Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is This Racism?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

Obama has hired Jessie Jackoffs son Jessie Jackoff Jr to air an ad on TV supporting Obama, below is what Obama's people said, they are aiming the ad at "black listeners", would the Politically Correct Police find anything wrong if Mitt Romney put out an ad and said he was "aiming it at white listeners"?
    Why is it OK for Obama to use his color, isn't that "racism"?

News Today On Jessie Jr.
    Obama's campaign said the ad will air on 36 urban, gospel and other stations aimed at black listeners around the state.
    http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_jackson_ad/2007/10/23/43235.html
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

rac·ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm]
    –noun
    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

No it's not racism.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 7 / -9

It's marketing demographics, Harry, and you're posing the question in the usual way: what appears to be a rough equivalence ignores the built in assumption.

The built-in assumption of untargeted, "scattershot" marketing is that it will hit the white electorate. Why? Because there are more of the white electorate to hit. Although I doubt very seriously Romney would be accused of racism because he believes marketing on country/western stations will draw the white vote, it's unnecessary to market to whites in this manner, because alternative rock, classic rock, "easy listening", adult contemporary, classical, jazz, and even many hip-hop stations will have majority white listernerships. (although you can target the kinds of whites you're spending campaign dollars on by choosing one cultural segment over another; W probably spent money targeted to his "base" on C/W stations, and money meant to swing voters in swing states on other types of stations.)

Many republicans will talk quite candidly about wooing the "Black voters" or the "Jewish voters" away from the democrats, and will gladly appear in Black or Jewish venues, whether on the air, or in public appearances.

As Bob Dylan put it so succinctly about 4 decades ago...

Man on the stand he wants my vote
    He's runnin' for office on the ballot note
    He's out there preachin' in front of the steeple,
    Tellin' me he loves all kinds of people.
    He's eatin' bagels
    He's eatin' pizza
    He's eatin' chitlin's

PFnV
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Harry ... it's what one does to "Be More Black" ... also, no better way to "Be More Black" than to keep the "Blacks" as "Black" as possible. Jesse Jackson & son specialize in keeping "Black" people "Black" ... :rolleyes: for their own good of course :rolleyes: .

Someday, an African American politician will come along that has the gaul to move the black community forward from old racist stereotypes and the racism discussions will be left to history classes...Obama is not that guy.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  5. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm getting ready to run an add for all the crackers. It's going to suggest all the things you can put on Ritz.
  6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 7 / -9

Show a picture of Jessica Simpson with full-on camel-toe puttin' one on a stool, then sitting down. Then run the tagline...

Everything tastes great when it sits on a Ritz!

PFnV
  7. MightyFooda

MightyFooda Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Politicians have adds go out to different minority groups all the time and target the "black voter", this is nothing new.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

Then it's OK for Romney to run an ad and say he's "aiming it at White Listeners--:singing:

If Romney or Rudy went on Fox News and said that they would be run out of the country on a rail with
    Al & Jessie chasing them, and we all know it.
  9. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Harry, Harry, Harry...

haven't you figured out how this works by now? B. Hussein HAD TO HIRE JACKSON, JR., it is Jessie's M.O., you hire his "peeps" and he does not protest you, if you hire his son, then he actually backs you. I'm sure that Hillary is going to have to open up the bank to get Jessie back!

Jessie Jackson has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE, OR JUSTICE, the only thing he thinks about is MONEY!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

They're always running ads for white listeners. Remember the famous Willie Horton ad? What about the recent decision of the Republican candidates not to participate in a black run debate, though they participated in virtually every other type? They are essentially ignoring blacks.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

I know, I get excited at all this double standard crap.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

Yes, but have you ever heard of a Whitey Politician coming right out and admitting they are running an ad "aimed at white voters" that would start WWIII right here in America.
    :bricks:
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So the Willie Horton ad was "aimed at white people"..? I guess that implies that black people wouldn't be bothered by having a convicted rapist released from jail on furlough to rape again. Interesting comment... personally, I think that ad was aimed at every single decent, law abiding citizen of the United States, no matter their ethnicity.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Then you're naive.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe... maybe... but I have faith that the average member of the black community has as little tolerance for rapists in thier midst as would the average member of the white community... I guess you feel different, though.
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

She is so....... [​IMG]

[​IMG]