Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is there a push for a one world government?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFan24, Dec 11, 2011.

1. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

State your case.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Not from anyone I ever knew...it's a common "conspiracy theory" from what I've read posted here on this board. I highly doubt it's something many Americans would want to see...at least among our citizens.

I'd go for it if we appointed ourselves the "boss"!;)

In all fairness, it would/will make sense at some point. To me, that would be what a species that wishes to survive and evolve would do. But the thought makes cringe personally.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +614 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

We can barely agree on a one-country government. The largest empire in history was the British Empire and that left a lot of the world outside the authority of the crown. Christian pre-tribulation eschatology views notwithstanding, it's not a very plausible idea.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Nothing is forever, someday it will all change, to what I know not, I imagine that one night long ago an American Indian lay down beside his campfire after having sex and smoking his loco weed he might have said to his wife (can't call them squaw's anymore) "little soft rabbit, what a wonderful world this will be for our ancestors, much buffalo, much forest, much fish, many fine horses"
    "holy bear sh!t, it sounds beautiful my warrior husband" good night"
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Washington DC:
    "General Farnsworth"
    "Yes Sir"
    "Get On Your Horse, head West and Kill All Those F-cking Indians"
    "Yes Sir
    GOD WILLING
  5. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's what they want you to think. They want the public to think that the left and the right hate each other but behind closed doors they are making deals to divide this country a little more.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

THere's no telling where they'll stop!

[​IMG]
  7. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I am not sure if there is an active movement towards it. We are far too divded to even think of that at this point.

I would think that we can't accurately move beyond this planet without the unity of one coordinated push.

But the older I get, the more I think we should roll back some of our progress, and look more at what we have, and stop searching for what's next, because what's next is most likely less freedom for the overwhelming majority.

The sad part is if we do create a one world government, we all would be peons at the mercy of said government, with probably no recourse to change it, and I don't think that's healthy for the spirit. I think there is no way a 1 world government can be efficient enough to provide for the needs of it's people.

Frankly I think the world needs to look locally, and set up communitties, rather than worry about war, and what other countries are doing.

I think we need to set the example that we won't tolerate genocide, or violence against citizens, and we will not allow another country to invade another, or attack it. But other than that, our army is going to leave the rest of the world alone.

We need to stop forcing people who to live and what to think and that means domesticaly and through out the world. We all need to become a little bit more libertarian.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I kinda agree, but a lot of the worlds problems have been involving resource allocation and population pressure. Until we get that sorted out, your admirable view of the future will be impossible to realize. National chauvanism is going to win out in most cases- even pride wars like Azerbijan and Congo had a component of resource control. The future wars in the Middle East will be about water as much as oil.

The future looks bleak without some sort of indentifying characteristic that all people can recognize and can overcome their superiority complexes that they have been taught since infancy. It's going to be very difficult to get people to accept their commonalities over their differences, which are much less significant than everyone imagines.
  9. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Is there a push? It's already here! Haven't you heard of the Pentaverate? I think Colonel Sanders has been replaced by Papa John...who recently orchestrated the political downfall of former nemesis Herman Cain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  10. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

No case to state. Where do you get this idea that their is a push for a World Government?
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

I always get a kick out people who do their own commecials. The auto sales industry is full of them and almost all of them suck at it.

The Papa John's guy is a prime example of people who shouldn't do their own commercials. I change the channel as soon as I see his face.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011