Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is the third decline of the markets coming?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jul 2, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

The first one happened last fall and the second one bottomed out in February with the Dow around 7,500.

Are we on the brink of the third and steepest decline of all? I think we are. Now I'm no guru but I also don't think there are any guru's when it comes to stocks. I'm basing my prediction on what I see happening over the next few years...namely, stagnating economic growth.

I think we'll see a steady decline in the markets through the end of 2009 with the bottom ocurring in Jan/Feb 2010...Time will tell.
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I agree with you PR.
    This is the last market rise for the those in the know to get the rest of their wealth out.

None of the economic figures suggest we're even close to rebounding or have hit a bottom yet.
  3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I'm so sick of economic news Mav...:confused:

I haven't been commenting on the main board at all, but I'm getting psyched about this Pats season. Hopefully, it will keep me from spending too much time on this black hole of negativity!;)
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Yeah I've been taking my mind off things by traveling a lot and not reading the news as much. I've found I'm a lot happier not visiting this political forum or NEPatriots threads as much, either.
  5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

LOL!! I hear you on that...I hope you're enjoying your travels.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's interesting that you routinely got untucked over my threads discussing Peak Oil and economic collapse to come, yet you seem to have started a similar initiative yourself.

The DOW, i predict, will plummet again. Under 6000, anyway. Gas will be over $3 by Sept.

Of the stories I absorb about this (long predicted) economic crisis overall, the ones insisting the markets are gonna get much worse stand at about a 10:1 ratio over the ones that predict we're "on the road to recovery."
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Better late than never right? PR tends to hear from channels a bit more mainstream on the news curve, no harm in that. I'm still waiting for him to come around on the impending hyper-inflation looming, but I'm confident he'll start to be exposed to those media reports soon enough.
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

PC...nice to have you stop by old friend. Did I say anything about "economic collapse"? I don't think I did.

Obviously your sources aren't the mainstream media...;)
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

This was talked about by Roubini. That we were (the last few months) experiencing a mini-bull market, and that we were headed for another drop later this year.

Gas is going up, up, up...
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Well, what do you think is going to happen if your OP is accurate? Especially now, with unemployment hovering around 10 to 13%?

You're not saying it, you're JUST saying it, right?
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Honestly PC, I'm at the point where I've just thrown up my arms in surrender. What will be, will be...
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Someone here ... too lazy to look up the posts ... had a friend working in/on Wall Street. They were talking about mysterious blocks of purchases by someone. So who exactly drove the market up ... was it the investors or was it all insider stuff? Geitner? So are those mysterious blocks still being purchased? By whom? The ol' people finding bargains again?
  13. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You might have found something fishy...Wasn't insider trading one of the causes of the last major market collapse 22 years ago?
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

K, that's fine...

So then next time, when I provide dozens more new links backing my well-documented belief system that an energy crisis is here, and is crushing global markets, you won't complain about the audacity of it even being acknowledged in this forum for consumption... Or the merits of actually spreading awareness. ... Cool.

I'm at least glad you've released yourself from the denial and anger stage of grief, and are well on your way to acceptance.
  15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

PC...your memory of what people say to you is TOO good. Almost like you hold resentments bro....and that aint cool. Nothing here is that serious.

If I don't agree with someone or I believe someone is saying the same things over and over again, I'm going to let them know it. After all, isn't that what this board is all about?

I'm not agreeing with your theories nor have I been in denial about anything. But from your perspective, I can see how you think I have been. Nothing is written in stone or is a foregone conclusion.

Remember...I've gotten your back plenty of times here. Most people would be grateful just to be able to say "PatriotsReign got my back!":woohoo:
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

If my memory is correct, I believe I was the only one on this board predicting that unemployment would be this high, this fast. I made this prediction when gov't reports came out in Nov/Dec 08 saying unemployment would reach 8% by the end of 2009.

Posted by PatriotsReign 1/9/09

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...483-5-stages-collapse-page14.html#post1243908
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Only you? Actually, not to horn toot, but I've been saying it here for a few years now... There's no end in sight, but collapse is juuuuust slow enough, and the media is blowing juuuuust enough "recovery" smoke up our ****, that panic hasn't yet set in.

Anyhow, if you could sum it all up in one concise sentence, just what does PR believe is causing the simultaneous meltdown of industrial nations and global markets?
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Ok...you're right about your predictions. Since you have been in agreement with Ruppert for a long time, then I know increased unemployment has been part of your discussions before I did.

I won't deny that the theory that says that rapidly depleting petroleum is the biggest cause. But since you asked, the more obvious causes have be the over-inflation of real estate and global markets. Basically, a world-wide bubble.

Because the US economy and our currency is the biggest influence on the global economy...we eff'd everything up.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009