PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Toledo looking to become a 3-4 farm club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be nice. These days the MAC seems more relevant than the Big East anyway.

Hampton also plays a 3-4. I watched them this weekend in Birmingham Alabama against Grambling State.

#97, I didn't catch his name, is the NT in thier 3-4 and he played the 2 gap system very well. He needs more junk in his trunk, but other than that, he looked good controlling the LOS and manning the A gaps. He had a little pass rush action to him as well. I thought he used his hands well both as a pass rusher and a run defender.

While the level of competition is a concern, he might warrant a look as an UDFA come April. (Especially if Sullivan washes out.)

Watching KU at Toledo:

Toledo is in a 3-4, with some 3-3 nickel and 4 man fronts on passing downs. The NT seems to penetrate a lot, but has some nice athleticism. Actually the front three penetrate too much to my liking, but that also might be a response to how KU is attacking them and the fact they do not have the LBs for a 3-4.

Ochmed, if you get a chance to watch Toledo, the LT and the TE look pretty decent in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back