Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is This The Begining

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

Hang onto your heads, this could be the end of Sarah Palin, Pelosi, Pant Suit Hillary, Hollywood, Bo Bop Diddle and finally The Fox News Girls, this religion would never tolerate all that sh!t.

Is this the start of the takeover?

They are going to start teaching Arabic in this school and look where the school is, TEXAS, lol.

Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming To Mansfield CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +339 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Of Sharia Law.......? :confused2:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

More wasted taxpayer money ... let's just print some more.

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Maybe it's the start of "Keeping up," Harry.

English is already mandatory in several Islamic countries. Iran, Qatar, Egypt and Malaysia to start with.

The medium of instruction is Malay for SK, Mandarin and simplified Chinese characters writing for SJK(C), and Tamil for SJK(T). Malay and English are compulsory subjects in all schools.

Education in Malaysia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The official language of instruction in Iran is Farsi/Persian. In most private schools (queir-entefaai) English and/or French are taught. The English language is taught as the second language in all public schools (entefaai), starting with 7th grade and is compulsory through the secondary-level years.

EducationUSA Iran | Education System of Islamic Republic of Iran

[PDF] Qatar Reshapes Its Schools, Putting English Over IslamFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
    by SB Glasser - Cited by 14 - Related articles
    Qatar Reshapes Its Schools, Putting English Over Islam. Conservatives See Reform as Extension of U.S. Influence in Gulf. By Susan B. Glasser ...

www.english.sec.gov.qa/files/886_WPOST.pdf

Arabic Schools, provide the governmental national curriculum in the Arabic Language. A governmental English language curriculum is taught starting at first Primary year and French is added as a second foreign language in Secondary Education.

Education in Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You really want that they should understand us but we cannot understand them?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +339 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Oh Oh, moms here to straighten you guys out. :D

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Well ... with all the Latin Americans here perhaps they should all learn Spanish ... then Arabic ... and let's not forget French as they are our greatest ally ... and don't forget Chinese - if we owe them any more money we may become the united states of China.

All kidding aside - if we have money to spend on that then let's use it to better educate our kids to be prepared for college first. We have kids going to high school that can barely read and write and we're going to teach them Arabic - what a joke.

9. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +356 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

Social Agenda's come first (feel good slopping) also right now for some reason known only to the crazy batty
    f-cking liberal left wing brain America is going through a period of "Islamic Worshiping And Muslim Ass Kissing" it won't be long before Katie Couric & Joy Bedar are wearing Burka's, Michelle will be running around the White House with her scarf on and Windbag Biden will be throwing rocks at his wife.

:bricks:

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

After they learn how talk Arab who the hell are they going to talk to, I havent seen an Arab since 1932, I havent seen a Muslim since Mohammad Ali was on the Johnny Carson Show.

Spanish Are Everywhere isn't this bigotry towards the Spanish Speaking People in America.

Do Muslims Own Dogs.........:confused:

12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Spanish is already mandatory in several school districts in border states - including Texas.

English is mandatory in most schools in France and in all schools in China. They seem to understand what we do not. Mainly that communication is s first line of both a good defense and a good offense.

SparkLife » What It?s Like to Live In?Paris, France

Is English invading Chinese culture?

I'm not sure that any specific second languages should be mandatory in any school - but I do think a wide variety should be available - and that it be mandatory that each student study at least one of them long enough to become proficient in it.

It's not about "getting along," although it would surely help - it's about staying on equal footing. Any time you are dealing with people in a language you do not understand you are at an automatic disadvantage. In today's world, with enterprise going global, virtually all jobs will eventually entail a language other than English. The more speakers we have in various languages, the better we, as individuals and as a country, will be equipped to stay competititve.

If my son had even a rudimentary understanding of Arabic I'm confident he'd have a job today. There is a huge need for such services in The United States in various fields. Perhaps Texas is simply trying to prepare it's children for the future - and they understand that the future is much better prepared for if you have a skill that is in demand.

13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

You make valid points - I'm just saying we are 18th among 36 nations in secondary education. Let's fix what's not working before we spend that money in other areas. Our education system is a shambles right now which leads to more outlays in welfare and social services later in life.

U.S. slipping in education rankings - UPI.com

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

Do American Muslims apply for those jobs, that sounds like a pretty good deal for them.

15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

These grants were awarded in 2009.. find the language interesting, specifically as it is mandatory..

What comes to mind was after 9/11 that there were not a lot of folks who spoke farsi, do not believe it should be mandatory, but might turn on some folks to learn this language..

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

First we have to figure out what's not working.....

I do know that when I went to school it was mandatory to take at least 2 years of a foreign language in high school - apparently that's no longer true in most states.

Point is, my generation scored higher than the following generations in standardized tests - perhaps the second language requirement was a good one?

CA
    One year of foreign language or visual and performing arts

IL
    1 year chosen from any of the following:
    art;
    music;
    foreign language, which shall include American Sign Language; pr
    vocational education.

MA
    The MassCore program includes four years of English; four years of mathematics; three years of lab-based science; three years of history; two years of the same foreign language; one year of an arts program; and five additional "core" courses such as business education, health, and technology.

VA
    No foreign language requirement

Most of the states I checked (and I did not check them all) seem to lump foreign languages in with other electives - and the other electives tend to be no-brainers.

State Graduation Requirements - NCEO

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I'm sure they do...would you not like non-Muslim Americans to have the same opportunity?

And if so, why not?

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

Fine with me, the Muslims should open up some "Muslim Language Schools" for those interested, the American people shouldn't be forced to pay for "Loon Social Feel Good Experiments"

Also:
    They must be going nuts down there in Texas I thought the whole state was a hotbed of Red Neck Neo Cons now look at this one, they gave "Vick The Doggy Man" the keys to Dallas--------------:confused:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...oversy-confronta707tion-at-Dal?urn=nfl-318196

19. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +351 / 7 / -4

The only social agendas in Texas schools are to try to teach religion as science (ironic for this thread and your hatred of Muslims and libruls, no?) and to try to expunge anything the school board conservatives deem as somehow unflattering to the US or contradictory to their own personal worldview.

I guess you can't comprehend that this is, Texas, though -- since it contradicts your own (fantasy) worldview of "the crazy batty
    f-cking liberal left wing brain America is going through a period of "Islamic Worshiping And Muslim Ass Kissing""

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

So you want to outsource still more American jobs, is that it?

You think it's better that we are forced to send our children to foreigners to learn things than let American teachers teach them in our own schools?

Like I said before, I am not fond of any one specific language being mandatory in the US school system - but I do think that several years of "a" foreign language should be mandatory - with a large selection to choose from. Arabic being one of them.