybe that would have been a good wake up call.

these new Pats and old Pats(Brady and BB) have a long ways to go to regain past playoff success

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes