PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there a chronic 'star rating critic' in our forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll get slower.

It is so slow now that I actually had time to find a star rating plug in...........we need new news or September to come around.

http://www.channel-ai.com/blog/plugins/star-rating/
Star Rating for Reviews

Latest version:

Star Rating for Reviews is a simple WordPress plugin that inserts pretty rating stars based on the score you assign using intuitive, inline [rating:] tags. It can also calculate and output overall ratings for you based on all previous scores you have assigned, useful for reviews that have multiple categories or an album review where each track is assigned a score.
This plugin supports storing rating data into your WordPress database. These data can then be retrieved by functions provided to output a list of reviews, sortable by date, post title or rating scores. Random reviews function and single post function (to be used in WordPress loop) are also provided, see Usage section for detailed description of these functions.
Features | Usage | Options | Customization | Installation | Upgrade | Download | Support | History

Features

Now, someone has gone through and reduced all the ratings to three stars (average), meaning no "must" reading and you can take it or leave it. Hmm. Makes sense to me!

BTW, if there's a bandit who likes to sneak into people's homes and organize their tax documents, I'll leave the back door open.

A while back some people complained that there were a lot of stupid threads on the main forum... usually from other team's fans that just wanted to spew out a bunch of garbage.

Ian suggested that some of us read the threads and rate them, that way other would know not to bother with a one star flame bating post.

This was a few months ago.

I tried rating every thread on page 1 for several days. It was too much work. I don't have the time or the patience to be the bandit, but maybe someone else who heard that advice took it upon themselves.

At any rate, why does someone rating all the threads both anyone? If the rating are even remotely accurate, it saves everyone else time.

Dat sumbitcch bandit is none other than ....burt reynolds! And he's tailgrabbin yo azz right NOW!!!:D

Last edited:
Hey I just noticed a couple of threads started by PFP got only two stars.

This isn't a case of star envy, is it?:D

LOL - NO I am have no star envy,I do know sometimes my posts suck but we all cant be like Patsfanken :p

If the rating are even remotely accurate, it saves everyone else time.

Well, that's the thing. I used to think they were accurate but in reality they're not, at least imo. And even less accurate since the bandito(s) have torn up Dodge:confused2: It's getting less about the thread and more about randomness,or a way of showing your agreement or disagreement with the topic or viewpoint. That was the big complaint about the rep points too, I think.
The whole thing's not really any big deal imo because the rating isn't necessarily indicative of anything. Plus, can't you even rate your own thread? " Wow, my thread really suked. I think I'll give myself a one" :pigsfly:

I've opened a lot of one-star threads because of the topic, some were worth it, some weren't but if I only have time to read a couple of threads I don't choose those based on their rating anymore than I'd filter/ignore someone just because they had a red rep thingy.
My2:D

Most of the top viewed threads have been rated by more than one person. Perhaps there is another thread rater lurking on the grassy knoll .... making this a conspiracy!

now THAT I could get into...

conspiracy? I think it may be, have we found the original bandit yet?

conspiracy? I think it may be, have we found the original bandit yet?

Not yet, but I've got a man on the case.

SmokeyTheBandit.jpg

Someone is going crazy with the ratings system here

Look at the first 20 threads. About 2/3 have 1 star and the rest are almost all 3 star threads.

Who is the grumpy anonymous poster going around rating every single thread?

Re: Someone is Going Crazy with the Ratings System Here

Look at the first 20 threads. About 2/3 have 1 star and the rest are almost all 3 star threads.

Who is the grumpy anonymous poster going around rating every single thread?
been going on for quite a while - there was another thread asking the same question and i think the guy identified himself. i think that thread caused a lot of people to start rating threads, myself included (though I can't take credit for the recent rash of ratings)

not unusual i don't think for threads to be one star or 5 star. i tend not to rate unless the threads are really good or reallly stupid, so most of my ratings are 5 or 1.

not sure the guy is grumpy - i actually agree with most of the one star ratings, excpet for a couple where one-star is too generous

Last edited:
Re: Someone is Going Crazy with the Ratings System Here

Well, I gave this thread 1 star just for fun, but I don't usually rate threads or look at the ratings. It's not as if that's going to stop me from reading what's in the threads anyway, so why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back