Welcome to PatsFans.com

Islamist view of their Motivation to Kill

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jul 2, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

I see a lot of nonsense on this board about the adnministration being responsible for all the deaths suffered in the WOT. You know Bush kills 3,000 US soldiers and so on.

In light of this I found this article from aan ex terrorist about their motivation to be interesting. Of particular note they (the terrorist) laugh at the stupid Westerners who blame the west for the action of the Islamist, he also refutes the foolish notion that the Terrorist are somehow more motivated by US action combating Terror.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=465570&in_page_id=1770

Much more to the article
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Liberals seem to think that if we just left the middle east then the middle easterners would all go back to their day jobs . . . guess what ? This is their day job, their sole goal in life is to spread their religion and kill all others. They have nothing else. That is their life. Blame our foreign policy if you like . . . but if our foreign policy did a 180 how would anything in the middle east change when they have nothing else ?

For them and the ones in Britain or the U.S. who do have something else to turn to, Christopher Hitchins is right with his book. Religion is, literally, the worst thing ever to happen to the world and will likely end up killing us all.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

In 1950 an Egyption writer,teacher,and expert on the Quran,and Wahhobism named Sayid Qutb visited the U.S.. He earned a masters degree from the University of Colorado.Dureing his time here he became disturbed at the decadent life style he observerved all around him. The people he saw daily were more interested in their cars, their lawns, how they dressed.The women wore skirts,with bobysocks, no head scarfs in dressed as he saw it provocativly.He observed that people payed more attention to thier grass than to GOD.This offendid him.Qutb returned to Egypt and wrote a book about his negative experiances. He viewed western culture as a threat. And threw wahabbyism,and the Quran came up with the idea of JIHAD. He had already joined the muslim brotherhood to try to overthrow the secular govenment controling Egypt, so they could turn it into an islamic state based on the Quoran. Nassar beat him to it. He was throw in prision ,and tortured. He was executed in 1966.His brother Mohammid Qutb carryed on. In the 70's one of his students was...OSAMA BIN-LADEN.Qutb's life and writings are the basis for Al Quidas phylosophy. So your right this group hates us,hates western culture. They see it as a threat to their culture, and us as infadals.So all this hatred and killing started by a chance? encounter between a obscure Egyptin writer and us 57 years ago. If you don't believe me go look up SAYID QUTB.Being in Iraq and Saudi Arabia just exastubates the situation. Hitchens is right,religion has started more wars,and has been the cause of more death in the last oneto two thousand years than every other reason combined.

I find it almost amuseing that a group of people want to kill me over my lawn. :eek:
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -8

There are some liberals who have a starry viewed of the Muslim radicalism, just as there are some conservatives who favor a nuke 'em approach. It's not news that radical groups recruit psychopaths and other criminals, and no one here would defend or has defended Qutb's views.

Conservatives seem to conveniently forget western atrocities. Let's look at the Iraq situation in that light.
    - Hitler rose up in the ruins of war, just like terrorists are doing in Iraq now.
    - King Leopold (who committed genocide in the Congo) did his acts in the name of capitalism, a philosophy that at its crudest is terrorism without even moral underpinnings.
    - European Colonialism was ostensibly done to civilize Africa, but that too was a radical philosophy that resulted in 9 landlocked African countries and borders that cut through tribes, creating the foundation for conflict that even exists today.
    - The early American settlers committed atrocities against the Indians over a battle for land, something that is going on in Iraq right now.
    - And it's certainly no secret that some have used the Bible to justify all sorts of crimes (such as slavery, the Inquisition, and in some quarters the war on Iraq), which parallels Mr. Butt's statement, "They refuse to broach the difficult and often complex truth that Islam can be interpreted as condoning violence against the unbeliever - and instead repeat the mantra that Islam is peace and hope that all of this debate will go away."

In other words, we have created conditions where radical philosophies can thrive. One imagines if our country was blown to oblivion, if your property was destroyed, your children killed, if you were forced to live in a place where there were rampant social problems, crime and radicalism would do very well. That's common sense, but the parochial view of conservatives is to still look at people from other cultures as somehow fundamentally different from us. With Bush's strategy against Iraq, he is giving power and legitimacy to those in the Arab countries who tell the uneducated and troubled that all America wants is to destroy Islam and steal oil.

People are the same the world over. If you make people desperate, they'll take to desperate solutions. That is what Bush is doing by destroying a nation. That is what Osama bin Laden did on a smaller scale with his WTC attack.
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

There is no question in my mind that the conditions in these countries only helps to inflamme the situation.I f you have nothing , live in squalid conditions,and are most likely oppressed you are likely to join a group such as Al Quida, the desperation of a suicide bomber speaks for itself. The despiration of a Grandmother who blows herself up speaks,speaks ...leaves me speechless. I have to agree have contributed directly to most to these conditons in the last 10 to 15 years. And by proping up governments in the region, or simply buying oil to support an opressive rageims for much longer back to the 20's.Before us were the British and the Turks. The only way out I can see is almost a Marshall like plan involving most of the rich countries in the region.Of course the fighting between old rivals dateing back centuries some how has to be stopped or contained ,how I don't know.The complexity of the problem is mind bogling.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That explains why it's easier for Al Quida to recruit in these areas. That's why I was suprised to see the doctors involved in the London/Scottland attacks. Apparently the sick hijacking of a religion crosses all classes. Rich or poor, evil is evil.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 10 / -26

Religious or nationalistice extremism is the real issue, whether it be Islam, Christian or Judaism.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +577 / 2 / -9

Well said, I have tried to say the same thing in my street talk rantings and immediately the Left Wing BRAIN Surgeons hit me with one of their favorite feel good weapons "Racism".

These people will be trying to kill us for many years to come and if we elect to put people like Obama/Clinton or Kanootchie in the White House this country is in for a Bloodbath right here on America's Streets.

The democrat candidates running today very seldom mention this war with the Muslim Religion, this war that could kill many of our children right here at home, the Democrats have another war that they consider far more dangerous (to them) that is the war with Rush Limbaugh and Talk Radio.

The democrats will bring the troops home to fight Talk Radio, Mohammad knows this and he is waiting.
    :bricks:
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

Sounds nice BUT, MANY of the terrorist are affulent and well educated. Bin Laden, Zawahiri, both from affluent families, Most of the 9-11 bombers were well educated and not from a impoverished background. Even in this last terrorist plot, at least 2 of the people arrested were Medical Doctors, not urchins off the street.

Your post and Patters both fail to recognize that the Islamist are motivated by their theology.

The author comes right out and says it, and still you guys try to spin it as a problem of not having a head start program or something.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

That sounds good in theory. My eyes tell me otherwise.

Go to hell Patters.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

To further explain my "go to hell" comment to our assshole of a moderator -

9/11 was a smaller scale version of Iraq ? Get this straight buddy. Bin Laden's GOAL was to kill as many Americans as he could. GOAL. Get it ???

Bush's GOAL in Iraq was to get rid of a dictator who, undeniably, tortured and killed tens of thousands if not more.

Now, the end result may have been worse than what they had before. But there's a big difference between a goal of killing people and an unintended consequence of killing people.

Patters, you are a disgusting human being who is completely filled with hate. If I saw you I would do nothing but spit in your horrible little face.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +577 / 2 / -9

Osama and 9/11:
    In a few short days, maybe a matter of hours, the smoke was still rising, people were still buried alive, sobbing relatives were at the site praying that their loved ones would come walking out of the rubble, human blood and guts were still on the sidewalks from the "jumping people" smashing into the pavement and can you remember what some of the Liberal Bush Hating Anti American Osama Sympathizers were saying.

This is what many of these "Haters" in Hollywood, The Lefty media and Looney College Professors were bleating even before the first body was buried. "STOP WAVING THE FLAG AND SINGING GOD BLESS AMERICA IT OFFENDS THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY"

Make no mistake about it, many Left Wing Liberals in America believe that America deserved 9/11, the reason, George Bush was the President.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

And we deserve another one now - because Patters says so. When it happens he'll be out chanting "We Hate America" with the muslims.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +577 / 2 / -9

If he try's to join them they will kill him.
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

No, they'll sign him up for the jihad . . . they need America haters who aren't middle easterners, Patters will be perfect except that he won't join in the "God is Great" philosophy.
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -8

It was smaller scale in the sense that it was not ongoing and did not destroy our country. So, practically speaking, it was smaller scale. That's why we've largely recovered.

Of course, bin Laden's goal is to kill as many Americans as possible, but he did not realize that goal, and for that reason we have largely recovered. If bin Laden had realized his goal, I think there would be far more enthusiasm for the war or for even a wider war.

It was a bad goal because it made the world more dangerous and has led to greater loss of life than if we had continued with containment.

Not for the victims and their families. Not only that, it's the president's job to get it right.

It's your statement that's filled with hate.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

You hated first, buddy. I just returned it.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -8

Harry, the left wing has far less in common with OBL than the right wing. OBL is a militaristic, sexist, homophobic, exploitive, religious nut. He comes closer to Pat Robertson than to, say, Jessie Jackson, in his views. We need to destroy him, but instead have made him more powerful. That's a fact. I do not know of one liberal who wants anything less for OBL and his lieutenants than their capture or death, and had we concentrated our effort in Afghanistan, they would have been caught and Iraq would have remained a manageable problem. Remember, Harry, the liberal Democrat Johnson was president when the anti-war movement was at its height and forced him to not seek a second term. In other words, this has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with creating a better and safer world.
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -8

I don't know what you're talking about BF, except possibly you misunderstood what I meant when I said what OBL did was on a smaller scale. I was talking about the reality of the WTC attack, not the goal.
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

You didn't refute Harry's point which is that many lefties felt we deserved 9-11. This is true there is all sort of commentary about this some in the immeadite aftermath.

If fact Patters you have often implied the same. You make numerous comments about Western cupibility for OBL actions due to 'western colonialism'.