PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Washington a potential trade partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Washington's only pick in the first two days is in round 1 at #4 overall. Their next pick isn't until #103. Could the Pats send off a 2nd rounder for something next year? Is there a player on the Skins' roster who may not fit into Shanahan's system worth giving up a #2 for?

Sure, if Shanny is willing to give up his 2011 first for #44, I think Bill could be talked into that move.

Portis is the only Redskin I see getting out of town ...with newly signed Parker and Johnson on the roster and the Redskins probably drafting a back this year as Shanahan loves to work with young backs who he always does well with.

Shanahan said a month ago that Portis is his back like he was in Denver but with a change to a probable passing game with McNabb,I think a 2nd rounder could change his thinking,he could pick a back there and even if he does not I think Johnson and Parker are more than capable of handling duties in the backfield.

Question is...Is Clinton Portis still good enough to be in a trade for a #2?

Last edited:
Portis is the only Redskin I see getting out of town ...with newly signed Parker and Johnson on the roster and the Redskins probably drafting a back this year as Shanahan loves to work with young backs who he always does well with.

Shanahan said a month ago that Portis is his back like he was in Denver but with a change to a probable passing game with McNabb,I think a 2nd rounder could change his thinking,he could pick a back there and even if he does not I think Johnson and Parker are more than capable of handling duties in the backfield.

Question is...Is Clinton Portis still good enough to be in a trade for a #2?

Let me fire these two at you Cousin. The Skins seem to want to go with their two young WR in Devin Thomas and Malcomb Kelley as well as TE Fred Davis. Shanny also likes RFA Tony Sheffler, one of his main boys in Denver.

Santana Moss is 30 which does not bother BB but he is still productive (70 receptions) and would be a great pairing on the outside with Randy Moss. I would love to see 27 year old TE Chris Cooley here as a Clark type move TE.
Then Shanny could pick up Sheffler later.
Fills two holes for the Pats with a trade.

You Cousins are going to nail me for this but I see AD as a good fit in Washington. They need an OLB to work on the other side of Orapko. They have nada...zilch! They move McIntosh inside. They only have a first, a fourth, fifth and a seventh. Maybe #53 and AD for Cooley (recovered from broken ankle) and Santana Moss? Thoughts? Dan Snyder is not afraid of contracts and AD would be the only Skin LB with 3-4 experience. He might reinvent himself. He still has talent.

Santana Moss has a contract through 2010 and Cooley until 2012. Both fairly priced.

Now the Skins go Okung OT in the first. Perhaps NT Torell Troup at #53 (Haynesworth at 5 Tech DE. What else can you do. He does not want to play NT) . Swap their fourth rounder to Denver for Sheffler. Pick up a possession slot WR like Cooper or Shipley in the fifth and go for Guard depth or a MLB in the seventh like G Chris Scott or ILB Micah Johnson.

This could also pave the way for the Skins to pick up FA slot WR Kevin Curtis without a trade or pick who was a McNabb go-to guy a few years back with 77 receptions. He could be McNabb's security blanket for awhile. Now you could go for more D or O line help in the fifth or DB depth.

Maybe Campbell gets a decent pick.

They picked up depth in D line Ma'ake Kemoeatu and O line Hicks as well as LJ and Willie Parker and CB Philip Buchanon.

The Skins have become markedly better with these new pieces. They could be a Wild Card contender.
DW Toys

The Redskins always make a lot of noise in the preseason only to flop on their faces when the games actually count. I'll wait to see it before I believe it.

As for the proposed trade, I don't have an interest in Cooley because he's not a real tight end, he's an H-back. Santanna Moss would be a 1 year rental and he's too inconsistent as a player for me to have much confidence in. Overall the only positive is dumping AD, but I'd want picks back.

The ideal situation would be to dump AD or Maroney on the Redskins and get back say a 3rd rounder in return. Or perhaps we can work a trade to give up our 2nd rounder plus either of those two for the Redskins 3rd this year and their 1st next year.

Last edited:
The Redskins always make a lot of noise in the preseason only to flop on their faces when the games actually count. I'll wait to see it before I believe it.

As for the proposed trade, I don't have an interest in Cooley because he's not a real tight end, he's an H-back. Santanna Moss would be a 1 year rental and he's too inconsistent as a player for me to have much confidence in. Overall the only positive is dumping AD, but I'd want picks back.

The ideal situation would be to dump AD or Maroney on the Redskins and get back say a 3rd rounder in return. Or perhaps we can work a trade to give up our 2nd rounder plus either of those two for the Redskins 3rd this year and their 1st next year.

Maroney for a 3rd?...better drop that bid down
another notch or two

Maroney would not fetch anything higher than a 5th IMO,maybe AD AND Maroney pack thier bags for a 3rd

I'd split the difference here. Our #53 and Thomas for Moss and their 3rd would be a dream scenario wouldnt it? That would give us a rental WR(all we really need til we figure out what Edleman and Tate can give us), dropping us 16 spots or so...all the while getting rid of/giving away Thomas! Isnt this what we did with Vrabel last season?? Player for player trades hardly ever happen.... I know I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back