PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this team physical enough to win?

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Throughout TC and the preseason I am seeing a team that is too much about finesse and too little about physically imposing their will on an opponent.

When we play against other finesse teams, we will win our fair share of games.

However when we line up against brutes, the Ravens, the Bengals,the 49ers, the Lions etc. we are going to get destroyed. BB has collected a lot of pretty panties for the locker room and that is not good.

BB where is the physicality? Where is the attitude? Where is the nastiness?

This team is fast becoming a punching bag for the physical NFL teams to be beat us like dogs.

Our defense sucks toilet water. They spend more time thinking about assignments than flowing to the ball. Our pass rushers are pathetic and I think I heard Chandler Jones apologize to a Lions O-Lineman for knocking him over.

Our offense is a toothless precision offense, with only Mankins and Gronkowski put a whipping on their opponents. And Gronkowski is out! Ouch!

Why do we have 80 guys on the injury list every week, because we take more hits than we give! This is a weak group BB.

BB please, we need to re-steal the S&C coach back from Dallas or go get the college guy from Alabama. Our current crew of panty-waists players are looking weak!

Throughout TC and the preseason I am seeing a team that is too much about finesse and too little about physically imposing their will on an opponent.

However when we line up against brutes, the Ravens, the Bengals,the 49ers, the Lions etc. we are going to get destroyed. BB has collected a lot of pretty panties for the locker room and that is not good.

This team is fast becoming a punching bag for the physical NFL teams to be beat us like dogs.

Our defense sucks toilet water. They spend more time thinking about assignments than flowing to the ball. Our pass rushers are pathetic and I think I heard Chandler Jones apologize to a Lions O-Lineman for knocking him over.

Our offense is a toothless precision offense, with only Mankins and Gronkowski put a whipping on their opponents. And Gronkowski is out! Ouch!

Why do we have 80 guys on the injury list every week, because we take more hits than we give! This is a weak group BB.

BB please, we need to re-steal the S&C coach back from Dallas or go get the college guy from Alabama. Our current crew of panty-waists players are looking weak!

The injury rate did not go up when Woicik left for Dallas.

Not your best work, Ochmed. I'll just leave it at that.

Is this team physical enough to win?

No, not tough enough right now.

The starters should be ok but there is a lack of depth across both lines. Those wasted picks (Tavon Wilson, Mallett, Harmon) would have been better served adding depth across the lines.

Toughness begins in January, hopefully they can grow on the job.

I was expecting to see silly posts after that loss to the Lions, its preseason, I wouldn't read too much into the game, its more about evaluating players in certain situations and not game planning for a specific foe. This team will be plenty tough enough, mentally and physically.

No, not tough enough right now.

The starters should be ok but there is a lack of depth across both lines. Those wasted picks (Tavon Wilson, Mallett, Harmon) would have been better served adding depth across the lines.

Toughness begins in January, hopefully they can grow on the job.

Amen brother! After QB, you build your team from the lines out. Our D Line is Wilfork and the what-nots.

Cannon getting healthy will add size and power inside.

Amen brother! After QB, you build your team from the lines out. Our D Line is Wilfork and the what-nots.

Tommy Kelly and Chandler Jones are whatnots? Are you high?

I dare you to tell mankins and spikes to their face that they are soft.

I was expecting to see silly posts after that loss to the Lions, its preseason, I wouldn't read too much into the game, its more about evaluating players in certain situations and not game planning for a specific foe. This team will be plenty tough enough, mentally and physically.

This isn't about the Lions game,it is about a trend. Last year we got physically slapped around by the Ravens, Seattle and the 49ers.

Why?

Because they physically imposed their will on us.

Now we have to face the facts, it will be happening again this year.

I agree with the OP that the defense has to develop a swagger. The problem now going forward is that this organization will try to bring in more choir boys to offset the hernandez effect. This organization cares too much about what others' think.

Is this a troll thread or is Ochmed drunk? :bricks:

I agree with the OP that the defense has to develop a swagger. The problem now going forward is that this organization will try to bring in more choir boys to offset the hernandez effect. This organization cares too much about what others' think.

To borrow from a BB quote about injuries, "Tell me who's going to get arrested for murder, and I won't sign or draft them."

The Patriots take things on a case-by-case basis (see: Julian Edelman not getting cut after his arrest). While the presumption of future problems is certainly likely to shift a bit, I don't think it's going to mean "only choir boys" from here on out.

And, most importantly, the "no thugs" rule was not a matter of public perception. It was something Myra Kraft, RIP, insisted on when she agreed to let her husband buy the team.

I agree with the OP that the defense has to develop a swagger.

Bill Belichick said:
I’ve seen a couple comments here, some of the players talking about we need to get our ‘swagger’ back. Our attitude back.....you know what? We didn’t have a ‘swagger’ last year. If you ******* think about it, we didn’t have a swagger. What we had awas a sense of urgency, a sense of urgency about playing well, being smart, and capitalizing on every opportunity and situation that came our way….it wasn’t about a ******* swagger. You can take that swagger and shove it up your ass, okay?!”

10 characters

Tommy Kelly and Chandler Jones are whatnots? Are you high?

I doubt film of either player causes opposing Olineman to even sit up straight in the meeting room.

Kelly is a veteran retread worth nothing more than a YAWN!

And last year once the opposing offenses chipped Jones at the LOS, he was toast. I am hopeful Jones has a second year leap this season and becomes a force off the edge. However through TC thus far I am not seeing it.

PS: As for Spikes. Hello? Have you seen him move? He is slower than paint drying.

This isn't about the Lions game,it is about a trend. Last year we got physically slapped around by the Ravens, Seattle and the 49ers.

Why?

So a horribly reffed game, a rookie mistake and a bad special teams coverage on a kickoff is teams physically imposing their will?

I'm getting so tired of this stupid "when teams get physical with them, they lose". People that say that are basically expecting the Pats to go 19-0 if they became more "physical"

How about when the Pats physically imposed their will on the Broncos and Texans last year?

I doubt film of either player causes opposing Olineman to even sit up straight in the meeting room.

Kelly is a veteran retread worth nothing more than a YAWN!

And last year once the opposing offenses chipped Jones at the LOS, he was toast. I am hopeful Jones has a second year leap this season and becomes a force off the edge. However through TC thus far I am not seeing it.

PS: As for Spikes. Hello? Have you seen him move? He is slower than paint drying.

Kelly's been excellent so far, as has Jones (other than when he was slowed due to injury). I'd say you're probably on an island with that assessment. And considering teams have been doubling up on Jones at times I'd also venture to say your claim there is demonstrably false.

Why?

Oh baloney. We didn't get "slapped around" by Seattle - the Pats blew that game on a tipped third-and-one for an interception in the Seattle end zone - a ball two inches from putting the game out of reach of the 'Hawks.

It was a mistake - every team has them. We should have won that game handily (even a field goal there would have about iced it) - and in a stadium where almost no one wins (ask San Fran, who got slapped around up there).

We laid an egg in the first half against San Fran with a bunch of turnovers, then these "panty-wastes" came back out an put a beat down on the Niners in the second half and almost pulled it out. To even be able to make that game competitive - against a team that went to the Superbowl and was widely considered the strongest in the league (and the least injured) says a lot.

The Ravens game came down to a lack of red zone targets and the loss of our top corner in the first half. Let's put Gronk on that field and take Boldin away, then have a top Ravens defender at a thin position for them go down in the first half and see what happens.

I will give you one point, though: in the playoffs, the league changes the rules. Guys like Welker get MUGGED. I expect that why BB brought in bigger, faster, stronger receivers, and added size and hitters on defense, like Wilson and Kelly. And is looking for bigger and more physical corners.

This team is not "soft." This team goes to the playoffs every year. There's nothing easy about that.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back