PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there a chronic 'star rating critic' in our forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes, I got a one-star for posting a link to breaking player news TWICE.

There's definitely someone here who just does it for giggles.

That said, I can't remember the star rating ever affecting whether I opened a thread or not. Certainly doesn't affect which movies I go to see.

The best thing is, whoever is doing it, isn't even reading the threads. Hence, it is they who are the dumbass. Sleep well, one-star warriors, all will be well...

Ian asked VIPs to rate threads so he could spot the particularly agregious ones and take action as necessary. That being said, I'm glad any thread is still open.

BTW, I give this post 17 stars and one bagel.

Well it just happened to another new thread. Our list of suspects at police headquarters is limited to those online at the time:

jmt57, patman52, mgteich, carolinatony, 363839, MattT1685, bucky, miDeuce, AFPatsFan12, QuickOutGo, Kdo5, bradmahn, Deus Irae, PatsFanInEaglesLand, André Carmel, billdog3484, NE39, neblo, patrickscribe, fnordcircle, MrTibbs, patsfan04522, TomBradyWoot, PittPatriot, bakes781, eom, slash83, Trocadile, Mabeyitstrue, QB12, ScottieC, Clarity, GoForItOn4, LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks, wahwho, SWelker, ayjackson, patchick, PATSYLICIOUS, patman12, PatriotsFan86, bigfandan, Patriotic Fervor, patsinthesnow, NE_Paddy, TommyBrady12, Jackson 2, CanadianPat'sFan, ann812, KDPPatsfan85, upstater1, Frezo, Grizzafted, rsd, MrBigglesWorth, Reckedtrek, N0vice33, jimmyjames, Tunescribe, Two Eight, Wildo7, JSn, Bertil, BadMoFo, etsusei, braveht, PatDaPatriot, PromisedLand, MoLewisrocks, fair catch fryar, WhoaDirty, The_Riddler, BelichickFan, Adam Seward, tedster822, kas, naclone, Pats67, Patjew, #12G.O.A.T, Triumph, Larry Whigham, ausbacker, TomPatriot, shmessy, Feep50, winged1dur, Miguel, patriot lifer, Bill219, YorkHarbor, Disco Volante, SladeRider, NSpatsfan, drakehead, nantucketguy, NEGoldenAge, dhamz, mayoclinic, Brettlax3434, BradyFixesEverything, bones1961, IcyPatriot, tatepatsfan, The 12th Man, cblesz, Patsfanin Philly, zoostation, sebman2112, LuRkeR1978, C32345, chrisfx811, Sean Pa Patriot, alvinnf, smg93, ALP, LuckyGandolff3x, SaCaCh, signbabybrady, WhiZa, Ginger_Ale, mmasterkillah, BradfordPatsFan, IpaqMan, Number Cruncher, mike_usagisan, DW Toys, Captain Cool, RayClay, ginachen, TBonePatsFan, Coach42, tobias funke, hyperpat, Dodgeboy95, edboc, broadwayjoe, pats1, Boston Boxer, sdaniels7114, Patslyn, lostjumper, GostkowSKI, Shockt327, SEPatsFan, DefenseRules, Chris, stcjones, Steve1iron, GroganCountry, cincipatsfan, kierkegaard, makoute, Funktopus, Va_Pats_Fan, Mossed81, drew4008

All of them, along with Colonel Mustard, Profeesor Plum, Mrs Peac0ck, Miss Scarlett, Mr Green and Mrs White, of course.

Well it just happened to another new thread. Our list of suspects at police headquarters is limited to those online at the time:

jmt57, patman52, mgteich, carolinatony, 363839, MattT1685, bucky, miDeuce, AFPatsFan12, QuickOutGo, Kdo5, bradmahn, Deus Irae, PatsFanInEaglesLand, André Carmel, billdog3484, NE39, neblo, patrickscribe, fnordcircle, MrTibbs, patsfan04522, TomBradyWoot, PittPatriot, bakes781, eom, slash83, Trocadile, Mabeyitstrue, QB12, ScottieC, Clarity, GoForItOn4, LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks, wahwho, SWelker, ayjackson, patchick, PATSYLICIOUS, patman12, PatriotsFan86, bigfandan, Patriotic Fervor, patsinthesnow, NE_Paddy, TommyBrady12, Jackson 2, CanadianPat'sFan, ann812, KDPPatsfan85, upstater1, Frezo, Grizzafted, rsd, MrBigglesWorth, Reckedtrek, N0vice33, jimmyjames, Tunescribe, Two Eight, Wildo7, JSn, Bertil, BadMoFo, etsusei, braveht, PatDaPatriot, PromisedLand, MoLewisrocks, fair catch fryar, WhoaDirty, The_Riddler, BelichickFan, Adam Seward, tedster822, kas, naclone, Pats67, Patjew, #12G.O.A.T, Triumph, Larry Whigham, ausbacker, TomPatriot, shmessy, Feep50, winged1dur, Miguel, patriot lifer, Bill219, YorkHarbor, Disco Volante, SladeRider, NSpatsfan, drakehead, nantucketguy, NEGoldenAge, dhamz, mayoclinic, Brettlax3434, BradyFixesEverything, bones1961, IcyPatriot, tatepatsfan, The 12th Man, cblesz, Patsfanin Philly, zoostation, sebman2112, LuRkeR1978, C32345, chrisfx811, Sean Pa Patriot, alvinnf, smg93, ALP, LuckyGandolff3x, SaCaCh, signbabybrady, WhiZa, Ginger_Ale, mmasterkillah, BradfordPatsFan, IpaqMan, Number Cruncher, mike_usagisan, DW Toys, Captain Cool, RayClay, ginachen, TBonePatsFan, Coach42, tobias funke, hyperpat, Dodgeboy95, edboc, broadwayjoe, pats1, Boston Boxer, sdaniels7114, Patslyn, lostjumper, GostkowSKI, Shockt327, SEPatsFan, DefenseRules, Chris, stcjones, Steve1iron, GroganCountry, cincipatsfan, kierkegaard, makoute, Funktopus, Va_Pats_Fan, Mossed81, drew4008

All of them, along with Colonel Mustard, Profeesor Plum, Mrs Peac0ck, Miss Scarlett, Mr Green and Mrs White, of course.
Not Miss Scarlett. You notice my name isn't on the list. That's because I was in the bedroom with the rope and Miss Scarlett.

Hey, now where am I going to get shoes?!?!? Thanks alot, Mods.

Well that narrows it down.

k LOL this is kinda weird pretty much every thread is rated in the Draft forum and almost all 3 stars. I only vote if its a sh*tty thread someone started 1star them suckas.

Example: Why has AD struggled with us?, Is anyone worried in the least about Tom Brady's health..., etc

Last edited:
k LOL this is kinda weird pretty much every thread is rated in the Draft forum and almost all 3 stars. I only vote if its a sh*tty thread someone started 1star them suckas.

Example: Why has AD struggled with us?, Is anyone worried in the least about Tom Brady's health..., etc

I guess all the draft threads are just alright.

Three star threads are a result of the OneStarBandit striking and then the original poster giving his thread 5 stars to make up for.

Resulting in a beautiful three stars.

I have long suspected PATJEW of this terrible crime.......BEHOLD! the evidence above reveals his name as a suspect once again. :beatingcoming:

:D

Re: Someone is going crazy with the ratings system here

Probably not, alas. What people who habitually get one-star ratings ought to ask themselves is, "Why do my peers think so poorly of my posts? Perhaps it isn't the entire world that is whacked. Perhaps I need to re-think my posts."

Of course, if they were that smart, they wouldn't be posting a new dumb thread every day. And if they had any pride at all, they wouldn't shoot for a 2-star rating, which is a pretty low standard when you think about it. They would try to post intelligent, well thought out topics of discussion. I don't think anyone ever gave someone a one-star rating because they disagreed with the opinion presented. One-star rating are for....well, as the rating system says, TERRIBLE threads. Anyone who posts a lot will get one or two, but when ALL of one's threads are judged moronic, it is time to look at ones self.

But apparently people who do gather one-star ratings time after time are doing the best they can, and are totally clueless and are satisfied with being unable to rise to a level approaching mediocrity, and enjoy being the butt of their peers.

Present company excepted, of course.

Thanks for the laugh... that was good stuff.

A little off topic, but for the record, I never want to be the butt of any of my peers.

I don't want to be the butt of their jokes either, but some things cant be helped.

Last edited:
I think some guys in here should really just ask Ian to abolish the star rating crap like he did with the members rating thing (whatever that was called)

I vote that Ian makes it so that only VIP members can rate threads.

That will narrow down the list of suspects and if it does continue, at least we know the A-hole is paying to support the site and not just some troll.

Re: Someone is going crazy with the ratings system here

Thanks for the laugh... that was good stuff.

A little off topic, but for the record, I never want to be the butt of any of my peers.

I don't want to be the butt of their jokes either, but some things cant be helped.

Butt I thought you enjoyed being sat upon. :D

b'dump cha

The stars don't mean anything, so this should be a non-issue. Hell, this thread has clearly become a 1 star thread, but it's rated 3 stars. Maybe we could ban anyone who's given this thread a rating better than 1 star...

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves..." - Shakespeare

I have long suspected PATJEW of this terrible crime.......BEHOLD! the evidence above reveals his name as a suspect once again. :beatingcoming:

:D

Patjew branding posters with stars. Yikes. ;)

We will start a "star seach" right away. First we will look at anyone not posting during "Dancing with the Stars".

There use to be an old show "star of the day" so anyone who was a kid and didn't win that will be looked at. Anyone who did not make a little league "all star" team will be looked at. But, I think we need to find out which poster never got a "star" on their papers,from the teacher, when they were in the 4th grade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey