PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is THIS game going to be the toughest ROAD game of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Do you see this upcoming game at Denver as toughest of all away games for the Pats to win in their opponents stadium,tougher than Indy,New Orleans or any of the AFC East stadiums coming up?

I think the New Orleans game could be tough to win at,Those fans are going haywire over the success of the Saints and its downright deafening from what I hear in the bayou so I think Denver is not going to be the toughest away teams place to win in 2009.

LOL We could say the Jets game was the toughest but lets not look back :)

Last edited:
Who knows. They're all tough. I'll go with BB on this one and say that the toughest road game is the next road game.

Hat's off to the Broncs for being 4-0... and anyone who follows the Patriots will never look past a game at Mile High Stadium

But I'd find it very tough to put Denver down as the toughest road game this season. No disrespect but they're a rebuilding team. McDaniels deserves all the credit in the world but they've been extremely lucky up to this point.

It will be a very tough game but the Patriots also play at Indy and at NO later this year. Those will be very hard games

I'm hoping that we've already seen the toughest road game -- you know, the one where we had no Mayo, no Welker, and a rusty Brady.

Nooo both @ NO and @ Indy will be "tougher" road games, but that doesnt mean that they arent winable road games...

I'm not worried about NO, its the National league of the NFL. They are 1 demensional. Its always going to be the Indy game, Peyton can pick apart a secondarty like no other. He is going to be licking his chops looking at Guyton again.

We've already lost our only road game so far, to the Jets. I'm hoping that will turn out to have been our toughest road game. Anything tougher than that implies a loss.

Our remaining road games are:

Week 5 at Denver
Week 7 at Tampa Bay (in London) - shouldn't be too bad
Week 10 at Indy - tough game
Week 12 at New Orleans - tough game
Week 13 at Miami - Miami usually plays us tough at home
Week 15 at Buffalo - will hopefully be less close than our home opener
Week 17 at Houston - could be moderately tough depending on which Houston team shows up

So in addition to the Jets game the road games against Denver, Indy, New Orleans and Miami could be reasonably challenging.

The Jets are our only remaining home game which should be a major challenge.

I can't remember an easy game in Denver ever.

The Broncos are usually very good and that altitude thing is a beast.

The next game is always the toughest.

But beyond political correctness, it is difficult to predict which is toughest. I'm with Mayo, I certainly hope the jets game was the toughest, although Indy, NO and Denver certainly could be tough.

In the end, we need to win the games that we SHOULD win, against weaker opponents.

THE ROAD TO 11-5 (any improvement over this is great)
miami/jets 2-2
balt/indy/denver/no 2-2
rest 7-1

Last edited:
I'm not worried about NO, its the National league of the NFL. They are 1 demensional. Its always going to be the Indy game, Peyton can pick apart a secondarty like no other. He is going to be licking his chops looking at Guyton again.

They're rushing for 166 y/g and 5.0 ypc.

THE ROAD TO 11-5 (any improvement over this is great)
miami/jets 2-2
balt/indy/denver/no 2-2
rest 7-1

That's a terrific analysis. With wins over Atlanta and Buffalo so, your 7-1 against the rest now equates to winning 5 out of the following 6 games:

0-4 Tennessee (at home)
0-4 Tampa Bay (in London)
1-3 Carolina (at home)
1-3 Buffalo (in Buffalo)
1-3 Jacksonville (at home)
1-3 Houston (in Houston)

The sounds eminently doable. Going 2-1 against Miami and the Jets the rest of the way (with a loss to the Jets already) will be a bit harder. Going 1-2 against Denver-Indy-NO (with a win already against Baltimore) sounds reasonable but by no means assured.

11-5 is a good starting point. As you say, anything better is gravy. Win tomorrow and 12-4 starts to look pretty good; lose and it looks challenging. Win out to the bye week and 13-3 starts to look very reasonable, but that's still a long ways away.

Hat's off to the Broncs for being 4-0... and anyone who follows the Patriots will never look past a game at Mile High Stadium

But I'd find it very tough to put Denver down as the toughest road game this season. No disrespect but they're a rebuilding team. McDaniels deserves all the credit in the world but they've been extremely lucky up to this point.

In Foxboro we'd be 13 points over them on the line, and probably 17 to 24 on the field.

McD is going to go wacky. BB used to do this, so he'll change it up and do the other... or maybe he wants me to think that, so I'll do that.... No way BB gives McD any trends to use against us.

this will be a hard game to win denver's D will show up and the pats D will show up big time to

i cant see denver puting up more then 6 point's

at new orleans will be a game that the pats will have to play perfact to win we all know they have a O that can put up 50 on any one but there D is geting big turn over's

denver cant put up a lot of point's whit there QB

indy cant stop the run

but i have not seen new orleans weakness yet

indy probably scares me the most, but they always do.

Do you see this upcoming game at Denver as toughest of all away games for the Pats to win in their opponents stadium,tougher than Indy,New Orleans or any of the AFC East stadiums coming up?

I think the New Orleans game could be tough to win at,Those fans are going haywire over the success of the Saints and its downright deafening from what I hear in the bayou so I think Denver is not going to be the toughest away teams place to win in 2009.

LOL We could say the Jets game was the toughest but lets not look back :)

Playing a healthy Manning in Indy is as tough as it gets.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?:)

Maroney should be the ultimate psychic. Anyone who is made of glass should by definition have crystal balls. :p

I am pretty sure that the refs got the memo to make sure Brady doesn't get any advantage from penalties on his favor after the Baltimore game . Did you read what Tom said on that press conference ?
NFL referees took notes of it.

That's what makes the next game , even tougher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye