PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there anything like watching the patriots in the SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The days in 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2007 could be the best days ever.

At this point I just want the patriots to make the superbowl. There is nothing like watching them in the superbowl. You're on the edge of you seat. You're guzzling beers cause youre so nervous.

Man its awesome. I hope they make it.

Yeah watching the Patriots in the SB

oh sure... it was fun watching Eli escape a sure sack and throw a pass with an impossible catch

Oh man those are the longest days ever. I'm not sure if I love it or hate it, can't be healthy I know that much.

I do love watching the Pats in the Super Bowl, but the way things have gone I am getting pumped for Saturday night...I want to see them win a playoff game. Win one and i'm happy. Get to the SB and I will be ecstatic!

It's obviously a very good thing, and the ultimate goal; but at the same time it is awfully hard on the nerves--no doubt about that ;)

Not that a regular season game is on par with the Super Bowl, but the Bruins game tonight was a lot of fun to watch.

Also, the Patriots/Colts regular season games used to be must see tv.

The first SB against the Bears was fun for about the first 5 minutes, downhill from there.

The first SB against the Bears was fun for about the first 5 minutes, downhill from there.

lol

the 2007 SB was NEVER fun after the coin toss, everything just seemed OFF, and i was pissed off the whole time

during the 07 game i had a constant gut wrenching feeling....after it the feeling stopped, my gut was wrenched

nope, not EVERY sb appearence has been good, not at all

I remember how excited I was that whole day waiting for the game, what a let down. Still get the excitement when they're in the big game, you just jump out of bed Sunday morning and all you can think about all day is the game, never gets old.

Yeah, but it brings a lot of anxiety. I remember when they won in 2003...too close for comfort..lol..I will like a blow out for once..

I was ok with it until Dawson went down.

This is pretty good. :D

p1_kraft_ap.jpg

lol

the 2007 SB was NEVER fun after the coin toss, everything just seemed OFF, and i was pissed off the whole time

during the 07 game i had a constant gut wrenching feeling....after it the feeling stopped, my gut was wrenched

nope, not EVERY sb appearence has been good, not at all

OMG, me too..I didn't think it would be a blowout, but I knew the Pats would struggle to win. I just prayed that they would somehow win..scary feeling right? The other games I KNEW they would win just a matter of being the best team. In 2007, I never was confident especially since the team slowed down and peaked in the middle of the season. After the Moss TD, I thought they would pull it out...the only time I did during the entire game. Of course that didn't last long...ugh

Oh man, I was in college at the time and had to work at my part time convience store job. I watched on a 5" b&w TV in between selling cases of Bud and smokes to people who got to watch it in color on a decent size TV.

Last edited:
Oh man, I was in college at the time and had to work at my part time convience store job. I watched on a 5" b&w TV in between selling cases of Bud and smokes to people who got to watch it in color on a decent size TV.

The only game for me that was worse was the B Dreith call in the Raiders game, will never forget that robbery.

I honestly can't say that I find watching the SB when the Pats are playing to be "enjoyable." I am just too emotionally engaged and anxious to enjoy the games, at least given the agonizing way the Pats win them.

In fact, the only times I enjoyed actual "Super Bowl game time" when the Pats were playing were for the four seconds after Adam put us ahead in XXXVIII and the nine seconds after Rodney's pick in XXXIX. The entire evening of SB XLII lingers in a special place in my memory right there with wisdom teeth extractions and a couple of minor surgical procedures.

OK, the first quarter of SB XX was kind of fun, when I was just happy that the Pats were there and all seemed right with the world, but that didn't end up so well. I remember wanting to die when the Fridge put the icing on the burnt cake.

However, the experience of "having watched" a SB that the Pats won...in sheer exhaustion, with my emotions shredded, my throat hoarse from shouting at the TV (I swear that the echo of my scream when Adam's kick went through the uprights at the end of SB XXXVI still echoes in my living room) and in a state of elation at the magnitude of the accomplishment by our guys...now, that's a great feeling. The rest...not so much. I have re-watched the three wins many times and enjoyed that experience. To this day, I have never watched one minute of a replay of SB XLII, which means I watched virtually no TV here in NYC for a couple of weeks after the game whose name we do not mention.

Last edited:
One thing tops watching them play in a Super Bowl: watching them win a Super Bowl. That'd be greaaaaat.

bill-lumbergh-office-space.jpg

One thing tops watching them play in a Super Bowl: watching them win a Super Bowl. That'd be greaaaaat.

bill-lumbergh-office-space.jpg

Yes, the post game celebrations are the best, does anyone ever get any sleep after they win? I know I always take the monday after off.

I would actually enjoy watching the Jets in the Super Bowl......

Mark Sanchez in row 17 level 5 seat 46 and Rex Ryan in row 14 level 8 seats 12 and 13 (2 seats needed to cover that ass) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes