PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is this a first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
during the steelers game, tom brady fumbled the ball AND threw a TD pass in the same play. is that a first?

Well no, it's not a first by any means.

during the steelers game, tom brady fumbled the ball AND threw a TD pass in the same play. is that a first?
I'm not sure if that's some sort of weird quirk in the rules, but Brady didn't fumble the ball, Moss did.

I'm not sure if that's some sort of weird quirk in the rules, but Brady didn't fumble the ball, Moss did.

I disagree. Brady lateraled, and it hit the ground before Moss had full possession of it. It seems to me that should be a Brady fumble.

Don't know if it went down in the stat sheet that way.

I disagree. Brady lateraled, and it hit the ground before Moss had full possession of it. It seems to me that should be a Brady fumble.

I agree. Moss never had control. You can't fumble unless you have control. Therefore, the fumble had to be Brady's.

I was a Brady fumble just like if a screen goes wrong or a pitch ever it's the last person to have full control of the ball to get the fumble stat. However it can also go down as a dropped pass by moss.

It went down on the stat book as a fumble.

As long as it doesnt go down as an incomplete pass and screw up his passer rating this year. He's killing the passing stats, fumbles, who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes