PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this true about Moss's Jersey number? (no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is this true about Moss's Jersey number?

http://cgi.ebay.com/07-REEBOK-NEW-E...goryZ206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seen this item for sale,Seller states Moss's number has been decided at #6?

I have not seen any final word on it.

I was interested in some of the jerseys he has in different sizes,but have not seen any acknowledgement from the team yet,Is this BS?.

Moss just been wearing #6 cause hes still undecided or still trying to negotiate for another players jersey number. Plus a WR cant wear a single digit number its not allowed in the NFL.

I didn't think so, that seller is in for a rude awakening.

I didn't think so,That seller is in for a rude awakening

Or.. rather.. the buyer =p

I didn't think so,That seller is in for a rude awakening

I see negative feedback coming but it is worth the $12 it's bid at now....

moss just been wearing #6 cause hes still undecided or still trying to negotiate for another players jersey number. Plus a WR cant wear a single digit number its not allowed in the NFL.

:agree: Receivers must wear 10-19 or 80-89.

Sounds like someone is trying to clear out their old stock of Rohan Davey jerseys by putting Moss' name on them.

They can still wear the jersey everyday during the month of august.

Sounds like someone is trying to clear out their old stock of Rohan Davey jerseys by putting Moss' name on them.

I think we may have BINGO!
LOL

I'd like to see some changes where RBs and WRs can wear single digit numbers, but that is me. For example, seeing Reggie Bush wearing #25 did not look right since he wore #5 in college. I hope the NFL gets it fixed.

I'd like to see some changes where RBs and WRs can wear single digit numbers, but that is me. For example, seeing Reggie Bush wearing #25 did not look right since he wore #5 in college. I hope the NFL gets it fixed.

The system they have is fine. No need to mess with it.

Actually Moss is listed as #18 on the Pats roster website...
http://www.nfl.com/teams/rosters/NE........

"No, Mr. Vrabel we're not giving you a number in the teens no matter how matter TD passes you catch...........you're stuck with #50."

Actually Moss is listed as #18 on the Pats roster website...
http://www.nfl.com/teams/rosters/NE........

The have 2 #18 on nfl.com: Stallworth and Moss. On the players index at patriots.com Moss doesn´t have a number yet. Moss is probably waiting for Johnathan Smith #81 to get cut.

I´m guessing the pro shop will lose some money if Moss still doesn´t have a number once TC starts.

Personally I think they should go back to the old ways when just 80's were allowed for WR's. The teen's are too high schoolish.

Personally I think they should go back to the old ways when just 80's were allowed for WR's. The teen's are too high schoolish.

The problem with that is some teams have 5-7 WRs during the season, and once that is coupled with 3-4 TEs, things get tricky.

The problem with that is some teams have 5-7 WRs during the season, and once that is coupled with 3-4 TEs, things get tricky.

And with retired numbers there are even less.

Technically the rule is if all numbers in the 80's are taken then a WR can have a number in the teens but no one listens to that.

A number 6 Moss jersey would be a good novelty item at best.

Last edited:
Moss my guess will wear 19, 81, or there is a possiblity that he and Watson are negotiating for Moss to wear 84, while Watson will wear 81 or 82 when its available..

Should someone report that auction? He's representing it as the actual number Moss will be wearing during the regular season when we all know Moss can't wear that jersey number. I just don't want someone buying that jersey thinking Moss is going to wear that number this regular season and heve them get a rude awakening.

I love how the seller says Moss "wore" the number in training camp.

That's past tense.

And I don't think training camp has already happened yet, unless my calendar should actually be reading September 8.

This seller needs to be reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye