PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there anything we can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackglass3

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
My title says it all. IS there anything we can do, or are we subject to an offseason of abuse from the sports world? If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears. I think this is horsesh!t and am tired of these attacks by the media.

We can go through SpyGate Part 2 for the entire off-season.

Keep strong.

I'm not worried about it.

during the season I was caught off guard a bit by the nitwits, and I'd actually waste time trying to talk football or even just football smack, but now I've finally wised up that we are the villain to a lot of wwf fans.
I can live w/that.

better the headlines read "Pats lose superbowl!" than we never make a headline.
I wouldn't trade teams w/anybody in the league right now, and that includes the giants.

bring it.

You'd rather be reviled than be a Super Bowl Champion?

:confused:

I'd rather be a reviled Patriots fan than a fan of the Super Bowl Champion NY Football Giants.

of course I'd rather not be a "reviled" Patriots fan, but given the two choices that you presented...

You'd rather be reviled than be a Super Bowl Champion?

:confused:

We've been a Super Bowl Champion, Troll. 3 times. I don't know what team you root for because your too chicken$hit to come out and admit it but I'd take a guess they haven't won three super bowls. What happened this season, from Harrison on HGH, all the way to this pointless charade of "Spygate 2" the Patriots have acquired something very few teams have. The Yankees have it, the Steelers had it at one point, even the Raiders have it. It's a personality, we're villians now, and some of us are actually embrassing it. Do you know what it's like to be hated and vilified and constantly talked about? Not so fun in your personal life, but when it's for the team you're rooting for it's actually kinda enjoyable. I don't want to be loved by the rest of the NFL and the fans of other NFL teams. I want to watch my football team win football games. And that's what they've done, more than anyone else in this decade. And don't worry, we're already favored to win the Super Bowl next year. What's your team favored to do?

We can go through SpyGate Part 2 for the entire off-season.

Keep strong.

I just have a hard time with this crap. I mean, I GET the hate...I am a Knicks fan and couldn't stand MJ and the Bulls, and I have hated the Yankees since as far back as I can remember. But I would never have wished this kind of national scorn and disdain on Jordan or Pippen or even Derek Jeter.

I still wear my grey hoodie to the gym every day, though. And the store, and when my wife and I went out for lunch yesterday...matter of fact, if I am not in uniform I am always wearing that bad boy. I may have to cut the sleeves off so I can keep wearing it when I am in Guam for the next 4 years.

We've been a Super Bowl Champion, Troll. 3 times. I don't know what team you root for because your too chicken$hit to come out and admit it but I'd take a guess they haven't won three super bowls. What happened this season, from Harrison on HGH, all the way to this pointless charade of "Spygate 2" the Patriots have acquired something very few teams have. The Yankees have it, the Steelers had it at one point, even the Raiders have it. It's a personality, we're villians now, and some of us are actually embrassing it. Do you know what it's like to be hated and vilified and constantly talked about? Not so fun in your personal life, but when it's for the team you're rooting for it's actually kinda enjoyable. I don't want to be loved by the rest of the NFL and the fans of other NFL teams. I want to watch my football team win football games. And that's what they've done, more than anyone else in this decade. And don't worry, we're already favored to win the Super Bowl next year. What's your team favored to do?

************ that was well put! F*CK YEAH!!

I just have a hard time with this crap. I mean, I GET the hate...I am a Knicks fan and couldn't stand MJ and the Bulls, and I have hated the Yankees since as far back as I can remember. But I would never have wished this kind of national scorn and disdain on Jordan or Pippen or even Derek Jeter.

I still wear my grey hoodie to the gym every day, though. And the store, and when my wife and I went out for lunch yesterday...matter of fact, if I am not in uniform I am always wearing that bad boy. I may have to cut the sleeves off so I can keep wearing it when I am in Guam for the next 4 years.

dude, the sleeves aren't cut off....?

dude, the sleeves aren't cut off....?

It's not a Belichick hoodie, it is a grey one with the throwback logo on it. My wife and brother both have a Belichick hoodie, however. :D

I'm not worried about it.

during the season I was caught off guard a bit by the nitwits, and I'd actually waste time trying to talk football or even just football smack, but now I've finally wised up that we are the villain to a lot of wwf fans.
I can live w/that.

better the headlines read "Pats lose superbowl!" than we never make a headline.
I wouldn't trade teams w/anybody in the league right now, and that includes the giants.

bring it.

:rocker: I completely agree

:trolls:

Die.

Is it just me or has their been an increasing trend these past couple days of trolls pretending to be Pats fans?

I don't get it either.

As long as the website doesn't crash again I will be happy.

I think what happened was ian screened out the troll invasion after the superbowl, so after a week or so went by they finally came up w/a new plan.
not like there's any talk going on at their own teams' boards.
you lonely li'l dudes are perfectly welcome here, you know --- go ahead and own up to whatever sorryass team you're ashamed to admit you're a fan of, and we can talk some football.

It's not that your views aren't "in line" with ours.

It's that they're stupid.

No offense.

As a fan of the Pats and the Sox, I've developed pretty thick skin over the years. Part of following teams so closely is the joy of championships and the agony of almosts.

All the almosts the Sox had to go through only made the championships sweeter. While this SB loss hurts, if the Pats come back next year to win after such a disappointment, no one can question their resilience.

3 championships this decade provide lots of comfort for me.

Can't wait for the season to start up again.

I wonder how the red hoodies are selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots