Welcome to PatsFans.com

Islamic Army calls for 'saving Baghdad from Iranian occupation'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

Interesting article, but I don't agree with the Sunni premise that the Iranians laid a trap. I don't think the Iranians could have known that the American people would be so foolish as to elect someone who would handle Iraq so stupidly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070101/wl_mideast_afp/iraqunrestiranus

DUBAI (AFP) - The head of the Islamic Army in Iraq, one of the main Sunni insurgent groups, called on Muslims to "save Baghdad from Iranian occupation," in an "urgent message" posted on the Internet.

"Iraq is under a double, US-Iranian occupation, the worst being the Iranian Safavid (Shiite Persian) occupation," the IAI's "emir" said in an audio message posted on a website used by Iraqi insurgent groups on Monday.

"The Islamic nation should ensure it does not lose Baghdad as it lost Al-Quds (Jerusalem) and, before that, Al-Andalus (Andalucia in southern Spain). It must carry out its Islamic duty of supporting Sunnis in Iraq by all means ... The decisive battle in Iraq is the battle for Baghdad," the voice said.

"America is staggering in Iraq ... It ignited the fire of sectarian war before realizing that it had fallen into a trap laid by the Iranians, who seized Iraq and its riches without any losses to speak of," the insurgent chief said

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Saddam is dead and no WMD's were found, get out now and let those animals slaughter each other, the hell with them.

If Pelosi/McCain/Kerry/Reid and Bush want to send more troops we should start burning our neighborhoods down AND IMPEACH THOSE BASTARDS, throw Pelosi out before she starts another War in Africa and drags the one in Iraq on.

If these Democrat Bastards want our young people sent to Africa to die we should have another "Civil War" right here in America.

Let the Crooked UN Scum handle these dictators and third world sh!t holes from now on, we have to start protecting our own seaports and borders in order to prevent our own country from becoming another "Third World Sh!t Hole"

NO MORE WAR, GET OUT OF IRAQ AND SAY THE HELL OUT OF AFRICA.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,143 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

I do Patters and this was a part of my old postings on the region.

- America wanted badly to control the future gas pipeline through Afghanistan.

- America wanted badly to be as close as possible to Central Asia, a possible hot point for the start of WWIII.

- America wanted badly to be close to Iran.

- America wanted badly to counter all the advances of controling the worlds energy by China & Russia.

- America was being pressured to remove their bases in Turkey. ( I make that simple ... it was more than that)

I made more than a few postings in those areas ... after seeing how influential the Irani amigo Chalabi was it made even more sense. Chalabi was influenced by Iran and he fed to Bush's ego ... let's hope this is the last stupid administration we see in our lifetime.

All good reasons I have been a Jake Edwards fan since he ran with Kerry.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

I think you've watched Farenhype one time too many.

Anyhow, Iran was one of the very reasons we went into Iraq. Iran's influence there is severe, as they puppet Al-Sadr and his militia. It's why I feel that a troops surge, if for the purpose of destroying Al-Sadr and his army, would be a very good decision. Obviously, the government isn't going to say exactly what the surge is intended for. They'll say security in Bahgdad, or to relieve over stretched units, yada, yada, yada... They're not going to put their playbook out for the enemy to see. So I'm hoping that they surge, and then smack Al-Sadr.