Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are the Patriots a championship caliber team?

• Yes

Votes: 84 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
when 100% healthy...yes...when like this..not so sure

No - not if they've passed their peak.

The offense is now wildly inconsistent and we don't know if that is a temporary dip due to the trap game (and bad bounces during the Niners game) or if they are just past their peak.

With Gronk returning you can make a solid argument that they will regain their offensive consistency. I don't think it's a done deal just because Gronk is on the field though. He needs to regain his legs and his timing. I really don't think that is automatic. Timing is slippery and that's why players like to keep sharp and keep playing even when they don't have to.

I'm tempted to say no, but I think they're better than last year's team by a good bit and that team was oh so close. And besdies, who IS a championship team? I think Denver would be tough, but other than that....green bay, SF, that's it. Although baltimore was very good yesterday.

Seattle says hello.

Yup.

If at the start of the season, someone was to say that a team, going in to the final week of the regular season, had the best defense in the NFL, arguably the best secondary and was averaging 50 points a game the last three games, they'd be locked in as favourites for the SB win.

If Gronk is healthy, the Patriots are the prohibitive favorite.

I'll side with Seattle as a tough out in the NFC. If the Pats can get healthy ( and get that 2nd seed) they will be tough to beat in the AFC. Not having Talib and Dennard in their DB could possibly derail any hope they have of a SB appearance.

Peyton is a different player outside in the weather in January. Denver isn't exactly the comfy Indy dome. Who has Denver played over the last 10 games that would be considered a good team?

No it's not..and I've had it with this crap...let's all find another team..a team all of us KNOW will win the Super bowl...let's go!!! ...follow me ---------------->

Forward-Over-The-Cliff.jpg

It's amazing the expectations some of you guys have. It's a bit selfish when if you think about it. We're all a bit spoiled. Not every game is going to be a blow out.

The 49ers lost to the pathetic Rams.
Houston got beat down by the Pats and got pushed around by the Jaguars.
We didn't even have our starters out there on Defense.

Stop OVERBLOWING things!

No it's not..and I've had it with this crap...let's all find another team..a team all of us KNOW will win the Super bowl...let's go!!! ...follow me ---------------->

You've been posting here for a while. Please refrain from trashing threads with garbage political stuff.

Without a doubt....

The O is puzzling, but as long as Brady is our QB, stuff will get figured out..
Err, "without a doubt" and "the O is puzzling" do not mix in the same thought pattern. If you are puzzled then you have to have doubts. If you have doubts then you can't say "without a doubt".

There is no such thing as "without a doubt". The '07 team was "without a doubt" going into that Giants game. I don't know why people persist in not learning these lessons that we endure over and over. There is no such thing as without a doubt. For anybody. It's not a Patriots thing. It's any team. If you don't have doubts then you are in denial.

The whole point of this team is that they have laid a couple of eggs in late December. That is not exactly peaking at the correct time. I don't think it's a good sign. It's not some doom thing either. It's just certainly a whole lot of doubt though.

They need to get healthy with their starters, but, if they're healthy, obviously yes.

If it is the roster that played the Jags, obviously not.

The starters that need to get healthy really do make a big difference.

Seattle says hello.

On the topic, IMO this team could easily go all the way if they have the horses to play McCourty at safety - i.e. a healthy Talib and/or Dennard. I think this team will likely not survive in the playoffs with a Chung/Gregory tandem at safety unless pretty much everything happens to go their way.

You must mean Seattle at home with the refs on their side. If so, yes. :rolleyes:

They need to get healthy with their starters, but, if they're healthy, obviously yes..
I (and Tom Brady) am more concerned about the team's character, not the personnel. I believe they'll fix that Sunday, but hey, this is Tuesday not Sunday. They still have to do it.

I'm also concerned about timing and rhythm issues for the offense. Gronk needs to get reps and the offense needs to find its rhythm again.

These things are not automatic.

Err, "without a doubt" and "the O is puzzling" do not mix in the same thought pattern. If you are puzzled then you have to have doubts. If you have doubts then you can't say "without a doubt".

There is no such thing as without a doubt. The '07 team was without a doubt going into that Giants game. I don't know why people persist in not learning these lessons that we endure over and over. There is no such thing as without a doubt. For anybody. It's not a Patriots thing. It's any team. If you don't have doubts then you are in denial.

The whole point of this team is that they have laid a couple of eggs in late December. That is not exactly peaking at the correct time. I don't think it's a good sign. It's not some doom thing either. It's just certainly a whole lot of doubt though.

Hopefully the Pats will do their best to not be threatened with a congressional investigation two days before kickoff this time.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Pats will do their best to not be threatened with a congressional investigation two days before kickoff this time.

pretty sure Sen. Harlan Specter passed away.

Sometimes I think the expectation on this player group can take its toll.

Is there another team in the NFL that considers every year without a SB win is a failed year?

I hope they win all the marbles but it will probably come down to a few things going our way in terms of injuries and in matches.

Sometimes I think the expectation on this player group can take its toll.

Is there another team in the NFL that considers every year without a SB win is a failed year?

I hope they win all the marbles but it will probably come down to a few things going our way in terms of injuries and in matches.

Not only that, but I think the rest of the league considers the Pats as the team to beat; it's unfortunate that the Pats didn't get the Lombardi's to go with the perception. The Pats never just squeak into the playoffs and are almost always one of the dominant teams year after year, and we invariably play other teams who look at the game as their Superbowl which makes things so much tougher. Everyone knows that the Giants are the reigning SB champions, but viscerally, I think teams get geared up more when facing the Pats than the Giants, or whoever is the reigning champion, because they believe that the Pats are the team to beat.

i feel like that 49ers game just threw a wrench in everything as in the O and timing ect....whatever lead up to that...never again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back