PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this Maroneys breakout game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said to myself, this must be a bump of an old thread. It should probably be a sticky by now.

Having said that, I'm rooting for him and for our team, as we'll be much better if he exploits the talent he has.

Breakout game? It's not going to happen. If he keeps fighting for every yard, he'll eventually turn it around, gain confidence, find a way to focus his abilities in the short area and have a nice career.

If not, he won't.

Nobody's guaranteed an NFL career no matter where they're drafted. You have to prove it every game. That's why Troy Brown is a cinch Pats HOF, while any number of #1 receiver picks are stiffs or out of the league.

Plenty of failed #1 RBs too.

Last edited:
100 + yards?

Hes a great RB that needs some blocking and playcalling, but I like his chances on a slippery field where the stutter step is a deadly move. Ala Barry Sanders.

Go Koolaid

ROFL. Thanks for the laughs. Lomo compared to Barry Sanders? LOL! And how many years have we been asking will this be the breakout game? Look Tennessee is TERRIBLE. IF he doesn't have a huge game against a bad team with Taylor out, I'd be worried. There's simply no excuse not to run roughshod over the Titans.

A little less talk, a little more action...

+1. Quoted for truth. :)

Last edited:
100 + yards?

Hes a great RB that needs some blocking and playcalling, but I like his chances on a slippery field where the stutter step is a deadly move. Ala Barry Sanders.

Go Koolaid

Agree. Kool Aid is a stud. today's game should be pass-heavy...but i like the wishful thinking.

100 + yards?

Go Koolaid

Adrian Peterson is a great RB

ronnie brown is a great RB

corey dillon was a great RB

maroney is a RB with some talent that dose not get the ball a nuff not a great RB

Last edited:
Agree. Kool Aid is a stud. today's game should be pass-heavy...but i like the wishful thinking.

Stud? Look up Corey Dillon if you want to see a stud. LOMO couldn't carry his jock.

A stud is someone who is not afraid to get hit and who punishes LB's. He's a good dancer.

100 + yards?

Go Koolaid

You nailed it, nice job.

I was dead wrong (as usual).

LoMo breaking out looked like it had more to do with the snow and Titians terrible D than anything else tnh

Good game by Maroney today. I actually saw him being more patient and utilizing his blockers better this game. Definitely a confidence booster for the kid. Next up is Tampa Bay. Another porous defense that he should truck right over. Now if he could only keep up that pace for the rest of the season, the Pats run game would be in even better shape!

OK, pretty good game, let's keep it up. No hesitation at all.

Could be our running tandem for the future? Good mesh of styles.

I think the same initially

But, in a second throught , he still dancing, the difference is that the Titans front seven is awful and does not get him

Maroney wasn't going down at first contact today.... Instead he was carrying defenders downfield with him. That was the big difference.

I don't know if it was necessarily a 'breakout' game as a 'return to his previous successful form'.

BUT I've gotta say in this game he looked like a legit contributor in both the pass and run game for the first time all season.

Like him or not, this offense, play action inparticular is straight up unstoppable when Lomo gets going.

we allhate injuries but morris leaving could be the blessing in disguise which may help lomo's confidence now

Impossible to gauge in those conditions against that team. It seemed to me defenders had difficulty gaining traction on the wet surface. Tennessee also gained mad yardage (~195) at impressive YPC (6.3) on the ground.

It's difficult to argue against production, but my eyeballs told me that he was still dancing like crazy, even on one occasion when there was a gaping hole staring him in the face.

we allhate injuries but morris leaving could be the blessing in disguise which may help lomo's confidence now

I'd rather have a healthy Morris and Taylor and under performing Maroney than an injured Morris, Taylor and performing Maroney.

If you are implying that Morris can come back, (and Taylor in December) while Maroney still being effective, that would be a nice thought.

100 + yards?

Go Koolaid

Barry Sanders? Seriously!

Even though Maroney was playing very good, there were long stretches that he didn't see the field and we saw a good amount of Faulk and Green-Ellis. I thought he was hurt, but then he came back later on during the game.

Even though Maroney was playing very good, there were long stretches that he didn't see the field and we saw a good amount of Faulk and Green-Ellis. I thought he was hurt, but then he came back later on during the game.

the pats started to pass more and i guess he is not a good pass blocker

and the game was over at the half so no reason to give him 30 att in a blow out win

but im with you i would like to see him get the ball more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back