Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Jarvis Green anyone?

Is Love? Really?

Who knows? Love is a rookie and we have not seen him much. But Love is going to do a better job than J Green. We saw J Green last year. He can not stop the run with only one OL in his face. Dial up the Ravens playoff game and watch Wilfork move to DE to start the 3Q. If you can not stop the run as a DE, you are never going to stop the run as a NT.

Last edited:
Is Love? Really?

Love who will be the backup NT is listed at 6'1 310 and is probably another 20-30 lbs heavier than that , perfect build for the nose. In the preseason he looked very good when he played and made the roster the old fashioned way - he earned it. There is already a thread on Jarvis Green where I have given my opinion so I won't start it up again here but one thing we can all agree on is he can't play the nose.

Is Love? Really?
Yeah, I think that he is.
Brace and Wright are going to have significant roles as 2 of the top 3, if not the top 2 DEs. Pryor showed me he cant play the nose effectively. IMO, thats why Love is here, because we need a backup NT.

Why would you think Jarvis Green is a better option at NT than Love? He never played that position for us.

All we need is Love....Love is all we need.

Is Love? Really?

If Mr. Brace can run free as a DE, we might need a new trainee. Playing NT is tough and unrewarding. We need an end and if Brace can be a ty Warren type, that backup nt experiment might be over. Ty was an NT candidate too, did rather well when Ted Washington was hurt. They'd all rather play end. Thank god for wilfork and the lack of a couple inches in height.

If Mr. Love sees the benefits of a hard working job with all the cheeseburgers you can eat, compared to hitting the non NFL job market, Love could conquer all.:)

I like Honor and Cherish as well,Remember your vows

Fear?

"People react to fear, not love; they don't teach that in Sunday School, but it's true."
Richard M. Nixon

I really can't think of one person on the active roster that I would really want to see cut to make room for Jarvis. On top of that, Love is our back-up NT. If he shows enough, it gives us enough versatility to play Wilfork and Brace as the DE's against the run.

Whoda thunk it!

We are now counting on Wilfork, Love and Brace as our starters against the run, two 345 pound DE's??????????????????

I really can't think of one person on the active roster that I would really want to see cut to make room for Jarvis. On top of that, Love is our back-up NT. If he shows enough, it gives us enough versatility to play Wilfork and Brace as the DE's against the run.

Whoda thunk it!

We are now counting on Wilfork, Love and Brace as our starters against the run, two 345 pound DE's??????????????????

Not sure if you're knocking the idea or not. But BB tried Wilfork at DE in the Ravens game last year. He's better against the run there than Mike Wright is. Brace looked pretty good in the preseason and, if healthy, should project to be our starter at LDE at some point. It isn't ideal, but that's what happens when you trade away one of the best DE's in the league before the 2009 season and then lose your other top notch DE to injury before 2010.

Last edited:
...BB tried Wilfork at DE in the Ravens game last year.

I think it was done first in the 2nd game vs. Miami, where Wilfork was matched up with Jake Long, and yes Vince played well out there.

Is Love? Really?

Hard to say. Just imagine if someone had started a thread two days ago saying that Dane Fletcher would make the team at ILB and that McKenzie would be cut at the same position. Can we even imagine the abuse that individual would have endured, even though they were 100 % right ?

Maybe Love can play. Maybe he's released tomorrow. Hard to say.

Whoda thunk it!

What? Love won't be starting anywhere but his dreams, that i know of.

Why would you think Jarvis Green is a better option at NT than Love? He never played that position for us.

Actually, he did - he was the starter for much of training camp 2003. That's why they traded for Ted Washington.

Actually, he did - he was the starter for much of training camp 2003. That's why they traded for Ted Washington.

And the immortal Rick Lyle, with a sprinkling of Dan Klecko. Grasping at straws, in other words. If you recall, our superior "technique" was going to make up for lack of bulk.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down