PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there any chance at all that Junior goes HOF with Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsman

On the Roster
Reaction score
If the guys wins a ring or two here and plays on an undefeated SB champion to go down in history, would the guy consider it? He seems to love it here - makes you wonder and it would really shove it up the collective SD fans @sses.

IMO he enters with both teams sd + Ne but not Miami ROFL.

IMO he enters with both teams sd + Ne but not Miami ROFL.

And even if this wasn't the case he'd go in with SD. He's from Oceanside for crying out loud.

I say he goes in as a Charger, but flashes a big @$$ ring to the crowd at the induction ceremony.

It's not like MLB, you don't "go in" as any team. It's a bust of the players head and then above that in the Hall there will be his name/position/teams played for etc.

It's not like MLB, you don't "go in" as any team. It's a bust of the players head and then above that in the Hall there will be his name/position/teams played for etc.

Eggzackly.

If the guys wins a ring or two here and plays on an undefeated SB champion to go down in history, would the guy consider it? He seems to love it here - makes you wonder and it would really shove it up the collective SD fans @sses.

Not going to happen. He has family living in San Diego. He had all his pro bowl seasons in San Diego and he was born there.

Last edited:

True...But if it were like MLB, he shouldn't be going in with the Pats. During no Pats season has he played like a HOF player. His Pro Bowl seasons were all with the Chargers. He should be remembered primarily as a Charger, and as a person who helped add depth & leadership to the Pats during his last years.

You're exactly right.
I've been to the HoF and each team has a display.
Some teams were bigger than others.
The Bears and Giants, Cowboys had big displays.
Green Bay had an impressive display and
right behind that was the Pats display.
It was a very narrow display:(
But on it was a picture of Nick Bueniconti and Mike Haynes
as well as John Hannah.
That surprised me because I had heard Nick and Haynes "went in" as a Dolphin/Raider.

The Football HoF is not the Baseball HoF. They put a bust up of the player/coach and list the teams he was on. The Patriots will be listed on the bust along with SD and Miami.

I think if he gets a ring he'll more than likely go in with both teams. I don't see him going in as an NE player if he doesn't get a ring and Junior still has a whole lot of ties to SD.

EDIT: If Rodney were to make it I think that's a different story. I think he'd go in as an NE player.

Last edited:
Who cares what SD fans think about anything? Didn't you get enough of their silly payback posts between the time we beat them in last years playoffs right up to Phillip River's first pass attempt in week 2? Talk about a bunch of dweebs. They are just now showing their face. The only thing different is that they used to say, "We play you ten times and beat you nine of them." Now they are saying, "We play you ten times, we beat you eight of them." :rofl:

Who cares what SD fans think about anything? Didn't you get enough of their silly payback posts between the time we beat them in last years playoffs right up to Phillip River's first pass attempt in week 2? Talk about a bunch of dweebs. They are just now showing their face. The only thing different is that they used to say, "We play you ten times and beat you nine of them." Now they are saying, "We play you ten times, we beat you eight of them." :rofl:

Way to stay on the topic of this thread and not go off on a bizarre tangent. :rofl:

think of it this way; you are from new england. you play a HOF career with the pats. you then play a few years for some other team and end up winning a bowl with them. do you abandon the pats? simple. NO.

His home is in SD. His restaurant is in SD. He's been on good terms with the franchise all along despite their cutting him.

There's no reason to expect him to diss the Chargers in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes