PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Tom feeling OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to point something out: if Peyton has that game, he's a choker (also, his D doesn't step up to help him like Brady's did).

Just sayin', for the Peyton haters. Congrats, otherwise...

Actually, this game points yet another reason why Brady is better than Manning: even while having a horrible game by his standards, Brady was able to lead his team to a win. Meanwhile, Manning is watching these games today instead of playing in them.

I think he looked slow and lethargic like he definetly was sick (flu) slow plodding coming to line and making audibles.

No deep balls though but he had something going on.

Nice win regardless!!

Actually, this game points yet another reason why Brady is better than Manning: even while having a horrible game by his standards, Brady was able to lead his team to a win. Meanwhile, Manning is watching these games today instead of playing in them.
No doubt. The #s Tom put up today would be considered a solid performance from Peyton in the playoffs. And were wondering if Brady is ok!:D

They won't ever admit it but he was off all game. He was either sick or something was going on. They had some protection issues early and receivers struggled to get open. But he didn't even spark up when they did score. He was forcing throws and making bad throws and bad decisions - totally out of character for him. Thank goodness we had old fumblitis and glass in reserve!

The good news is I think he will be fine in 2 weeks...

And the D stepped up HUGE, even with that soft zone we all dread. That will be huge come XLII.

My boy carried little Tommy today. Every pass he threw to Faulk was off 2 yards. Tom looked like a mess. Threw 3 horrible picks again and was lucky the receivers cleaned up for him. Maybe he is sick. Good thing LT was hurt or we would have lost badly.

On the bright side the receivers were blocking well on the screens. And Brady wasn't really touched against a pretty good pass rush.

2 TDs + 3 interceptions + incompleted passes= the worst playoff Tom's performance.

What's up with Moss.? He did not do anything today. I'm little worried about Moss and I hope we will see his action. He should have given his btch 500000 US dollars AND moved on instead of being in this current situation.

it's no good at all. Tom's performance today was like Peyton Manning last week. It's good that we win AFC championship.

What a relief.! I hope that Tom will play better in SB.

Last edited:
Brady & Moss are made of glass.:eek:

our D was EXCELLENCE. 4 field goals in 4 Qs. It's very good if you asked me.

Just to point something out: if Peyton has that game, he's a choker (also, his D doesn't step up to help him like Brady's did).

if the pats lose, then maybe yes people would say he choked. but they didnt.

manning had played worse last postseason against kc and baltimore(1:5 td ratio), and nobody said those were chokes thanks to indy's defense. same situation here.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing from the first quarter on. Of course, he played "well enough to win." But he did not look sharp at all. Head down all the time...didn't see the usual fire from him. Don't get me wrong though...like Bill says: No QB I'd rather have.

Brady didn't play "well enough to win", he essentially choked all day long and would have cost the Pats the game but for the defense and Faulk who saved his butt. Manning smoked this secondary, yet Brady throws three picks and can't throw a ball more than 10 yards. Manning is definitely the best QB in the league, with Brady a distant second.

You're very right although very few on this board will acknowledge it. Brady has "choked" as much or more than Manning in the playoffs yet because he gets bailed out by his defense, he's incorrectly considered a "big game QB". I don't trust either QB very much in big games against good defenses but at least Manning has shown he can convert first downs and long passes against good defenses, unlike Brady.

Image0120-1600TV4.jpg

Manning is definitely the best QB in the league, with Brady a distant second..
Manning is the biggest choke artist in the NFL, as evident by last weekend's performance.

Last edited:
How well did Manning do in 2004 when he had to play in inclement weather?
Exactly.
Last week's game was in the dome.
Case in point, the Jets kept the game in Foxboro close with help from the weather.

Bottom line is Brady wins, while Manning sits at home wishing he could have 'bad games' like Tom.
2 of the 3 picks were bad, but those things happen. This was the most effective team in the NFL since the SB champ Ravens at forcing turnovers.

Manning had 2 chances to beat SD last week and couldn't get it done.

i dont care if brady threw 5 picks against this defense. if we're down by 4 with 2 minutes left and we got 1st and goal inside the 10, theres no chance we're not regaining the lead with brady as our qb.

move along manning fanboys

Last edited:
Let's all keep in mind one of those "horrible" picks came on a deflection off of Stallworth's hands.

He was off all day but its not like he was chucking ducks all over the field.

Brady didn't play "well enough to win", he essentially choked all day long and would have cost the Pats the game but for the defense and Faulk who saved his butt. Manning smoked this secondary, yet Brady throws three picks and can't throw a ball more than 10 yards. Manning is definitely the best QB in the league, with Brady a distant second.

You're very right although very few on this board will acknowledge it. Brady has "choked" as much or more than Manning in the playoffs yet because he gets bailed out by his defense, he's incorrectly considered a "big game QB". I don't trust either QB very much in big games against good defenses but at least Manning has shown he can convert first downs and long passes against good defenses, unlike Brady.

Rock a bye baby
xoxox

:D

Cause nobody throws clutch picks better than Manning.:rolleyes:
2002-0 points
2003-4 "clutch" INTs
2004-3 points and a "clutch" pick at the end
2005-Refs turn over another "clutch" INT, give Manning a chance to send the game into overtime over and over, and he STILL comes up in a small way.
2006-Manning pulls a "Brady" appearently according to PF1996 with 3 TDs and 7 "clutch" INTs. But the Defense carries him to a Super Bowl.

I shouldn't have to compare these "clutch" performances by the games "best" :rofl: QB. But lets just say that Brady's never been so consistantly horrid as PF1996 would have you believe.

He's just p!ssed that his binky's at home for the final game...AGAIN!:rocker:

uh....drug test please...ASAP...somebody has been taking their moron pills again

Manning is the biggest choke in the NFL, as evident by last weekend's performance.

How so? Manning had a better game last week than Brady did today.

As much as I like Brady, the Chargers seem to have his number. He threw three picks against them last year too including the one that saved the game when Brown stripped McCree. The O line and receivers make him look better than he is. It's a good thing Belicheck decided to run the ball in the second half to cover up whatever is wrong with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back