PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this year a "Superbowl" or bust year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jets already won..we have no chance

I honestly didn't feel that way before 2010.

2010, that's probably the only exception for me, too. Even though with TFB we'll always have a competitive team, there was ALOT of retooling and turnover going into that year. It's the only year I went into the season thinking "Let's just make the playoffs and hopefully win a game, get the younger guys some playoff experience." Just about every other year since '03 I felt was super bowl or bust heading into the season. I might throw 2011 into that too although heading into the season I DID have super bowl expectations, but about midway through the season my mind changed and that season became another exception, given how bad that defense was. One of the few reasons SB46 doesn't haunt me, I'm just happy the team made it that far.

Last edited:
Every year is different. Your preconceived notions do not have the power to affect the future. Sorry.

We are still led by the greatest coach and QB, who got that way by emphasizing it's one game at a time.

Last edited:
I can't see anyway the season being considered a success unless it ends in a superbowl title.
Exactly. We have become spoiled and anything short of a super bowl win is not acceptable. It is a difficult situation to be in because if it goes bad, as it did last year, the pain of defeat never goes away until victory comes back.

Lombardi%2Btrophy.jpg

---------------------- or ------------------------------

627499431_3e561a9c73_z.jpg

---------------------- ? ----------------------

With the exception of 2008 (Brady lost to injury), every year from 2006 to the present has been Super Bowl or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back