PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaac Bruce cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

They're dropping like flies.........Let's get this party started !!!!!!!!!!

He'll be 36 about 3 months into the season.

No thanks.

They're dropping like flies.........Let's get this party started !!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind picking him up for cheap money. I think he would be a better option then a 2nd day draft pick. With any luck the Pats can re-sign Moss, Gaffney and Washington to new deals. Add those guys to Welker and Jackson and we still need to bring in a couple of WR's. And if we re-sign those three, there are still questions: Jackson has yet to stay healthy and show any real potential and Washington hasn't done anything receiver related in two years. I think Bruce would be a nice veteren addition.

Man, you'd think this was a Redskins board with all the threads about guys way past their prime.

yeah, seau was clearly such a bad fit with the team. ******* old farts :D

yeah, seau was clearly such a bad fit with the team. ******* old farts :D

Seau plays ILB on limited downs.
Wide receivers make a living off their speed. Losing 2 steps for a receiver hurts a lot more than for a run stuffing LB.
The big difference is because of the positions they play.

Isaac Bruce is a big speedy target, has great hands and runs veteran, All Pro routes....what on earth is wrong with him being signed as a 4th receiver?

Isaac Bruce has lost TWO STEPS???

you have PROOF of this assertion?

Isaac Bruce..2007

played 14 games...55 receptions...733 yards...4 TD's

yeah..he's a bum...not like our world killer Chad Jackson

Isaac Bruce is a big speedy target, has great hands and runs veteran, All Pro routes....what on earth is wrong with him being signed as a 4th receiver?

Potentially? That someone else will likely offer him 2nd-3rd receiver money.

sure he could...does that mean we lay off making an offer anyway? why?...to not upset the fragile sensibilities of Chad "I'll play someday!" Jackson?

He was cut from his team and he's turning 36.
I don't see how anyone, not even you, could have direct proof without observing him personally, but the writing is on the wall.

c'mon...that's totally and completely weak...he had 55 catches last season, yet YOU say he's lost 2 steps...that's about 5/10 of a second off his 4.4 forty...that's plain ridiculous. The most likely explanation is he got cut because of cap ramifications.

He was cut from his team and he's turning 36.
I don't see how anyone, not even you, could have direct proof without observing him personally, but the writing is on the wall.

What was his cap number?

If Moss re-signs, my guess is they'll try to go Moss/Welker/Gaffney/Jackson/Washington, with Troy on the shadow roster.

Plus, of course, a lot of TEs.

Name a better #4 receiver on any NFL team than Bruce... I'll wait.. :)

Like the type of proof you threw up there to show that Jackson has bad hands and runs lousy routes?

Isaac Bruce..2007

played 14 games...55 receptions...733 yards...4 TD's

yeah..he's a bum...not like our world killer Chad Jackson

Jeez, he had a year similar to Donte Stallworth's... but he's completely and utterly washed up. How come our trash is always gold and everyone else's is worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes