2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How is your glass?

• Half full. We are in it!

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • Half empty. We are pretenders!

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Half empty, and the glass is cracked, and it’s an ugly glass anyway! Now get off my lawn!

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My glass is pretty much full 9/10ths. You have to compare your cup to the rest of the league rather than to the Dynasty years or 07. Right now there is only one team in the AFC that scares me and couple others that I give any respect to.

This poll was skewed to the negative but still came out positive glad to see it guys. There probably should have been 4 options cup is full SB here we come, half full, half empty, and the doom and gloom one. By putting one good and 2 bad there clearly was expectations that there would be much more negative than there is.

Half full, for these reasons:

- Chung and Gregory will return, and our db play will improve as a result. When you see guys wide open it's communications, and they will fix that.
- Hightower is just returning and getting back into form
- we played the other night with both starting guards out, so that's why the running game suffered
- Brady and Lloyd will get in better sync
- Gronk and Hernandez (esp Hernandez) will be healthier by the week after the bye
- I think BB will crack down a little on McDaniels' trick plays

half full. i think the sort of defense we have depends on the ability of the offense to not be ******ed and if our offense is as clunky in the clutch mid/late november as i feel like it's been lately then we're probably in oz and i guess you have to just roll with it whatever nader 2016

Last edited:
The kool aid is all gone and my glass is empty.

This pass defense will do that to a person.

Too early for a poll like this,the team played one likely playoff team and lost.

See me for my selection after the 49ers game

The Ravens and Seahawks should be playoff teams.

Both losses due the pass defense. No other way to spin it.

Hello everyone....

Half full.

If we could just play 4 solid quarters, we'd be undefeated.

Tom is still Tom...but he's taken a lot of beatings over the years and isn't ever going to be the same guy that stands in and moves up in the pocket with purpose instead of looking to duck the hit that sometimes isn't coming. He's not Bledsoe with his happy feet, but he's not TFB from 2001-2007 either. Still better than all but a few and still my guy. We do pay for his ridiculously poor athleticism b/c when teams rush 3...he can't make play with his legs and our WR's are ****TY at improvisation.

Running game is pretty damn good...but it seems if we run it a lot..then the passing game goes to hell. We can sling it all day....but then we can't line up and run it. We can pound it better than anytime since Corey Dillon's first year but we CAN'T DO BOTH with any consistency which is madenning.

WR's...With Branch out there, it's almost like playing 10 on 11. I love him too folks but he's not getting it done. There is not one Patriots OUTSIDE WR that an average man couldn't beat in an arm wrestling contest let alone get off press coverage. Branch=no production, Lloyd=spotty production and requires perfect throws 3 feet out of bounds so he can make acrobatic, uncoverable sideline catches. Edelman is still a poor mans Welker and poor Wes can only do so much.

TE's...Studs pure and simple but both are clearly not 100%.

OL is what it always is...Good enough most days to get the job done. I swear it doesn't matter who is there...if there is a room in the HOF for assistants then Dante is a lock.

Bottom line..when healthy and clicking...un-freakin-stoppable. But they are not healthy and Tom isn't a spring chicken so that brings me to the D

Which still kinda sucks.

Run D: Better than last year for certain and I love that. If Hightower, Spikes and Mayo can manage to play the rest of the season together it will get even better.

Pass D: Nightmare, again. The league has all but banned the Ronnie Lotts and Rodney Harrison's of the league so what you need is a safety that can make plays on the ball...and we still don't have those. Until we get great safety play to cover mistakes like an Ed Reed...it won't ever be anything special unless the pass rush becomes special.

This team can win, or lose to anyone...but the same can be said of almost everyone else at this point. Just need to win the division and we'll go from there!

Terrible poll options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back