Reaction score
Yes, do it

No, don't

I have no idea, that is a great question

IS he?

I'd almost rather have the pick......
but then again, to US it might be worth it just b/c our WR are so thin

No

hes limited in receiving skills and hes not a great KR but a real good PR. i think we can do better in draft w/ a 2nd rounder

No

hes limited in receiving skills and hes not a great KR but a real good PR. i think we can do better in draft w/ a 2nd rounder

then push "no button" :D

Absolutely not worth a 2nd rounder.

I would rather the Pats randomly drew a name from a hat of the players names the pats have ranked 50-80 on their draft board than give up a 2nd rounder for him.

its the 60th overall pick, basically at the top of the 3rd.

IF BB does it, the reasoning is that a rookie can only be signed for 4 years according to the CBA. If BB signs Wes for 4 years, I could understand it because we don't have a PR.

Yes, Ive made posts..gotten flamed..stuck by it..

Wes Welker is a perfect fit for our team.. he is a threat everytime hes on the field..

well the good part about this is that we aren't making the decision.
If we were in change or things this team would have 0 rings.

The great thing is that if the Pats do make this deal then it was definitely worth it and BB and co. feel that Welker is definitely worth a low 2nd rounder.

Which is enough for me.

No

He caught more balls last year than anyone on the Patriots while being throw to by Dauey Harringpepper. "He's limited in receiving skills," give me a break.

well the good part about this is that we aren't making the decision.
If we were in change or things this team would have 0 rings.

The great thing is that if the Pats do make this deal then it was definitely worth it and BB and co. feel that Welker is definitely worth a low 2nd rounder.

Which is enough for me.

Keegs you koolaid guzzler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

one of JoeSixPat's thing against Welker is that he is not a deep homerun stretch.

But in '05, he averaged 15 yards a catch. It dropped drastically last year, but I don't think that's Welker's fault when you have Culpepper, Lemon and Harrington throwing at you. They s*cked. LOL

No don't do it... but if BB & SP pull the trigger who are a bunch of pathetic mortals such as ourselves to question them...

Yes.

Draft picks (both the pick and the player) are often overrated. Would we be able to get a receiver at pick 60 who is likely to be as productive as Welker? I doubt it. Could we hit on a Branch or a Boldin? Possibly, but far less likely, imo.

also Welker had 2 or 3 ******s throwing him the ball last year

we have TOM BRADY

i think he'd do a little better here.

Yes.

Draft picks (both the pick and the player) are often overrated. Would we be able to get a receiver at pick 60 who is likely to be as productive as Welker? I doubt it. Could we hit on a Branch or a Boldin? Possibly, but far less likely, imo.

Right. If this was a Patriot who had 67 catches the year before (and was a great special teamer... think a young Troy Brown), you guys would be going ballistic if we lost him for a 2nd round pick.

No one who's around at 60 is going to catch 60 balls next year.

By the way, this is all great in theory... but even if the Patriots sign Welker to an offer sheet (hasn't even happened yet), the Dolphins still get a chance to match. Unless the Patriots use poison pill provisions to pick him up, I don't think Welker will be a Patriot.

Last edited:
He can kick field goals for us if need be. Now that's Patriot versatility!

He is probably worth it, as he will most likely produce more than second round guy for next year or two, but will be more expensive and the worst part is it will take a pick away from our draft day viewing.......every time your team comes up to pick on Day 1 is one of the great joys of life...Do we have to give up this year's number 2 or next year's? If it was next year's I would do it, but I would rather they get an Eric Moulds for a year, without giving up any picks....and trade down at 24 or 28 and take a WR early in second round....Sidney Rice!!!

No

Welker is a much better KR than you give him credit for. The Dolphins kick return blocking was bad.

Also, why do you think that Welker's receiving skills are limited? He had 687 yards on 67 receptions with 285 yards coming after the catch (that's 41% of his yards after the catch). I think that Welker's has very good hands and is the type of player that Troy Brown was back in 2001.

Welker was the target of passes 100 times last year and caught 67 of them. Now, he did have 4 drops. But he didn't fumble at all.

I'm gonna say "No" for now, but if they do it, I'll be just fine with it...if that makes any sense.

I do not think Welker is worth a 2nd. However it is addition by subtraction in that we take a weapon away from Miami that we have had some trouble with.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes