Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is This Terrorism By The Obama Administration?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 22, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

The media was more flustered with water boarding.
    Will they cover this or keep it buried due to elections.
    By U.N. definitions this is terrorism ... is it by your definition?

US drone strikes target rescuers in Pakistan
    CIA ‘revives attacks on rescuers’ in Pakistan: TBIJ
    Two US drone strikes kill 6 militants in North Waziristan: Officials – The Express Tribune
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

Re: Is This Terrorism By The Obama Administration

Drones are currently defined by the US, wait until China, North Korea, Cuba and Russia all develop the technology.. then there will be all sorts of charges and countercharged....

Is this terrorism??? By its definition, yes, but no one cares as we have completely become desensitized to violence towards enemies and innocents..

We asquiesced to any type of humanitarian standards when we killed over 150K women and children in the crusade in Iraq, and no one cared.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

When the media tries to pass our country off as the great humanitarians - great liberators it's such a joke. Granted the people initially targeted are proverbial animals - but the tactics don't justify any of it. We ramped up creating terrorists in the Reagan years and we have not stopped - how sad.

I thought Obama was different - I really and honestly did. Now my attitude is this stuff is not controlled by the President at all. Our President is a face that changes every 4-8 years.
  4. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Isnt that what war is....you project violence on your enemy (removing the idea for a second the questionable-ness of the term enemy being used in reference to Iraq)?

You throw that number around a lot but you don't clarify it. Am I to believe the the US has killed 150K women and children....or is the reality that 150K innocents have died in the war?

Because those are not the same thing, yet you state "when we killed". When were Iraqi insurgents considered "we".

I get that you are anti-war, and that is completely ok. We should have never gone to Iraq (we again agree). But to say the US killed 150K innocents in Iraq is like saying the allies killed 30M civilians in WW2...because well that is how many innocents died.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

Iraq Killings, the Anti Bush War Protesters Cared, I slowly came to agree with them, WHERE ARE THEY NOW TO PROTEST AGAINST THESE UNGODLY INHUMAN "OBAMA DRONES"

OBAMA HAS TO GO HE IS JUST AS BAD AS BUSH, MAYBE WORSE.
  6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Icy, you are missing the point. This is the morally superior option to detaining them at Guantanamo. Raining death from the sky doesn't help al-Qaeda recruit, apparently.

Think of it as religious outreach. Obama is more sensitive to Muslims (so I'm told) so he is just helping them to achieve their highest religious aspirations by making them martyrs.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

Are you denying that as a country we are completely desensitized to war and the killing of innocents?? Whether it be 10K or 150K no one cares, no one makes an effort to take the moral high ground.. the use of drones perpetuates this, but no politician willl touch this with a ten foot pole.

This is all done under the guise of some kind of master plan to make the world safe from Al Quaeda.. and it does not make any difference who gets in our way to accomplish this goal.

It amazes me that all of the holy rollers, whether they be the teletubbies on TV or in the pulpit, no one addresses this continual killling of innocents.. that was one thing about anti war movement in the 60's that really bucked the system, but now everyone wants to get along..

It is the current dichomoty facing our country, a fetus is sacred, but if you are a different color or a different culture.. life is cheap and we can justify taking it.
  8. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I am not so sure that the Vietnam protesters had any lasting concern for the people of Vietnam. The numbers tailed off after Nixon ended the draft and there was barely a peep while millions were starved and killed by the communist regime there and in Cambodia.
  9. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

No I am not denying that all at Darryl. We have a very violent culture which seeps into our music, tv, news, video games etc etc etc. That is plain to see for anyone who takes their blinders off.

I am denying that "we" killed 150K innocents. I am a facts type of person, and from what I can find on the web, the 150K number is the number of innocents killed, including those by "terrorist attacks" done by insurgents. "We" don't plant IEDs/car bombs targeting civilians.

You stated in your original post "We asquiesced to any type of humanitarian standards when we killed over 150K women and children in the crusade in Iraq, and no one cared.". All I am arguing is "we" didn't kill 150K civilians if that 150K number includes those killed by insurgants which I would guess would be the majority of those 150K since insurgents were targeting civilians to spark a civil war for the better part of a year (2006-2007 following the al-Askari Mosque bombing).

Why are your bringing up holy rollers or fetus' or race? This about you stating "we" killed 150K innocents and me disagreeing with that statement.

I asked you for a simple clarification, no need to punt to the, in your words, "outrage du jour".

EDIT - Darryl - I went over to www.iraqbodycount.org (a site which tracks civilian deaths in Iraq).

From the main page, if you are so inclined, click on the "Iraqi deaths from violence 2003-2011" link at the top left.

On the next page you can create your own graph; even selecting which perpetrator you are interested in.

For grins, I selected U.S led coalition excluding Iraqi state forces as my perpetrator.

While I can't paste the graph, I did download the raw data:

Period Starting Deaths
    Jan-03 7565
    Jan-04 2921
    Jan-05 1283
    Jan-06 1220
    Jan-07 2125
    Jan-08 1078
    Jan-09 171
    Jan-10 113
    Jan-11 157
    Total 16,633

My point - The deaths of civilians is terrible and obviously should be minimized as much as humanly possible if war is the only option in a given situation.

But to state we killed 150K civilians is flat out wrong.
  10. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

What war. There is no war. You never see it on TV. Oh you mean like the soldiers who were shot in the back of the head training Afghan police?
    Funny I don't see flag drapped coffins coming home on NBC or the cover of the NY Times anymore that only happned during the Bush years.I'm glad thats over with and Obama ended it and the seas have subsided and Gitmo is now a soccer camp for the poor.

Tapper: Media Failing Country | The Weekly Standard
  11. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +282 / 4 / -9

LOL.......Darryl keeps referring to the past under Bush as a justification for Obama's misbehavior now......

new show.....same as the old show....time to hit the eject button
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

That is one source, here is a compendium of them from Wikipedia.. only using wiki to reference the sources that claim that these numbers are much higher..
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

You did not read my posts did you????
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

I think they did, imo as an observer there were two major points that galvanized the movement.. Kent State and the picture of the naked vietnamese young girl running down the street after an napalm attack.

The whole Lt. Calley affair, was outrageous, but no one cared when he was found not guilty..

There was a lot of concern for the people of Viet Nam but displays of such were met with disdain by the American people and press... if you had any sensitivity towards them, you were labled a communist.
  15. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +282 / 4 / -9

yep.....I did.....it is thinly veiled, but your philosophy remains constant
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

So you can guess what is in my head now?? What we did in Iraq was completely wrong, most of what we are doing in Afgnansitan is wrong also, particularly the slaughter by Drones....
  17. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Mr. source at it again. Let me ask. Do only sources which support your POV count?

Did you even go to the link? If you had you would note their mission:

So it is a site that shares your POV :).....you should have read it

Try the about page on the site before you play the "source" card.

About IBC :: Iraq Body Count
  18. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +282 / 4 / -9

you are incapable of allowing blame to be laid on obama without some kind of reference to the bush years....every single time it is the same song and dance, and you absolve any opinion of wrongdoing on obama's part by quickly point something bushian out....it is who you are
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

Everything has a context, you cannot discuss the needless slaughter in Afghanistan without discussing the needless slaughter in Iraq..

This is not like one great big game of peek a boo, object consistency, if you do not see it.. it does not exist.

There is no absolution, the right seems to want to focus on the war crimes of this administration.. while ignoring, most times defending, the war crimes of Iraq..
  20. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +282 / 4 / -9

they are 2 separate events brought on by 2 separate causes........

the 'war crimes' of Iraq were addressed by the election of Obama to office.......there is no point in addressing/defending Iraq anymore. Meanwhile, when it comes to stuff that is actually happening NOW, these things need to be brought up and addressed without some ridiculously stupid notion that you can't do it without talking about Iraq.......care to bring up vietnam, too?