2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How is your glass?

• Half full. We are in it!

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • Half empty. We are pretenders!

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Half empty, and the glass is cracked, and it’s an ugly glass anyway! Now get off my lawn!

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
With all the pessimistic threads, I wanted to get a better sense of the mindset of fans here after the NE Patriots took over sole possession of 1st place in the AFC East.

For you, is the glass...

Half full. We are in contention, as always!
Half empty. We are pretenders!
Half empty, and the glass is cracked, and it’s an ugly glass anyway! Now get off my lawn!

the poll response so far seems more upbeat than the overall tone of most threads

I've been tempted to compare this team with 2002 or 2009 but I realize we have more talent than we did those years. That is why I'm optimistic about us having the ability to overcome these early season inconsistencies.

Half full? I see a glass that's 3/4 full, so I'm going to call it all the way full! :lol2:

the glass is 4/7 full

I have no idea how things will play out, but right now, this team is not as good as it should be

In regards to the secondary? Mostly empty. I'm really afraid they're going to doom us this year when it counts. Something big needs to be done about it in the off season.

In regards to the Front 7?: Half full. I see a fair amount of potential here and if they continue to improve, we can make a decent run come playoff time.

In regards to the O?: Half full. I'm sure it will be up and running when it's playoff time. The O line hasn't been as bad as I feared and I like the emergence of the RBs.

As IllegalContact said.. I'm definitely in the 3/4ths full department.

In fact, if the Pats tank the season they will still have my utmost respect and confidence in their future.

They've earned it.

I say the following because I think the Super Bowl Malaise is a very real thing even in the professional NFL player psyche. Its a real shame that the Super Bowl losers aren't respected as having won the equivalent of a silver medal instead of having lost everything.

Last edited:
Unless the Packers make the Superbowl the NFC is going to be filled with dominant defensive teams. I have no idea what to make of the Patriots 2012 thus far. They could easily be 7-0 as 3-4.

My glass WAS half-full, but I'm refilling it. With bourbon. I'm gonna sit down and enjoy it. Now get off my lawn. :cool:

Can't imagine them playing much worse than they are and we have a winning record. A couple plays here and there and we are considered a dominant team.

Now we know how people are goign to attack us, it's up to the coaches and players to come up with a solution to the problem. I think they'll come together near the end of the season and be peaking at the right time. Offense is going to get healthier, especially with the bye coming up and we'll be back to clicking on all cylinders.

Despite a tough match up against the jets, the division goes through us.

Given some of the posts on the forum yesterday, I'm really surprised this is so one-sided right now.

Definitely more to be happy about than pissed about. The O is a let down, and that is weird for this team. The D is better and the upside looks promising. This is a league of parity this year and if we get hot at the right time - why not us?

My glass isn't quite full, but if the bartender opened up a bottle of running game and added a shot or two, I'd have a pretty special drink.

Last edited:
This is a side changing a few things, getting it's best players back on deck and working towards the end of the season, not the start.

Glass is very full.

Glass is definitely half full.
Too much talent on offense to continue these 2nd half struggles.
Got to get back to basics.
D front/LB core is terrific against the run.
Must get more aggressive with the pass rush. Got nothing to loss by blitzing much more often.
Schedule sets up nicely after the bye. Only 3 road games and the really tough teams are at home.
Like the Patriots to finish at 11 - 5.
Despite their struggles no team wants the play the Patriots.

Given some of the posts on the forum yesterday, I'm really surprised this is so one-sided right now.

much of what you describe is predicated on the notion that this team is better then it is playing. We all see a roster that appears to be better than the one that got them to the super bowl. so part of the problem is the team is underachieving. The other part of the problem is that the signature of the nature of this teams issues have not changed for a few years now.....it is simply against logic to spend so many draft picks on a secondary and have it wind up the way it is......it is getting progressively worse each year.

Last Sunday our O Line consisted of Solder, Thomas, Wendell, McDonald an Volmer.. no all pros...

A year ago it was Light, Mankins, Wendell, Waters and Volmer/Solder... three all pros among that bunch..

Perhaps it is as simple as Brady does not have as much confidence as he has in the past with his O line...

Can't answer that without using two glasses, the Offense's glass is 3/4 full with the chance of overflowing and the Defense's (secondary) glass is empty with a hole at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes