Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is this OK?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, May 11, 2013.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Abercrombie Outrage! Is Being Obnoxious a Fireable Offense?

Abercrombie Outrage! Is Being Obnoxious a Fireable Offense? | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance

There are some great readers' comments at the bottom!

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

When I have to take a side, I side with the underdog, those who Abercrombie is dissing, those kids who are unattractive and lonely, those kids who may be struggling and moving towards the belief that their only reliable friend is drugs or alcohol. I saw very few great comments at the bottom; the comments were callous and childish. Why bother to defend Abercrombie? They are successful, and god knows there are enough narcissists and self-involved people out there to sustain them.

What comments did you find "great," PR?

3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

I love the "toughen up" type comments. Or the "if you're fat, lose weight" comments.

No retailer needs to care about kids' (or adults) feelings Patters. Companies don't need to be "all inclusive". I applaud A&F's marketing strategy because it makes their brand unique and they don't give in to political correctness.

Overweight kids aren't underdogs in any sense of the word. Just as the "weight challenged" people on Americas Greatest Losers aren't underdogs.

4. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I suppose we can look at unattractive kids as the scum of the earth like many people look at addicts. It never ceases to amaze me how little you seem to know about addiction. You have managed to find only the narrowest lessons and apply them in a self-serving way. If ETOH is an addiction, why not food? Why do you think the raped child becomes sometimes becomes obese? Why do you think the child from a poor family or the child who is bullied may become heavy? Abercrombie has the right to do what they want, but their tone is cruel, especially for those kids who are vulnerable.

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,062 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

They can make/sell clothes for whomever they please. If I was a CEO I would disregard all comments ... pick a charity that aids teens and use the store and perhaps some of the profits to do some good in the world through that charity.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

While I disagree with the mean talk - it's pointless and falsely cruel - after all, there are plenty of "cool" chicks who are overweight, I don't mind the store not carrying plus sizes.

After all, there are plently of stores which cater exclusively to larger women and, honestly, as one who knows first-hand, most of the major retailers do the same thing they just don't say so.

I'm a very tiny woman. Tall, but thin. In my lifetime I've spanned 3 Junior sizes - Size 0, Size 1 and Size 3. I think I might have fit into a 5 at one time, but the time was brief and the size didn't fit well. Currently I am a Zero.

You have no idea how hard it is to find this size anywhere - really. Virtually no one carries it - it's almost impossible to find a size 3, as well. They don't carry them at Kmart, WallMart, Sears, Penny's or any other reasonably priced store....and the 5's and 7's are in short supply. Kohls is the only store I've found with an actual selection - and only on-line. Whenever I see a pair of jeans which is Size 0 with a 32in or better inseam, I order by the bulk because I won't find them again for 5 years.

There is no comparable size in woman's wear. If you're tiny, you are virtually stuck in Junior fashions. They make "petite" sizes for adult women, but those are geared for short and squat women - not tall and thin ones.

Contrary to what fashion would have you believe, they use skinny sized models but the clothes they actually carry in the store are sized and sold for much larger women.

Rant over....sell your small sizes, Abercrombie - but be nice about it.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Yeah, I suppose we can...but where did that come from? No has said anything like that. It just came out of your own head Patters. Not carrying chubby close doesn't say "You're the scum of the earth"....so why did you take it to such an extreme?

I never ceases to amaze me how littel you understand about addiction Patters....I mean REALLY!

I've overcome my addictions one day at a time. And in case you haven't read, I've also overcome compulsive over-eating bro. Lost 120 lbs 3 years ago and have kept it off. I don't deserve sympathy any more than anyone else....and no one like needs any sympathy.

Stop with your sympathizing...it helps no one.

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I truly have so much respect for what you've achieved, but that's your life and situation. It does not apply to everyone. Many people achieve sobriety without even depending on the churches and community centers that provide space for AA. Many achieve sobriety without the help of meds, doctors, detox, rehab, or other services that tax payers often contribute to.

Other people may not have your skills, intelligence, or abilities. We are not all equal. The heroin addict who uses drugs so that he can continue to do construction so as to support his wife and kids, the addict who started using drugs after a harmless practical joke led to the death of his best friend, the boy who grows up in foster homes where he's tortured, there are so many sad stories of people who have probably experienced things worse than what you went through and may not have had a role model in their life to help them along the way. There are gifts you have that others may not have.

I can give you many examples where validation and respect allow a person to face up to their fears. What a privilege it is when clients trust me enough to tell me something that so personal and has been crushing them internally for years. For some, when they can finally talk about what happened or what they did, that's when they are ready to embrace sobriety. They are seeing me because they want to get sober, but they fear the agony not of withdrawal, which is bad enough, but of confronting their demons.

There are many paths to recovery. Some I refer to groups, rehab, or AA, because I don't think therapy is the right medium for them. With some people, I'm a hard-a-s-s because that's what they want, but others are not ready for that because they have no one who cares. Sometimes people need that, and I certainly do not respect a business that marginalizes people. Yes, Abercrombie has every right to do what it wants -- it's a free country after all -- but I certainly won't admire their efforts to marginalize people. That's not commendable. That's just cruel. It's nothing to boast about.

And by the way, sympathy is almost never a bad thing. What in the world were you thinking when you wrote that? Sympathy doesn't mean enabling.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Who makes Hillarys Pant Suits?

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

As a middle-aged man who owns a set of "clean and fancy" workboots and jeans for special occasions...I feel completely unqualified to comment. All I know is that when I'm in the mall (against my will) with my teen daughter, the smell and sounds emitting from that place are noxious and give me anxiety. I have to call her to get her out because I can't cross the door. It's like there's a force field blocking me.