PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this article on ESPN real or a joke? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: This BSPN writer is smoking crack

You are sadly mistaken. The author writes satire for a column/web site "Daily Onion". This piece was not a satire piece for the Onion....it was a piece written for page 2 BSPN.

Read it again, I was wondering what the heck you were talking about, there is no satire in there.....and "little hats" is not satire.

Do you realize Page 2 is the "funny" section of ESPN.com? Of course, sometimes they are not funny, but that doesn't mean what they write is serious... :rolleyes:

Just because you aren't offended doesn't mean other people are not. I was.
Its fantastic that your brother has a support system that helps him not be offended by insensitivity, but not everyone does.
And OF COURSE it came across that he was belittling people with mental ******ation, because he used it as a DEROGATORY term.

Out of curiosity, are you offended on reading the term or are you concerned that persons suffering that disability might be offended if they hear it?

You know, ****** is a really offensive word.
Children suffering from mental ******ation did not chose that condition. They do not harm anyone, in fact, if you spend time with them, it is usually rewarding.
To use the term ****** as a derogatory criticism of someone who is not handicapped is to say they are so far beneath you that you would compare them to the ****** because you are better than him. After all you weren't born with that disability, so aren't you great.

Ironically, you called a guy writing a SATIRE article a ****** because you werent intellingent enough to understand HE WAS KIDDING.

Barack Obama made it acceptable to throw this word around casually. Thanks, Barack.

Last edited:

Just because you aren't offended doesn't mean other people are not. I was.
Its fantastic that your brother has a support system that helps him not be offended by insensitivity, but not everyone does.
And OF COURSE it came across that he was belittling people with mental ******ation, because he used it as a DEROGATORY term.

Hey, people are wired differently. If you're offended by stuff like that, be offended. Like another poster said, where does the PC stuff end? People have been saying stuff like "the guy is a ******, or the guy is a moron", and the like for a very long time. If that kind of stuff offends you, it offends you. There are probably people who will post something like you did if somebody says "that QB throws like a girl, or Manning is a baby", because it is derogatory towards girls and babies. I don't get it, but that's what makes us all different. That's my last comment on this, because I've already gone off subject enough. You're still cool AJ, just sensitive. :)

Brady isnt Romo!! He's used to having super model girlfriends. Romo is with Jessica Simpson and Romo cant even win a playoff game!

1) Romo couldn't win a playoff game to save his life before he got with Jessica Simpson anyways. There's really no evidence that he's gotten *worse* since he started dating her: just maybe that he was always overrated.

2) Jessica Simpson is no supermodel.

But yeah, this is pure satire, and actually kinda funny at that. I stopped reading Page 2 around the time that all of its good writers left or died, and Bill Simmons became his own feature section on the site entirely, but this was pretty good.

As far as the whole "******" thing, if you want to blame anything for making it suddenly acceptable to throw that around again, blame Tropic Thunder. Hilarious movie, though, and the reason for the whole "you can't go full ******" speech was ridiculing the fact that Hollywood actors look at playing mentally handicapped individuals as the shortest and surest path to winning an oscar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back