PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this essentially a road game for New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, I think I said this a couple days ago but absolutely.

It kind of was anyways with Seattle fans on the west coast but lets face it, the general population, spun into a weird frenzy by the media, hate us.

Embrace it....i just wish the media could be sued for defamation of character...the only thing is they ALL would be liable and they understand that so as a result they all hide behind the concept of 'we-are-many' and as a result will not be accountable. Chicken-**** 'professionals' behind the media curtain.

Just think of media day...

...but yeah...away game for sure...

It's a road game whenever NE is not in NE, except in SD for some reason (I smell bandwagoners close). Now with this controversy, the whole world is against us. So, yes, this is a road game. It's us against the world.

Both teams are pretty hated. Most neutral fans want both teams to lose the Super Bowl.
I think that the deflate stupidity changes that a bit. We're now more the villains than them. I suspect otherwise neutral fans will find themselves rooting against NE in light of everything.

It may as well be, i think we'll be wearing our white jersey.

I have a strong feeling we'll be pleasantly surprised come February 1st, and we'll be very well represented in Arizona. Won't be like last year when Seattle basically had a home game.

I agree. I think a lot of Pats fans will end up going. We have a lot of West Coast fans. Look at all that went to the San Diego game. It's not that far of a trip for those folks. Come on Pats fans, show up in droves! (although I know the ticket prices are so steep - surprised they haven't taken a hit at all this week; maybe there will be a huge drop a day or two before the game).

It'll be 25 percent Sqwak fans, 20 percent Patriots fans, and 55 percent corporate freeloaders.

Man, ticket prices are prohibitive.

On the plus side, corporate freeloaders have no idea how to influence a game and pretty much spend the whole time checking their phones. I don't think it'll be especially loud for either team on offense.

On the plus side, corporate freeloaders have no idea how to influence a game and pretty much spend the whole time checking their phones. I don't think it'll be especially loud for either team on offense.
I've been to four Pats Super Bowls and distinctly recall the crowd sound being sort of weird in each one. There was always cheering and shouting but only by a small percentage of the crowd.

It was always going to be a road game, IMO, Seattle is the NFL's new "upstart" team with the current biggest group of bandwaggon fans, like we were in the early 2000's, now we've been dominant for so long that we're the leagues most hated team.

In a game with plenty of "neutral" fans, you can surely expect most will be on the side of Seattle's 12th man.

People and reporters at the stadium say Hawks fans are dominating the crowd

Ever since claiming their third title, people are flat out sick of the Patriots. They are tired of seeing the same team over and over again. I get a feeling that this will be a flat road environment for New England because of their sustained success among other things. Will this place be filled with Patriot haters or is it gonna be an actual neutral crowd? Thoughts and opinions?
Yeah, they're on the road aren't they?

I'm glad this one isn't in NJ. The weather essentially made that a home game for Seattle last year. I'd say the dome hurts them a bit.

Lets see if the real seattle fans cheer when they are down 14 with the jersey 12 with Fan on it

Roof being open is a good thing. Will somewhat negate the crowd noise.

Closed roof, keeping all the noise in, would have been worse.

Seriously. America will probably burst into social media orgies if this happened to BB on the sidelines:

0913_3_lg.jpg
Per my post in the mediot lookalike thread, that's Kravitz' role. :p

People and reporters at the stadium say Hawks fans are dominating the crowd
Yeah, last report had 70-30% Seahawks

It certainly sounds like a road game for the Patriots' offense. More mixed when Seattle has the ball.

Road game for both offenses at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back