PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this the worst tasting win in your memory??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It is in mine.

I have lived through a lot in the past 40 years of rooting for the Pats; but this was just horrible. The end of the game I was just sitting there going - this is NOT a Patriots team I recognize.

The #1 offense MY AZZ!!!!! - 17 freakin pts in regulation and 3 of those in the last 90 secs against a PREVENT[-YOURSELF-FROM-WINNING] defense 3 man rush.

Hernandez couldn't hold a block on running plays to save his butt and couldnt catch anything that wasnt laid like a lollipop to him.

Mr acrobatic (Lloyd) dropped more balls that brady put ON TARGET to him than I can count; ok maybe was only 3 or 4; but that is only cause they had to pull him and put Branch in cause TB couldn't trust him anymore.

The D hardly laid a glove on Sanchize the entire game until the 4Q. and then he started hitting trifectas on us. They showed the graphic at one point in the 4th season avg 167 or so pass yd per game - today 270+ and that was before the end of the 4Q and OT.

Even the Run D was getting gashed for at least 2-4 yds on every play for a while.

But that is nothing compared to the pass D. Great switch moving McC to safety - now the S is no longer the SEIVE but instead we have arrington playing CB. God help us. How many did he give up today. To think I used to like him. And the # of PIs. Hell in the OT they have shown that they have gotten such a bad rap that all the O wr has to do is run right at the DB. The ref will give you a 5 yd 1st down because 'those Pats are always holding'. At one point in Zone coverage they showed the overhead and they said it "EVERYBODY IS OPEN". God help us. Either they cover and give up a PI or they let them run wild and get 20+ yards.

Thank god that Ghost at least didn't freak up a makeable kick like vs Az.

This game very easily could have gone the other way; AND IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSE.

Maybe I am just lit up here at 2 am cause of deciding to get drunk mid-way thorugh the 4Q. But this team is really starting to PEE ME OFF.

MR KRAFT - ONE DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER WITH THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD.

Sorry but I just dont get it. This team has more talent and better coaching than this. Apologies to all for the rant - I am grateful for the win; but up til now I really thought we were a top tier team. After that debacle (AT HOME NO LESS); I just dont see this team making it come January. There is a long season left; and maybe they can MORPH between now and then; but right now this is PUTRID and again I DONT KNOW WHY they have all the pieces (I thought).

I bailed and took a shower after McCourty fumbled...and i never bail on this team.

actually it was quite sweet.

We've been losing these games lately.

Not today.

Thankfully.

Last edited:
It is in mine.

I have lived through a lot in the past 40 years of rooting for the Pats; but this was just horrible. The end of the game I was just sitting there going - this is NOT a Patriots team I recognize.

The #1 offense MY AZZ!!!!! - 17 freakin pts in regulation and 3 of those in the last 90 secs against a PREVENT[-YOURSELF-FROM-WINNING] defense 3 man rush.

Hernandez couldn't hold a block on running plays to save his butt and couldnt catch anything that wasnt laid like a lollipop to him.

Mr acrobatic (Lloyd) dropped more balls that brady put ON TARGET to him than I can count; ok maybe was only 3 or 4; but that is only cause they had to pull him and put Branch in cause TB couldn't trust him anymore.

The D hardly laid a glove on Sanchize the entire game until the 4Q. and then he started hitting trifectas on us. They showed the graphic at one point in the 4th season avg 167 or so pass yd per game - today 270+ and that was before the end of the 4Q and OT.

Even the Run D was getting gashed for at least 2-4 yds on every play for a while.

But that is nothing compared to the pass D. Great switch moving McC to safety - now the S is no longer the SEIVE but instead we have arrington playing CB. God help us. How many did he give up today. To think I used to like him. And the # of PIs. Hell in the OT they have shown that they have gotten such a bad rap that all the O wr has to do is run right at the DB. The ref will give you a 5 yd 1st down because 'those Pats are always holding'. At one point in Zone coverage they showed the overhead and they said it "EVERYBODY IS OPEN". God help us. Either they cover and give up a PI or they let them run wild and get 20+ yards.

This game very easily could have gone the other way; AND IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSE.

Maybe I am just lit up here at 2 am cause of deciding to get drunk mid-way thorugh the 4Q. But this team is really starting to PEE ME OFF.

Sorry but I just dont get it. This team has more talent and better coaching than this. Apologies to all for the rant - I am grateful for the win; but up til now I really thought we were a top tier team. After that debacle (AT HOME NO LESS); I just dont see this team making it come January. There is a long season left; and maybe they can MORPH between now and then; but right now this is PUTRID and again I DONT KNOW WHY they have all the pieces (I thought).

Holy ***** - what a pile a unfettered horse***** this thread is.

You are appealing to Mr kraft about the 'product'?

You need a reality check - we are the most successful franchise of the last decade, you miserable individual.

Go and sleep it off.

A win is a win, did the SB winning teams never play in such close games?

I really wish the 16-0 season never would have happened, ppl here expect this team to bull doze over their opponents every time,

We arent playing against high schoolers they too are NFL teams

So if u arent satisfied with this win does that mean u were partying all night in joy after the Ravens loss? I mean after all we were the better team that night

Would you rather they lost?

The Pats have completely spoiled their fanbase.

For the vast majority of fanbases, there is no such thing. A win is a win, and a win is good.

The only time a win tastes "bad" is if it comes with the loss of a key player via injury.

We beat the Jets, like come on. Its always better when their fans feel they have it won and they lose.:)

All we heard last week is that they can't win the close game. Yeah, it wasn't the best perfomance on the field for most of the game, but when it was the 4th quarter and we needed a drive and 3 points, we got it. When we needed to drive down the field in overtime, we did it. When we needed a HUGE defensive play, we got it.

Certainly worst feeling win I can remember. I guess as one poster said at least they won as they usually they lose these types of close games. But when the best you can say is at least this time they didnt blow a double digit lead in the fourth and instead they just blew it to go to OT that's not confidence instilling.

For me what is frustrating is the groundhog day nature of all these games. I'm sure like all of you I knew the same exact script at the 9 min mark with the Pats up 10.

At least this time they threw in the kickoff fumble to mix things up.

oh god .. dont say that since you would be a negative nancy if you say that... you allow a qb like mark sanchez throw for 328 yards.. its time to sound the alarm...

It is in mine.

Yup. You deserve better. Mr. Kraft, BB, TB, and every single coach and player on the team should be lining up to personally apologize to you.

What a friggin' prima donna.

Really didn't like that 2008 home opener against the Chiefs too much.

How is this a question again?

Nope, having the O and D come up big in overtime against the Jets feels pretty good.

Yah, its too bad were not perfect and killing teams by week 7. As pats fans we should be fully aware that the way a team plays at the beginning of the season doesn't mean much for what will happen during the rest of the season.

Our young D got reps and eventually came up big and it looks like our O is experimenting instead of finding their niche and becoming predictable.

Every Patriot win is a blessing and a great way to start off the week. The J _ _ S were a very good team today and would have competed against anybody out there. The Patriots have warts this year and have struggled in a lot of areas of the game. I don't have a clue where the team is headed to at this point but I suspect they will be all right by the time the holidays roll around.

So if u arent satisfied with this win does that mean u were partying all night in joy after the Ravens loss? I mean after all we were the better team that night

I blamed that one on the ****ty refs; not the Pats per se.

Yeah, a win is a win and between snow plows and snow storms and rain storms we have come out with a few.

Maybe its just me - I really thought going into this year they had a chance to\ run the table. Almost giving one away to the jesters is just a bridge too far and when you start with a lofty expectation and get cut down it hits you harder (then say like if we had lost in the playoffs in 2001 when they just were the average joes who simply out-hustled the other guys every time). That and going to my first live game next week; I was really hoping to see them on a roll; not up-down up-down.

On the plus side; at least I can type drunk without a spell checker.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, one of the more ENJOYABLE wins in recent memory.

And while I'm not coach material, I dare say a win like tonight does more to bring a team together than winning by 28.

A W is a W. ill take it!

I felt that the Patriots intentionally kept the game close to prove they can still win close ball games in the 4th. The Pats O was playing waaaaay to conservatively throughout the last two quarters, but then again it could have just been McDaniels ridiculous play calling that made things appear that way to me.

If it wasn't for that bad P.I call on whoever was covering Hernandez in OT( I still didn't see the interference), who knows how things would've turned out and don't get me started on that secondary.

Overall, good game. It's nice to know that Brady still is and always will be, truly the best qb in the NFL period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes