PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is tight end still a need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now we have Crumpler, Gronkowski, Agnone and Myers. Given that the last 2 are practice squaddies, I would like one more. This one can be more of a receiving TE given that both Crumpler and Gronkowski can block.

I'd definitely take a move TE. Pitta, Quarless, McCoy.

I think we would be nuts to pass on Pitta. He might be the 1 guy left that could actually challenge Crumpler for the roster spot...and could save Krafty alot of cheese! The 3rd TE is usually 1 dimensional replacable PS type guy and remember with Vollmer we were playing a 6 man OL instead of 2 TE sets more last year than ever. I'm all for a ST demon/H-back/3rd TE type...but in that order. That guy from Pitt looks good, just dont know where to play him..

Watson ran routes or blocked in the run game. He didn't stay in to block for Tom much. It's a myth that we don't use TE in the passing game. We just used Watson as a decoy mostly. He has the speed to threaten but he doesn't create separation or catch well. He was stilled used in the passing game. IIRC, two of the picks Tom threw against the Ravens were to Watson. Rob is really good athlete like Watson but with better hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes