Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is voter fraud rampant?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

Dead people voted in the Texas primary this year, the Dallas Cowboys were among a few thousand people fraudulently registered in Nevada, and Missourri thinks some corpses have made plans for November 4th. Anyone worried?

Local 2 Investigates Dead Voters

POSTED: 11:16 am CDT October 9, 2008
    UPDATED: 9:08 am CDT October 10, 2008

HOUSTON --

"As far back as I can remember, they've always voted in the election," Guidry said of her parents.

The March 2008 Primary was no exception. Voting records show Alexis' mom, Gloria Guidry, cast her ballot in person near her South Houston home. "It was just very shocking, a little unsettling," said Alexis Guidry.

It's unsettling because Gloria Guidry died of cancer 10 months before the March Primary.

Local 2 Investigates Dead Voters - Local 2 Investigates News Story - KPRC Houston

Missouri officials suspect fake voter registration

By BILL DRAPER, Associated Press Writer
    Wed Oct 8, 9:45 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Officials in Missouri, a hard-fought jewel in the presidential race, are sifting through possibly hundreds of questionable or duplicate voter-registration forms submitted by an advocacy group that has been accused of election fraud in other states.

Missouri officials suspect fake voter registration - Yahoo! News

Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group

ACORN's canvassers filled out forms with fake names, addresses, officials say

By ADRIENNE PACKER and MOLLY BALL
    REVIEW-JOURNAL
    Elections
    Politics

ON THE WEB
    ACORN slide show

Authorities on Tuesday morning raid the offices of ACORN, a voter registration organization, and seize registration forms and computer databases.
    Photo by Craig L. Moran.

State authorities on Tuesday raided an organization that registers low-income people to vote, alleging that its canvassers falsified forms with bogus names, fake addresses or famous personalities.

The secretary of state's office launched an investigation after noticing that names did not match addresses and that most members of the Dallas Cowboys appeared to be registering in Nevada to vote in November's general election.

"Some of these (forms) were facially fraudulent; we basically had the starting lineup for the Dallas Cowboys," Secretary of State Ross Miller said. "Tony Romo is not registered to vote in Nevada. Anyone trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot."

ReviewJournal.com - News - Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group

2. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

How about this beaut?

1 VOTER, 72 REGISTRATIONS

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

By JEANE MacINTOSH Post Correspondent
    Posted: 4:00 am
    October 10, 2008

CLEVELAND - A man at the center of a voter-registration scandal told The Post yesterday he was given cash and cigarettes by aggressive ACORN activists in exchange for registering an astonishing 72 times, in apparent violation of Ohio laws.

"Sometimes, they come up and bribe me with a cigarette, or they'll give me a dollar to sign up," said Freddie Johnson, 19, who filled out 72 separate voter-registration cards over an 18-month period at the behest of the left-leaning Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

"The ACORN people are everywhere, looking to sign people up. I tell them I am already registered. The girl said, 'You are?' I say, 'Yup,' and then they say, 'Can you just sign up again?' " he said.

OHIO MAN BRIBED BY ACORN ACTIVISTS TO REGISTER TO VOTE 72 TIMES - New York Post

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Voter fraud has always been pretty common, and attempts to control are also common. The problem with ACORN is that they employ people to get people registered. Every now and then someone tries to cheat and they get caught. Obviously, that's what happened in the case of ACORN where the cheater not only used the names of famous people, he also didn't disguise his handwriting. He probably got a couple hundred dollars from ACORN for insisting he registered a lot of people, but of course got quickly found out.

Republican cheating is quite rampant this year as it has been in recent years. There are many, many examples, but this story came out yesterday:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/09/u...l?_r=2&oref=slogin&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

Tens of thousands of eligible voters in at least six swing states have been removed from the rolls or have been blocked from registering in ways that appear to violate federal law, according to a review of state records and Social Security data by The New York Times.

Still, because Democrats have been more aggressive at registering new voters this year, according to state election officials, any heightened screening of new applications may affect their party’s supporters disproportionately.

The six swing states seem to be in violation of federal law in two ways. Michigan and Colorado are removing voters from the rolls within 90 days of a federal election, which is not allowed except when voters die, notify the authorities that they have moved out of state, or have been declared unfit to vote.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Bo worked for ACORN, does that help?

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

dem Rats hate removing the dead from the rolls since they are such a reliable constituency for the libs.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Cheating is OK among the Democrats because they believe themselves to always "be right" and that they are the saviors of mankind, they are the truth and the way, they are the Village that Pant Suit Hillary says it takes to raise your family and guide you through this life, therfore there is nothing wrong for a democrat to cheat in order to force their will upon us all.

GOD DAMN AMERICA

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA CAN KISS MY A$S.

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

I didn't say Democrat, or Republican, cuz my guess is that both sides are guilty, or looking for an advantage, whatever way possible. I just think voter fraud, when found, should be penalized to the max. Make it so that no one will ever attempt it, for fear of being penalized.

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Both sides cheat on the local level. The real danger though, I think, is electronic cheating (e.g., Diebold) which could creating widespread dishonesty. The other kinds of cheating are fought with some success and I suspect rarely effect an election, though Ohio 2004, Florida 2000, and Illinois 1960 may been cases where the cheating affected the results of a national election. (There may be other examples prior to those, too, but I don't know.)

9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yeah, the Acorn model to get out the vote lends itself to potentially all kinds of fraud as proved with your examples but here’s another potential problem:

It's too close today to the election but if you were in Ohio as late as 5 days ago, you could have claimed residency, legally registered to vote then vote in the upcoming election leave the state so long as you returned sometime in the next 4 years. In a swing state like Ohio, think there is a legitimate concern on how many votes will be imported this way, especailly with the register to vote and vote early policy they have there.

But I’m going to take off my partisan hat for a moment to make a point or two. I think it’s clear to anyone trying to be objective that Acorn in it’s zeal to elect a democrat crosses the line…..not so much by policy but by model with its quota requirements. At the same time I think republicans would want nothing more than investigations of Acorn in these swing states, not only to uncover possible fraud but with the added benefit of scaring away some votes.Yeah they want a clean vote but only in the sates that will help them and if some people get intimidated by that, oh well. But before you libs start feeling too self righteous, remember how you only wanted recounts in the 4 counties that had the highest number of registered democrats in FL? Yeah they wanted a recount but only where you would most likely gain votes, if it meant disenfranchising some republicans in their majority counties, oh well. Dems and republicans are no different.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I said "Democrat" because they have done it, time after time in Chicago, they will probaly do it again, next month.

Chicago Cemetery 8:00 AM:
    "ok everybody up, it's time to vote, remember the guy you are voting for is Barack Hussein Obama, after you vote come right back here and get into your grave, don't let any of those f-cking republicans see you, make yourselves invisible"

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

There are numerous examples of ACORN doing this is there a comparable conservative organization doing this if so links please.

Otherwise this is just partisan slander to defend a group of leftist criminals involved in systematic fraud.

12. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

It will take a lot of gall for Republicans to cry foul after they stole the last 2 elections. At least the Democrats are awake and fighting back in 2008.

13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Let's not forget to congradulate INDIANAPOLIS.

Seems as if 105% of the registered voters for Marion County (Indianapolis) are already registered to vote. Wow, what a turnout :rolleyes:

Wonder if ACORN has an office there?

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

Can you please explain to me how the republicans stole the last two elections?

15. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I wont even go into the voter suppression in Florida in 2000......

not to mention people in Democratic counties in Ohio having to stand in line for 5 hours to vote in 2004.

its not a new subject and its been well gone over so im not going to debate here. My point is, im not too upset if Democrats fight back.

Gore should have been in there and we wouldnt have had 8 years of policies that have crippled the country.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

I didn't think you'd want to get into specifics. The point is that for every cry by a dem of cheating, there is a republican who can point to the same.

I'm kinda disappointed that someone who preaches about Jesus, and all that he represents, would openly support voter fraud, so long as it helps his joe. In the end, we all get what we deserve I guess.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Well, there's real worry that even if the polls show Obama leading by 6 or 7 points an the exit polls report he won, that the Republicans will still the race. Of course, if that happens, my guess is people like you, RW, will attribute it to the Bradley effect, and people like me will attribute it to fraud. Should that happen, my guess is there will be some serious rioting in this country and, quite possibly, the House would not even recognize the electoral college vote from suspect states. Regardless of the outcome, it's very important that everything be done to crack down on voter fraud, whether it's ACORN or Rove.

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

I'd attribute that to the Bradley Effect most likely, yes. Does that mean that in the scenario posed, that fraud couldn't be to blame? Of course not. It's a hypothetical, and I've always said that anything is possible. However, by the same token what makes you think that all of Obama's votes are going to be legitmate? If organizations like Acorn are paying people to register 72 times, or adding 4,000 names to the rolls in Nevada, I think we should all be concerned. This is why I laugh when one side thinks theirs is holier than thou, and that the other is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil. They all do it, which is why it should be punished to the extreme. Voting should be taken seriously, should be protected, and most importantly, should be done according to the law, i.e. legally. I honestly don't care who wins this election. If it mattered to me, I'd be voting for one, or against the other. I do care about fraud though.

19. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

You know RW, im really disappointed that you, of all people, would go there.

You have always stood out as someone who didnt go down that ugly road but this political season and it brings out the worst in people i guess.

Sorry im not perfect enough for you. Im sure you dont live up to His expectations either.

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

And what road is that Lifer?