PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this the worst tasting win in your memory??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's safe to say that the Jets lost this game by their own mistakes,the Pats lucked out,the Jets beat themselves.

A Hill catch instead of that drop at the 15 pretty much seals that game,and if Sanchez doesn't fumble,who knows?

Also Rex was an idiot for not going for the TD before the first half ended,the Jets were carving up the Pats on that drive.

If my uncle was a woman he'd be my aunt. Duh. 'What if' games are for losers or Jets fans. Which one are you? Chill out.

Not a perfect game but definitely a winning game that had its moments where the Pats clearly stepped up and made the plays needed to win the game. In other words this is the 'clutch play' that fans were desiring from this team after last week. Yet people STILL find a way to complain after a hard earned victory!

It's safe to say that the Jets lost this game by their own mistakes,the Pats lucked out,the Jets beat themselves.

A Hill catch instead of that drop at the 15 pretty much seals that game,and if Sanchez doesn't fumble,who knows?

Also Rex was an idiot for not going for the TD before the first half ended,the Jets were carving up the Pats on that drive.

Unfortunately, this sums up my feelings on the game, too. That it was more that the Jets lost through their own ineptitude than that the Patriots won. I feel we got lucky, but didn't show any progress as a team from the losses we've suffered this season. If we HAD shown progress, then I'd be ecstatic over the close win, but because we didn't, the win just feels hollow.

Good grief! The Jets "definitely outplayed us"? What game were people watching? Both teams have had better games but the Patriots were not clearly outplayed - that's nutty to even think. For instance - how many times was Brady strip sacked with the game on the line? Ah, yeah, now you've got the picture.

"People" are taking into account things such as yardage, time of possession, the fact that the Jets outscored them 13-3 in the last quarter, and that Sanchez and Kerley (yes I said those names) looked like all-pros in the process.

The NYJ defense also played to a much higher level that anyone could have possibly imagined. In comparison, the NE offense (and defense) played to a much lower level that many could have imagined.

That is the reasoning for the thought that "they outplayed us."

You can agree/disagree/or take a stance that doesn't care either way. I am simply explaining the thought process. It has merit and can be argued either way. There is no "nutty" idea here. I am as big of a homer as most else, but I am stating facts whether you agree or not.

As far as bringing up Patriot injuries, I think you have to take into acct that the Jets are missing their shutdown CB, their massive run stopping NT, and their #1 WR, not to mention their lack of depth at major positions such as RB.

I don't think you can honestly compare that to Pat Chung and Steve Gregory, but the loss of Mankins likely made things much worse. I certainly would say that we had the better luck in the injured players dept though.

Last edited:
Are people really complaining about a win?

The time for scrutinizing wins is over folks. Sorry to say. This team isn't as good as everyone thought.

That being said, a win is a freaking win.

I don't give a rat's ***** how they get it done anymore.

If my uncle was a woman he'd be my aunt. Duh. 'What if' games are for losers or Jets fans. Which one are you? Chill out.

Not a perfect game but definitely a winning game that had its moments where the Pats clearly stepped up and made the plays needed to win the game. In other words this is the 'clutch play' that fans were desiring from this team after last week. Yet people STILL find a way to complain after a hard earned victory!

I think that you make great points about the positives, but I can certainly see the thought from those who felt that we were quite lucky to escape with a win too.

Either way, I'll happily take the victory, and many of us are not nitpicking at all, simply debating the game.

Re: Are people really complaining about a win?

I don't think no one in their right mind is complaining. More so critiquing.

Re: Are people really complaining about a win?

The time for scrutinizing wins is over folks. Sorry to say. This team isn't as good as everyone thought.

That being said, a win is a freaking win.

I don't give a rat's ***** how they get it done anymore.

Fans are waiting for a dominating win over a QUALITY opponent,it's been awhile.

The Jets should have been destroyed today in some people's minds,thus despite the win questions remain about how good this team really is.

I myself saw a 4 point win as posted in the prediction thread...close guess and I thought the Jets were going to be better than advertised,they certainly were.

I thought we lost towards the end so to have them come back and win in OT was a sweet gift to me. If there was ever a game in which Rex was going to throw the proverbial kitchen sink at us this was it and he lost.:)

Either way F the jets, love beating those turds.

Most of us aren't complaining,most of us are still filled with questions of who his team is right now.....we have no idea what we will see a month from now,so it's to be expected.

We are impatient to wait for answers considering all the success the team has had for years now,it's a wait and see approach,I guess you could say ;)

Is this the worst tasting win in your memory??

December 28, 2008
Patriots 13, Bills 0

A short time later the Jets lose to the Dolphins - eliminating the Patriots from the playoffs in the process.

September 7, 2008
Patriots 17, Chiefs 10

Does the name Bernard Pollard ring a bell?

September 9, 2007
Patriots 38, Jets 14

Does the term ***gate ring a bell?

I am sure there are other games, but those are the most recent ones that come to mind.

No, this is hardly the "worst tasting win" in my memory ... not even close.

This tastes bad to you? You don't like the taste of champagne? Slurp on these positives:

The Pats fought back to earn a huge divisional win against an arrogant and hated rival. Even without the two starting G, the running game came back, and it even featured several Vereen sightings. The O got a game-tying drive AND a game-winning drive, after looking a little suspect of late, and that's good for the soul. Josh got booed at home, actually booed, and in response, he relaxed the overly tight sphincter he's been showing lately and called a bunch of plays that worked. The Ghost got the monkey off his back with two positive reps in crunch time. Perhaps inspired by Spikes' obliteration of Greene (I'm not a huge fan of that, but after all this is football), the D stood tall at the end and crushed the Jets with a forced fumble.

And to top it all off, Lord Vader got several teachable moments for the stormtroopers.

We went from, "Not again," to, "Nash! My usual, chop-chop!" Mine's a cucumber g and t, and it's tasty!

I imagine this is what Jets fans feel like whenever they squeak out a win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back