Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Vitter 'morally unfit to govern?'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jul 16, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the poetic irony and hypocrisy in GOP fate lately is breathtaking... gotta love it...

Is Vitter ‘morally unfit to govern’?

At a press conference this afternoon, Sen. David Vitter broke his silence and spoke for the first time since he acknowledged being on the D.C. madam’s list. A remorseless Vitter attacked his “long time political enemies and those hoping to profit from the situation.” Vitter said he would not answer questions on the issue, claiming that “might sell newspapers but wouldn’t serve my family or my constituents well.” Watch it:

In Oct. 1998, Vitter attacked President Clinton, arguing the proper question was not whether people cared but rather whether Clinton was “morally unfit to govern.”

Some current polls may suggest that people are turned off by the whole Clinton mess and don’t care — because the stock market is good, the Clinton spin machine is even better or other reasons. But that doesn’t answer the question of whether President Clinton should be impeached and removed from office because he is morally unfit to govern. [Times-Picayune, 10/29/98]​
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

And The Lord Thy God Said Unto Moses And The People Of Washington DC
    "Yo, Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultry"

Clinton And Vitter Shall Boil In The Bubbling Oils Of Hell For Eternity, Their Screams Shall Go Unheard Save For The Sinners Surrounding Them, Their Faces Shall Be Covered In Feces Until The End Of Time And Beyond

Fornicate Not With A Women Other Than Thy Wife And Thou Wilst Have Thine Rotten Testicales Removed By The Jaws Of The Wolf.
    Harrystilicant: Chaper 12 Verse 18 The Book Of Copulation.

They Brought Up A Fiddler From Sutters Creek
    Pick Em Up Silas And Lay Em Down Zeke
    :bricks:
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

friggin' PRICELESS, every word of it. :rocker:
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13

Did Vitter commit perjury?
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

No Vitter is not fit to govern. If he had just been a plain old senator I wouldn't care. But Vitter co sponsered the marriage protection act,adn in 1998 attacked then president Clinton over the Lueinski scandal saying that he [Clinton wasn't morally fit to govern] if that were the case then why should anything change. If Clinton wasn't fit to govern than Vitter should step down. Or was he just playing the religious rt. for votes? When he postured about marriage being solom,and sacread?

Mrs Vitter has said in the past that shes not exactly the forgiveing type.When asked what would she do if she caught Mr. Vitter cheating on her she said, “I’m a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary. If he does something like that, I’m walking away with one thing, and it’s not alimony, trust me.”Sooo I wonder did the Sen. get his forgivenes over the phone,and how's he sleeping at night.I hope he got a recipt from the Lord and his wife about being forgivin. :eek:
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Can you cite that. That doesn't seem quite right. Not saying, she didn't say it, just saying, it doesn't sound like something a congressional wife would say.
  7. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Yes I can sight it ,if I can remember where I originaly saw it. It's a few years old I used it when he first confessed.I've got all night so I'll try to remember. It was on Count down,thats were I first herd it then the next day I researched it

?I?m a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary,? Wendy Vitter told Newhouse News.
    ?If he does something like that, I?m walking away with one thing, ...
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/4850.html
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Might be in the minority, but do not really care what he does with his dick, he has to answer to his wife, his constituency and his god.. to politicize it as was done with Bill is wrong.. would be a hypocrite if said anything different. Even though he is a classic two faced gopervert.
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Thanks. What a total moron. Very congressional wife-ish to advocate the lopping of you're spouse's genitalia for infidelity.

Is he fit to govern, because he likes to dip his stick into some strange sauce every now and again? No less so than that mudering drunk, Kennedy. I don't see how he penis would effect his ability to govern.

Would I vote for him, no......... probably not.

Remember, by definition........... All politician are freaking lyingg bags of dog-crap, so if you start from that premise, you'll never be surprised or disapointed in what they do.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If he ends up in jail, he should step down. Otherwise the voters should decide what to do with him.

btw, It wasn't infidelity that made Lorena Bobbit act, it was the repeated rapes and beatings. My guess is that she would have been thrilled if good ol' John had found his pleasures somewhere else.
  11. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I don't care if a politician cheats on his wife.It doesn't mean he can't govern effectivly there have been plenty of politicians who have, and it didn't affect their ability to do their job. My beef with Vitter is that he is a self rightious hypocrite of the worse kind. He made political hay attcking other politicians for the same thing he did. Can he govern yes,effectivley not now,who would believe him.All this I have sinned,but the Lord and my wife have forgivin me is so cynical. He'll probably blame it on alchohal and check into rehab. The sleezy bastard. And don't get me wrong I'd say the same thing no matter what party he belonged to,I just don't like the cynasim,and the hypocracy. All politicians have to start thinking with their big head,not their little one. ;)
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13

Because Vitter is a jerk who does that affect whether the piece of legislation is good or not?
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

This should be expected of these people, Successful American Politicians are the most dishonest, immoral, back stabbing, lying, untrustworthy sneaky bastards on the planet.

When you vote you should always hold your nose, or don't vote at all, Bush and his Illegal Aliens did it for me, I don't think I will ever vote again.

When my daughters were younger I told them "never marry a serial killer, a pimp or a politician"

Watch them grin as they stick it up your a$s.

Billy Blue Dress & Uncle Teddy must get a good laugh out of this Vitter thing.
    :bricks:
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Harry you should have your own radio show.We just need to come up with a name for it.

First try "THE RANT WITH HARRY " FROM NOON TO THREE. Brought to you by Piasano wines,m,m smooth. Well sell our wine before it s time, thats why it tasts SOOO Fresh
  15. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

No probably not,but thats not my beef with him.
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

I personally think the guy is a loser, but it is up to the people who vote for him. That doesn't mean that I'd ever support him, cuz I wouldn't. He's cleary a hypocrite, just like 80% of the people he serves with. What I find funny is how people want to use someone promotion of values & morals against them. How many of you in here have done drugs? How many have consumed alchohol while underage? How many of you have gotten behind the wheel of a car after having a few drinks? How many have fooled around with a woman who wasn't your gf or wife? How many have stolen something before? How many have lied? How many have had unprotected sex? Yet, how many of you will tell your child, or the children of others, to not do the same? Does this make you a hypocrite, and unfit to be a parent? Does this mean that you cannot tell a kid to do what's right? Does telling someone to be good require that you have never been bad? Again, I understand the specifics of what this guy preached, and what he practiced, which is why he is a loser and hypocrite. My only point is how silly some people get in criticizing the message being sent.