Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I see the difference in two of our four losses boiling down to the health of our personnel, plain and simple. Forget about Brady and Rodney for the moment. If we only had TWO consistently healthy backs out of Morris, Maroney and Jordan, ONE healthy corner between Lewis Sanders and Wheatley, ONE healthy defender between Ty Warren and Adalius, I'm willing to bet we'd have won either the Indy game or second Jest game. In fact, any combination of the above could have made the necessary difference. I think with relatively good health it's reasonable to assume two losses by this point of the season with our favorable schedule, perhaps even three. It's because we have the best coaching in the league that this wounded bunch is 6-4 vs. 5-5 or 4-6. We're lucky to be where we are thanks to BB and his staff. Change two plays contributing to the razor-thin differences in the Indy and second Jest games, and we'd be sitting pretty at 8-2.

The rest of the way, again, I believe depends on who we can get on the field. I think our playoff chances will boil down to beating the Cardinals and Bills in the last two games.

Completely agree.

You don't like to blame injuries, but come on. Like you say, take Brady and Rodney out of the equation even. The number of injuries is simply staggering and it cost us last night on D, plain and simple.

I agree. It's just that we as Pats fans have been so spoiled that should the starting 22 go down, we'd still expect BB to make the playoffs. There is not another fan base in the league that has such a luxury. We are constantly left thirsting for more, and when we see plays left out on the field, we know this team is capable of more, even if on paper it shouldn't be.

The injuries on our D have been brutal. The key is going to be who we get back over the next 2-3 weeks? I don't know the status of AD in terms of coming back?
But hopefully, Warren comes back, Sanders comes back, Wheatley comes back and AD comes back late in the year (last game of the season?)
Having these players on the flied contributing will mean that we can gel and play well the last month of the season. Its not how you start, its how you finish. Just ask the Bills!

I see the difference in two of our four losses boiling down to the health of our personnel, plain and simple. Forget about Brady and Rodney for the moment. If we only had TWO consistently healthy backs out of Morris, Maroney and Jordan, ONE healthy corner between Lewis Sanders and Wheatley, ONE healthy defender between Ty Warren and Adalius, I'm willing to bet we'd have won either the Indy game or second Jest game. In fact, any combination of the above could have made the necessary difference. I think with relatively good health it's reasonable to assume two losses by this point of the season with our favorable schedule, perhaps even three. It's because we have the best coaching in the league that this wounded bunch is 6-4 vs. 5-5 or 4-6. We're lucky to be where we are thanks to BB and his staff. Change two plays contributing to the razor-thin differences in the Indy and second Jest games, and we'd be sitting pretty at 8-2.

The rest of the way, again, I believe depends on who we can get on the field. I think our playoff chances will boil down to beating the Cardinals and Bills in the last two games.

Completely agree.

We still should have won both games with the guys we had if not for boneheaded mistakes. But yes, injuries have taken its toll, especially the ones on the defensive end. In the first half last night it really showed on defense, this is a very shorthanded team right now.

I think the injuries hurt us more at the "experience" standpoint than the "abilities" standpoint. There's lots of young talent to step in, guys who have the raw talent to do the job. Problem is, they are raw. That's where the loss of Rodney really hurts, his veteran presence meant so much more than his physical abilities.

In no was is it a cop out, bottom line is every team has its share of injuries, some teams get hit hard some teams not so hard. But ive never seen a team loose as much key players as the Patriots have this season. It seems like starter after starter is getting seriously injured, there not loosing backup special teamers there loosing key starters, probowlers, and hell the best player in the NFL in Brady. No way in hell is it a cop out in my book.

Completely agree also, though I think little mistakes by those that haven't had a lot of PT before have made a big difference too, though those are an offshoot of injuries too.

Injuries are not why we gave up a wide open play on 3rd and 15.

Bad defensive play calling in crunch time.

Except the Pats don't get into that position without a bunch of key injuries.

I agree. It's just that we as Pats fans have been so spoiled that should the starting 22 go down, we'd still expect BB to make the playoffs. There is not another fan base in the league that has such a luxury. We are constantly left thirsting for more, and when we see plays left out on the field, we know this team is capable of more, even if on paper it shouldn't be.

The dynasty is OVER. You are becoming the 49ers..... BB is a losing coach without Tom. BTW..... Cassel played well

I agree the playcalling should of been more aggressive at times especially on that play. Iam sure having a healthy AD and TW would of made an impact on last nights game. The jets had a good amount of success running on Wrights side.

Last edited:

Bad defensive play calling isn't to blame for a 92 yard kickoff return.

Injuries to starters deplete ST as more low end roster guys and PSer's are activated and put on ST.

I think injuries affected our return game last night.

They had two players in the same zone. It was a missed assignment on the field.

correct, but Injuries are the reason why we were in overtime agains the freaking jets to begin with.

Bad defensive play calling isn't to blame for a 92 yard kickoff return.

Injuries to starters deplete ST as more low end roster guys and PSer's are activated and put on ST.

I think injuries affected our return game last night.
Yep, and getting BB's STs' binkie knocked loopy on the opening KO didn't help. At least Bubba walked off the field with some gently guiding hands, nothing like that glassy eyed look after a helmet to the head...I wonder if Goodall will send his fine sucking vampires to Jesterville...

Yep, and getting BB's STs' binkie knocked loopy on the opening KO didn't help. At least Bubba walked off the field with some gently guiding hands, nothing like that glassy eyed look after a helmet to the head...I wonder if Goodall will send his fine sucking vampires to Jesterville...

As the receiving team, the Jets were on offense on the play, hence their players are ineligible for fines unless questioning the officials' calls or wearing unapproved socks.

As the receiving team, the Jets were on offense on the play, hence their players are ineligible for fines unless questioning the officials' calls or wearing unapproved socks.
:rofl: So those sockys with the individual toes wouldn't fly with the NFL? Snooty bastitches.

On an unrelated topic: Any chance you'll be able to grade the O-line for the Jester game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes