Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is the Rhetoric of the right on HC, really the rhetoric of the Insurance Industry..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 13, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

Interesting that all the comments that certain things are out of Alinsky's play book, but in reality the playbook of the right may be fromthe insurance industry.. who has more to loose????

Whistle-blower: Health care industry engaging in PR tactics - CNN.com

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

Re: Is the Rhetoric of the right on HC, really the rhetoric of the Insurance Industry

The insurance industry is in the fight of its life, and while conservatives may hold the insurance industry in the highest regard, an industry that profits off of illness and death is looked upon by many as an industry that's somewhat expendable. I think the risk for insurance companies is that they will awaken this antipathy towards them; so right now they are operating behind the scenes manipulating the many sheep who oppose health care without really understanding the legislation, the goals, or the costs.

3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Re: Is the Rhetoric of the right on HC, really the rhetoric of the Insurance Industry

Will that logic also apply to the pharmaceutical industry that just decided to spend $150 million to support the bill after meeting with the President???

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

The pharmaceutical companies in any scenario are not in a fight for the lives. With or without national health care, they should do well. With national health care, they sell more at a lower price.

Obama's deal with the pharmaceutical companies is pure political cyncism, but it shows just a what a shrewd team Obama has. He knew that the insurance companies and the Republican Party would go all out to defeat health care, so it appears Obama made a strategic decision to win over the pharmaceuticals. And while I object to his decision there, I do so the value of it from a political point of view.

After all, the right wing is launching a crude, dishonest fight, and they are doing all they can to distort the truth (fearmongering lies about death panels, the gov choosing your doctor for you, cuts in Medicare and VA hospitals, etc.). By having the pharmaceutical companies on his team, it strengthens Obama's hand. The unfortunate thing is that if he did not need them, the health care plan would have saved more money more quickly.

5. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

YES!!! Thus spake Wendell Potter. All the rhetoric (OK, I don't know about the recent stuff like death panels) originates within the private healthcare industry through lobbyists on through synchophatic politicians along with their donations. And for obvious reasons, this industry has the most to lose, possibly along with the pharmaceuticals. And to this I say too bad, they turned to the dark side (Wall St) a long time ago.

edit: OK, I may be a bit dated about the pharmaceuticals, although they are nonetheless just as corrupt.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009