PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this going to be a big game for Vrabel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last year, Vrabel almost single handily shutdown Roethlisberger last year because he forced Roethlisberger to stay in the pocket rather than scramble right where he feels more comfortable. I think Vrabel needs to do it again today. He didn't have any significant stats in the last game, but was the clear cut MVP of the game. He doesn't need to sack Roethlisberger, but he needs to close that scrambling lane.

Last year, Vrabel almost single handily shutdown Roethlisberger last year because he forced Roethlisberger to stay in the pocket rather than scramble right where he feels more comfortable. I think Vrabel needs to do it again today. He didn't have any significant stats in the last game, but was the clear cut MVP of the game. He doesn't need to sack Roethlisberger, but he needs to close that scrambling lane.

Don't know how banged up he really is, rumors of shoulder woes surfaced last week - but man oh man, could we use a vintage Vrabel domination game this week.

Last year they accused him of stealing their snap count. LOL...
Now, their ol is even worse. I think we hurry Big Ben all day and
force a couple of int's. We're going to have to. Because they have
a great defense.

Don't know how banged up he really is, rumors of shoulder woes surfaced last week - but man oh man, could we use a vintage Vrabel domination game this week.

Vrabel has still been getting into the backfield quite a bit, just not close to the QB. This game he doesn't have to get to Roethlisberger just cut off his scrambling lane.

Vrabel has still been getting into the backfield quite a bit, just not close to the QB. This game he doesn't have to get to Roethlisberger just cut off his scrambling lane.

Getting to Roethlisberger while he still has the ball would be a huge plus though. :D

Getting to Roethlisberger while he still has the ball would be a huge plus though. :D

True! But I will be more than happy to keep the guy in the pocket where he tends to be less effective on plays where he wants to scramble to avoid the rush.

good call on this hahaha

In a word: YES :D

I'd say the odds are pretty good ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes