PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there a chronic 'star rating critic' in our forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright now half the threads on the first page are 3 stars.

The feature as it is absolutely useless.

LOL totally. Proven beyond a shadow of a doubt,beyond any reasonable doubt. Star Wars Unleashed, SWU and bring it on lol ;) :rocker:

I've officially add-blocked the stars on this board and it looks much better.

Aha! Excellent idea, thanks!

The feature as it is absolutely useless.
Here's my theory.

The one-star bandit seems to strike first with one-star on a thread as soon as it appears. It happens quickly enough that it make me wonder if he's running a macro to give new threads one star once they appear. If that's not the case, then he is really somebody in serious need of finding a life.

Then the original 'chronic star rating critic' or the masked avenger or PatJew or somebody else apparently responds with a five-star rating to balance it out - resulting in three stars for the thread.

The funny thing is that a lot of threads are now getting seven, ten, twenty or more ratings, so the one-star bandit's efforts are all for naught. That one-star rating goes away pretty quickly. Yet the game continues.

The result of more people rating threads is that the average is going to come closer to the middle - and three stars. If 100 people rate a thread, what are the chances of all 100 agreeing? Very slim. Even slimmer for 100 people to give a thread an average of a five or a one. But when only one person was rating most threads, then we saw them all over the place; that's because the sample size was so small. That ended when another person rated every thread, regardless of content, the same.

I think the reason why we see so many three-stars may be due as much, if not more, to more people rating threads now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes