PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this secondary going to cost us another shot at SB(merged) glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Memo to Pats DB's... if ball is in air...

It seems like one particular DB on our team makes this mistake every game, though.

That may be true and hopefully the DB coaches can correct it. I wonder why they haven't done it YET.

On the positive side, at least McCourty is real close to the receiver and if there is no PI called, he is in good shape to break it up or make a quick tackle, unlike another of our defensive backs who is so far off of his cover man that the reception is easy and in many cases, for substantial distance OR a first down.

Last edited:
Re: Memo to Pats DB's... if ball is in air...

That may be true and hopefully the DB coaches can correct it. I wonder why they haven't done it YET.
I'm sure they try, but he's the only one who can change it.

No way in HELL do you allow Manningham to make that catch, straw that broke the camels back on top of Wes' drop.

That Mannigham's catch had little to do with the CBs. It was a Safety arriving a little late on a perfectly thrown pass. Our Safeties are much better and more conscious of helping the CBs now, to the point that now some fans are complaining about opponents "splitting the Safeties" down the middle.

In the old days (ie last year) we would have called that a 'seam' route or a deep post...

That Mannigham's catch had little to do with the CBs. It was a Safety arriving a little late on a perfectly thrown pass. Our Safeties are much better and more conscious of helping the CBs now, to the point that now some fans are complaining about opponents "splitting the Safeties" down the middle.

In the old days (ie last year) we would have called that a 'seam' route or a deep post...

Meh it was a decent throw, but Eli's eyes were half closed as he released and it seemed eerily reminiscent of the Tyree throw in terms of its desperation but really we should have done a better job of not letting another big catch beat us.

You are right about the safeties, my receiver coach is always telling me to split the them down the middle whenever i'm lined up at slot and we run a straight route, that's something they have to deal with but when you're talking big play receivers on the outside matched up with your corners that's usually a mono e mono matchup and we seem to come up short alot in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back