PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't it all just so aggravating? - Pats beat both SB teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Isn't it all just so aggravating?

We deserve to be champions tonight

Ridiculous statement...winning in the playoffs is what matters most, as of late we haven't been able to.

Feels like the Patriots pissed away a great opportunity given there's no truly great sides in the NFL at the moment.

this is probably more accurate .although if we had end up the SB vs packers ,its a good chance we couldve lost too vs that offense.

Oh well it is what it is.

Hopefully IF there is football next year, the Pats don't piss another golden opportunity away like this year.

this is probably more accurate .although if we had end up the SB vs packers ,its a good chance we couldve lost too vs that offense.
I probably would have been at ease with this if the Patriots had won 2 playoff games, both at home given their number 1 seed, best record in the NFL and home field advantage. At minimum had they made the Superbowl the Pats would have been 50/50 in 1 game. Instead they choked for the third playoff game in a row and second at home.

This season despite the positivity moving forward for the Pats has left me with the feeling of sick in my throat because of what unfolded.

I probably would have been at ease with this if the Patriots had won 2 playoff games, both at home given their number 1 seed, best record in the NFL and home field advantage. At minimum had they made the Superbowl the Pats would have been 50/50 in 1 game. Instead they choked for the third playoff game in a row and second at home.

This season despite the positivity moving forward for the Pats has left me with the feeling of sick in my throat because of what unfolded.

It hurts more the closer you get to it, this year and last year were not nearly as bad as 06 0r 07.

The frustration is that the Patriots' last SB title felt like eons ago, and now it's feeling like their last playoff victory was eons ago as well. Every year that Brady and Belichick don't win another title feels like an opportunity wasted, and it's mounting up. The Patriots should be even more historically great than they already are. But it goes to show that 3 SB's in 4 years was even harder than we imagined at the time.

I guess on the bright side we're not the Bengals. They're currently 20 years removed from their last playoff victory.

Seeing Pittsburgh lose wasnt all so bad.

I'm satisfied with tonight. Sure, I wish the Pats wouldn't have choked away a #1 seed, but they did, and the rightful champions are busy getting fitted for rings, drinking booze, and planning parade routes. The Steelers go home losers...I'll take it.

Last edited:

Not as bad with the steelers losing, pats would of beaten steelers 2nd time around. Green Bay....not so sure.

This thread is a joke. Let it go for crying out loud! Move on!! Yeah we played great during the regular season but we didn't win out playoff game and we were eliminated. End of story. Get over it.

Not as bad with the steelers losing, pats would of beaten steelers 2nd time around. Green Bay....not so sure.

With this team, I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Its been said a bunch but, The Pats got what they deserved and so did Green Bay.
I also want to say the Pats had a better season than I expected. I figured them at 9-7. They outperformed their rebuilding moniker.

That said, this has that Indy Colts fan's feeling to it, and I understand the frustration. All the awards and accolates for BB and TFB. and a quick first P.O. game exit from contention. Leaves one feeling hollow.

Wait wait wait...you DESERVE to be champions tonight? Are we on the same planet?????????????? :bricks:

I would think even if we made it to the SB ,GB would have made mincemeat out of our Swiss cheese defense.

Rodgers was lighting up a stout Steelers defense with the Steelers pass rushing him into tight quarters and he still got off the throws he need to complete at crucial times....our defense would have given Rodgers at least another 2 seconds per snap to hit his receivers in stride.

I think if NE made it that far they would have been squashed tonight and they certainly would have lost the regular season game if Rodgers was passing instead of Flynn

Next year,maybe a different story but there is no way on earth our defense would have given the Pack less than 35 tonight.

Dude I think you are being taken out of context a little. Atleast I'm hoping you weren't serious. The old homage. Gotta play the games. Well....we played ours and lost. And though we have had a lot of success over the Steelers this decade, we still needed to play them and win the game. Right?

Packers? I don't know, we barely beat them the last time without Rodgers. I'm not saying it would of been different this time around. Too much chaos theory involved. They looked great through portions of the game but they had lapses too. I'm not sure if we would of been able to generate a pass rush like the Steelers were getting or if we dropped into coverage if we would of been able to stop them. I guess we'll never know. Chin up though, we'll be back with more experience, some new high pick rookies and maybe a free agent or two.

That said, this has that Indy Colts fan's feeling to it, and I understand the frustration. All the awards and accolates for BB and TFB. and a quick first P.O. game exit from contention.
Fitting that there are numerous references to the Colts in this thread.
Many here have acquired the Colts fan mentality. That is obvious.
All these regular season stats & awards mean little.
Once upon a time all Patriot fans knew this.

The Patriots deserve what they got.
Good job to Green Bay !
Unlike the Colts & Pats they did overcome many injuries to win.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. That and a buck will buy you a Globe at Park Street Station.

Last edited:

Feels like the Patriots pissed away a great opportunity given there's no truly great sides in the NFL at the moment.

As the dust starts to settle on the Pats season, there's a reason that Brady was selected MVP unanimously. TB clearly contributed more to his team's success than did any other player in the league...that's always been a critical part of the definition of "Most Valuable." Even mediots who usually dis Brady and All Things Patriot saw that clearly. And they saw something similar in naming BB, Coach of the Year.

The Pats put together a great season and gave themselves a "great opportunity," as you say, but I think that the relative ease with which the Jets dispatched them in Foxboro suggests that Brady's great season and Belichick's coaching enabled them to overachieve significantly.

How could it not be aggravating?

The Pats beat each of the teams in the Final Four? How many times has that happened?

The Pats' HC and QB won the COY and MVP. How many times has that happened?

The Pats QB won the MVP unanimously? How many times has that happened?

The Pats lost to a team that they had beaten 45-3 about a month earlier...on their own field...after a two week lay off. How many times has that happened?

And that's on the heels of:

- Losing a SB after going 18-0.

- Losing an AFC Champ game the year before after being up a zillion points at half time.

- Not making the playoffs in 2008 after winning 11 games.

So being extremely aggravated right now has nothing to do with being an entitled or Yankee fan like sports fan. It's about dealing with a very unusual set of facts and being rightfully very annoyed.

On the other hand, we root for a relevant team. We root for a very good team. We have Brady and Belichick. Our team is likely to be in the hunt again next season.

For this fan of the Pats since the early 70s, those good things aren't chopped liver, and still, the almost bizarre set of negatives are a bummer.

How could it not be aggravating?

The Pats beat each of the teams in the Final Four? How many times has that happened?

The Pats' HC and QB won the COY and MVP. How many times has that happened?

The Pats QB won the MVP unanimously? How many times has that happened?

The Pats lost to a team that they had beaten 45-3 about a month earlier...on their own field...after a two week lay off. How many times has that happened?

And that's on the heels of:

- Losing a SB after going 18-0.

- Losing an AFC Champ game the year before after being up a zillion points at half time.

- Not making the playoffs in 2008 after winning 11 games.

So being extremely aggravated right now has nothing to do with being an entitled or Yankee fan like sports fan. It's about dealing with a very unusual set of facts and being rightfully very annoyed.

On the other hand, we root for a relevant team. We root for a very good team. We have Brady and Belichick. Our team is likely to be in the hunt again next season.

For this fan of the Pats since the early 70s, those good things aren't chopped liver, and still, the almost bizarre set of negatives are a bummer.

Yeah, aggravated is reasonable. Those who say we "deserve" to be Champions are way off base. But aggravated? Disappointed? Frustrated? Yeppers all around.

The flip side, though, of Coach of the Year and MVP is the recognition that this team was enabled to perform beyond its demonstrable talent by 2010's best Coach and by the player who was most valuable to his team's success in 2010. So, maybe we might also be feeling a little lucky and very fortunate to have gone as far as we did. I had them at 10--6 in August (the Pack did just fine off of that record BTW) and, in many ways, I still see this as a 10--6 team that was lifted by two guys named Belichick and Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back