Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is your comp worthy?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by sdaniels7114, Sep 27, 2007.

1. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I just came across this incredibly useful website. Much bigger game geeks than me ( IE actual 14 yr olds, as opposed to just someone really juvenile, like me) say its analysis is as good as gold. No more trying to remember whether its a 9575 or a 9550 level Video Card that can handle DX 9.03a vs DX 9.03c or just what the correction factor in Mgs is between Intel and AMD processors. I just wanna play and I hate consoles.

2. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Great website! Worked perfectly for me:

CPU
    Minimum: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
    You Have: undefined
    FYI: Could not determine your exact CPU, so look at all the other requirements listed to see if you can run the product.
    CPU Speed
    Minimum: 1.2 GHz
    Could not determine your exact CPU Speed, so look at all the other requirements listed to see if you can run the product.
    System RAM
    Minimum: 256 MB
    Could not determine how much RAM your computer has. You may or may not pass this requirement, so please try and evaluate through another method.
    Operating System
    Minimum: Windows 2000/XP
    Could not determine your exact Operating System, so look at all the other requirements listed to see if you can run the product.
    Video Card
    Minimum: 64 MB 3D Video Card with Hardware Transform & Lighting (NVIDIA GeForce2+ / ATI Radeon 7500+)
    Could not determine the video card requirement for your computer. Please review the Video Card details below or use another method for your evaluation
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - undefined
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - undefined
    Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - undefined
    Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
    Your driver version number is: undefined
    FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    DirectX Version
    Minimum: DirectX® version 9.0c (included) or higher
    Could not determine your DirectX version number. But you can download the latest version of DirectX for FREE from Microsoft's website.
    Sound Card
    Minimum: Yes
    Could not determine your sound card, but you can still run the game if all other requirements are met.
    Sound Card Driver Version
    Your driver version number is: undefined
    FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    Free Disk Space
    Minimum: 1.7 GB
    Could not determine how much Free Disk Space your computer has. Please try to use a different method to see if you meet this requirement.
    CD
    Minimum: 4X Speed CD/DVD-ROM
    Could not determine what you've got. Please try to use a different method to see if you meet this requirement.

Guess its because I have a mac. :D

3. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If you bought a Mac to play video games, your problems are a bit too big for a website to fix.

4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Uhm Macs run OS X and Windows so actually they play all PC games. Since I bought my Macbook Pro I've played Oblivion, Company of Heroes, Half-Life 2 and am currently playing Far Cry to name a few.

5. fleabassist1

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

What problems? I run all the video games you do...

I ran the program for civilization IV which is what I was playing right before I looked at the link.

6. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I stand corrected on Macs. I didn't know they were now Windows compatible.

Note to self: Don't bother posting links to sites you think might be useful here in the Patsfans pub. All you'll get is grief from the Mac snobs.

7. fleabassist1

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

:D
    Yeah, Macs are intell based now.
    OT-
    Have you seen the new iPod touch? Oh boy is that cool. It's like an iPhone without the phone.

8. Skree

Skree Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

I just installed Vista on my Mac Pro. What a pig this OS is (and I have 4 gigs of ram!). :eek:

I think I'll downgrade to XP or create a new partition for it.

Currently playing CoD 4: Modern Warfare. FUN!

I picked up a 30" display from work. Man oh man does CoD look sweet!:rocker:

9. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

On a Mac Pro I bet it does. :rocker: I bought my first laptop (an iBook) in 2001 thinking I'd just use it as a mobile computer since I had a G4 tower. I started using that laptop and never touched the desktop again. A year later I bought a Powerbook DVI and last year got a MacBook Pro. With the 256 of VRAM I can still crank up the graphics. I just love sitting in my recliner and surfing the net (as I am know) or gaming. I'm currently playing MOH Airborne. Using Bootcamp. And enjoying it. I can just image how good it would look on a desktop with a powerful video card.

10. Skree

Skree Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

MoH is a great game series. I tried the demo for Airborne and didn't really care for the new aiming, but I only played it through once. Didn't give it much of a chance.

I've got a 17" MacBook Pro and LOVE it. Sitting anywhere in the house, surfing the net. good times. I haven't put boot-camp on it cuz its primarily my work computer.