Welcome to PatsFans.com

Islam and violence???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TheSolderKing, May 24, 2011.

1. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

I thought Islam advocated peace? What happened to Islam and why have they strayed so far off course?

Topic speaks for itself. Go Israel kick arse:)

why is Islam violent? Does that not contradict the Islamic religion entirely?
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

why do you think this is real?
  3. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

YouTube - ‚Ä™Islam - A Religion of Peace, or Violence?‚Ĩ‏

more links to come^

women have no rights women get beaten and sexually abused

Islamic person makes a movie... not well received so Radical Islamic Principle an angry Muslim killed the maker.

This religion is suppose to be peaceful under the Quaran. If you go against the religious views of the Quaran you therefore are not Muslim b/c you defy laws of your Holy TEXT and in doing so you become non-Islam. I am perplexed to how these fanatics consider themselves Muslim. I realize fanatical Islam is a minority, but where are the good Muslims speaking out against the atrocities? Good Islam is the MAJORITY and I figure more than a few members should call the FANATICS out. Where is this movement of peace MAJORITY Muslims?
  4. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

You're starting to sound like harry. Many muslims have called the fanatics out. If you search in the forum you'll come across this discussion and links to the same. (Unlike harry, maybe you'll actually pay attention.)
  5. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

my goodness chico do you watch the NEWS??? If you ever have you would have seen similar demonstrations like this Poster presents to to us.

how dare you be a skeptic

when you say MANY how many??? this religion boasts MILLIONS of followers. If you say merely 1 or 2 thousand you insult my intelligence
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

In America there has been an erosion of established right of women, and they are beatend an sexually abused.

In America the Dixie Chicks utter 15 words, and are blackballed by the record industry and receive death threats.

In America a High School Student challenges Michelle Bachman to a debate, and she receives threats of rape..

In America you the constitution guarantees equal protection for all and freedom of speech. If you go against the religious views of the right wing establishment you therefore are not an american as you defy laws of the right wing leaders and in doing so you become non-american. I am perplexed to how these fanatics consider themselves American. I realize fanatical Right is a minority, but where are the good Americans speaking out against the atrocities? Good Americans are the MAJORITY and I figure more than a few members should call the FANATICS out.
  7. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

2007 #'s we are 2011

Christianity: 2.1 billion
    Islam: 1.5 billion
    Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
    Hinduism: 900 million
    Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
    Buddhism: 376 million
    primal-indigenous: 300 million
    African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
    Sikhism: 23 million
    Juche: 19 million
    Spiritism: 15 million
    Judaism: 14 million
    Baha'i: 7 million
    Jainism: 4.2 million
    Shinto: 4 million
    Cao Dai: 4 million
    Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
    Tenrikyo: 2 million
    Neo-Paganism: 1 million
    Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
    Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
    Scientology: 500 thousand

5-10thousand people speaking out is NOTHING

Good ISLAM need I remind you is of the MAJORITY.

where are the 90-100 thousand speaking out in a unified crusade to call out this HYPOCRISY? With a NET of 1.5 BILLION 90-100 thousand is a very fair number
  8. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Major Religions Ranked by Size

my source

need I find more supporting evidence?

whomever brought up Women being abused in AMERICA that is a LAUGHABLE comparison. REmember my political stance is being a REALIST. How dare you compare America to the staunch Islamic WORLD of the Middle East and other areas because that notion only reaffirms your IGNORANCE.

Do women of America are they forced to cut out out parts of their genitals so that they FEEL NO PLEASURE during sex? my goodness and you bring up AMERICA
  9. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Ahh the single biggest driving factor in the "shaping" of American minds.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

What amazes me is, why has the Kind and Caring, Gentle, Non Violent Champions of Human Rights and Civil Liberties (the american liberal) fallen in love with such a Murderous abusive culture.

:confused::confused:

:rocker: "yup, loons have strange brains harry"
  11. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

whatever, if you want to be a jackass, feel free

edit: That probably wasn't fair, since I started by comparing you to harry.

I will in fact "dare" to be a skeptic of a poster from "motifake."

As for many, I have no idea. I certainly haven't read condemnations from thousands, let alone millions.

of course, that goes for pretty much any topic we might oppose.

Have you read thousands or millions of condemnations of pedophile priests? of Christian violence? of any other single phenomenon?

If not, why are you targeting the "good" and peaceful Muslims for the actions of the extremists in their midst?
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Are you trying, in your own tortured way, to tell us that FGM is an Islamic tradition?

Oh...and just fyi - FGM was legal in The United States until 1997.
  13. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

when I SEE Muslims BURNING FLAGS and holding pretty posters of HATRED it is very credible. My mind isn't shaped by the news b/c the news is merely an instrument of profiteering, but it DOES SHOW actual 1st hand encounters as they are. :eek:
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

"mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "why is that man throwing rocks at that ladys face"
    "he's going to kill her dear"
    "how come mom"
    "she didn't feed his donkey this morning"
    "oh"

:bricks:
  15. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I admit when I am wrong. I did not know that fact Mrs.

that is merely 1 thing keep reading this topic.

I was under the interpretation I thought you said you were Jewish? I support Israel sooo much. These a-holes are the ones that do not recognbize you and want Israel and America DEAD:mad:

didn't you get the memo?
  16. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I could SHOW you encounters of anything and everything from any group of people. People manipulated by propaganda obviously never believe they are manipulated.
  17. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I certainly won't be manipulated by your empty thoughts today. How do you think Historians get a bigger picture? They look at PRIMARY instances that occurred during a given time period. When the news shows pretty posters of HATE and the BURNING of Israel and or American Flags that is a PRIMARY source it HAPPENED and was caught on tape.

surely people like Harry and myself were hired to do such demonstrations.:bricks:

why do liberals DOUBT factual happenings. I am a collection of many verbs and nouns; I am a REALIST that sees things for what they are. Why can't you accept this TRUTH? Fyi I am an Independent :rocker:
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Perhaps you would better serve yourself and everyone else if you actually knew something about what you're saying.

FGM has no place in a discussion about Islam since it is not an Islamic tradition. FGM is now, and always has been, a cultural issue and is practiced in many non-Islamic countries.

FGM originated in Africa. Female genital mutilation predated Islam. It originated in Africa and remains today a mainly African cultural practice. Some indicators of this are:

It is widely practiced in countries where the predominant religion is Christianity: Examples are Ethiopia and Kenya.

In multi-faith countries, it is often forced on girls whose families follow all faiths: Animism religions, Christianity, and Islam. For example, it is frequently practiced among both Muslims, Christians and Animists in Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sierra Leone, and Sudan.

FGM was once practiced by Ethiopian Jews (a.k.a. Beta Israel; formerly known by the derogatory term "Falashas"). This practiced was apparently discontinued some time ago. A pediatrician who works in the Beta Israel community claims that they no do not practice FGM in Israel. Also, their daughters who were born in Ethiopia were not mutilated.

FGM has spread to countries in or near Africa (e.g. Egypt) which are Muslim. But FGM is rare or nonexistent in many other Muslim countries. Examples are Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and Turkey. Also, It is not done in the Maghreb countries of Northwest Africa.

FGM is only occasionally found in Indonesia and other predominately Muslim countries in Asia.

FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION FEMALE (CIRCUMCISION) IN AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST AND FAR EAST

If you want to help your own argument it might be wise not to include easily disproven facts in an attempt to back it up.

Funny - I could have sworn that my Muslim neighbors here actually like me. I watch their kids, I drink coffee with them at Borders on Saturday morning and their daughters sit next to my son and giggle down at the pool. They take care of my mother-in-law at the nursing home. I'm pretty sure they recognize me - they even know my name and call me by it. One of them even gave my mother-in-law the shirt off her back when all of her's were in the laundry.

Apparently not. Or maybe my reading comprehension is not as good as your own.
  19. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Death threats, yes unfortunately. Blackballed?? Not quite. the controversy was in 2003 and their album went to #1 in 2006.....The reason you haven't heard from them for the last few years is that they took a hiatus to be with their young children.

>As of 2009, they have won 13 Grammy Awards, with 5 of them earned in 2007 including the coveted Grammy Award for Album of the Year for Taking the Long Way.. <(from wikipedia- best I could do)
  20. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I'm going to show you photos of white men being violent, and then claim that we should not tolerate white men.

You lack perspective and objectivity.