• yes

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • no

Votes: 73 75.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep,

Just look at the PI call on Revis against the Bengals. The play before he was tackled by Johnson for a no call and touchdown. Good teams overcome it. After my "ban" can a mod email me the final results of "predict the score" week and finals please? :singing:

Seriously, this talk of your demise is foolish. You are still the team to beat next year and I had a great time playing the weekly pick the score.

H

You have to have a new stadium either being built or recently built to go to or win the Super bowl. I would like to be the first to congratulate the Jets....

You have to have a new stadium either being built or recently built to go to or win the Super bowl. I would like to be the first to congratulate the Jets....

why not the boys then?

Why hasn't this crap been moved to the practice forum where it belongs??

I was just trying to get some thoughts from people about this. I have been hearing crap from my Uncle about this, and I wanted to see if they agreed if they were or not.

I don't know about "fixed." How about "over-officiated."

Hard to say - but I WILL say that there's NO way that Vegas will just sit back and do nothing if they continue to get milked dry week after week.

I mean every so often, the media will spent the entire week hyping the heck out of 1 team in a particular matchup(that's favored to win et al), and guess what happens subsequently...the hyped team LOSES. Remember the Saints/Bears NFCCG at Soldier Field 3 years ago? Remember how EVERY media pundit was picking the Saints to stomp the Bears up there? Who else was shocked that Rex Grossman OUTPLAYED Drew Brees, and the Bears dominated?

Like I said, I can't say for sure, but Vegas DID make a killing off of that game, as I'm sure many, many people bet their hard-earned money on the Saints that day.

Or how about the Cowboys/Saints game a month ago, when the Saints were 13-0, and the Cowboys looked all but finished(as the media hype)? Again - Vegas hosed many and got the last laugh.

Again - I'm not being dogmatic about this, but I'm not buying all this "But such and such team wasn't given and chance by anyone, and shocked the world" crap.

I think it is highly unlikley but if they were to be fixed it would not be league wide. It would be like the NBA a few years ago where officals were betting on games and making sure those teams won.

Talked about fixed, remember this;
YouTube - The Tuck Rule

Now that is fixed, the season is over so get over it,move on. You lost just like my 6 time Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers did.

Cheers,
Steelernation

So I guess if the NFL is fixed then the 3 Super Bowls the Pats have this decade are worthless because they're the result of fixing right?

Or is the NFL only fixed when something good happens for a rival team?

What an idiotic poll.

I'd like to hear from any one of the people who said yes to the poll that can give me a logical reason why one can say that the NFL is fixed, but yet still take any pride in the accomplishments of the Patriots?

Sorry folks, but if the NFL is fixed, then Tom Brady isn't the GOAT, and the Pats are just another team. Is that really what you want to believe? Or did all the people who picked yes in the poll just do so because the Pats haven't won a SB in a while and its a nice convenient excuse?

Talked about fixed, remember this;
YouTube - The Tuck Rule

They applied the rule, what's wrong with that? If you don't like the rule and think they should do away with it, fine, but you can't fault someone for applying the rules in place, my problem is that the NFL doesn't apply its own rules, or those rules are applied selectively.

I'd like to hear from any one of the people who said yes to the poll that can give me a logical reason why one can say that the NFL is fixed, but yet still take any pride in the accomplishments of the Patriots?

The Patriots have been successful in spite of the suspect officiating, not because of it.

The Patriots have been successful in spite of the suspect officiating, not because of it.

So you're saying that the NFL is fixed, but the Pats are SO good, that they can actually thwart the very league and stop the National Football League's fixing dead in its tracks?

Amazing.

Or is it possible that all the people who are voting yes are a bunch of blind homers who remember every bad thing thats ever happened to them, and every break a rival team gets, but nothing that ever went well for them. There isnt any need to spout crazy conspiracy theories just because the Pats haven't won a SB in 6 years. Not every team gets 3 in 4 years and that kind of production isn't sustainable. Doesn't mean the league is fixed. That's just laughable.

It's just like poker folks. You always remember that time someone pulled a miracle card to beat you, but you never remember when the breaks fall your way. Its human nature.

The NFL is not fixed ladies and gentlement. And the fact of the matter is, if you want to claim that the NFL is fixed and are puppeteering the outcomes of games and championships, then the Pats own wins and championships are just as suspect as anyone elses.

Last edited:
Professional sports are not fixed. Not by the leagues themselves, or those running them. This is only usually though of by fans of teams that lose to conspiracy type incidents.

CP

I keep disputing this point we some people I know that it isn't. I want you're thoughts on this. Do you think the league is fixed. Explain why. I will give my thoughts a little later on.
as a chargers fan with our history of zero rings, i'd love to say yes, but nah i don't think so, i just think refs have been crappier lately than ever , started with the steelers seahakws sb playoffs , man that was horrible reffing since that playoffs

Fixed? I don't know. But one thing is for sure; you have to be a blind idiot not to notice the amount of BS calls Manning & the Colts get. It's blatantly obvious and it's sickening. One example I remember is the '07 Divisional Playoffs against San Diego. The refs were calling phantom penalties constantly. What makes it funny is that they still lost. The referees are clearly trying to help them as much as possible.

And I'm not saying this because I hate the Colts. The massive amount of help they get from officials is the reason I hate them in the first place.
that would seem to be a good case of the nfl not being fixed , just some refs are biased

i mean all that crap the refs threw at us and we still won

it makes me lean to maybe they're just very incompetent or not as perfect as we think they should be

nothing can ever excuse the hochuli call in my opinion though, that's just basic football knowledge, when a ball goes backwards from the qbs hand, it's a fumble , that's what makes me think hochuli is a little ******ed

Hard to say - but I WILL say that there's NO way that Vegas will just sit back and do nothing if they continue to get milked dry week after week.

I mean every so often, the media will spent the entire week hyping the heck out of 1 team in a particular matchup(that's favored to win et al), and guess what happens subsequently...the hyped team LOSES. Remember the Saints/Bears NFCCG at Soldier Field 3 years ago? Remember how EVERY media pundit was picking the Saints to stomp the Bears up there? Who else was shocked that Rex Grossman OUTPLAYED Drew Brees, and the Bears dominated?

Like I said, I can't say for sure, but Vegas DID make a killing off of that game, as I'm sure many, many people bet their hard-earned money on the Saints that day.

Or how about the Cowboys/Saints game a month ago, when the Saints were 13-0, and the Cowboys looked all but finished(as the media hype)? Again - Vegas hosed many and got the last laugh.

Again - I'm not being dogmatic about this, but I'm not buying all this "But such and such team wasn't given and chance by anyone, and shocked the world" crap.

Hmm, I remember that differently. I seem to remember most pundits leaning on the Bears pretty heavily to win that game.

No, the NFL is not Fixed.

If it was, the Steelers would have made the Playoffs, and the Fans would have gotten a round robin of the following QBs, Big Ben, Payton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady and Carson Palmer in the playoffs. Instead, Ben Stayed home, Brady gets bounced by Flacco, Palmer loses to Sanchez and we end up with the Colts vs Jets in the AFC Title Game. Nobody in their right mind would Fix That to happen from a financial standpoint.

You would have the Jets vs Pats, or Colts vs Pats or even Steelers vs Colts in the AFC Title game before you would go with the 1969 Colts vs Jets SB rematch as your headliner. Sure its a "NY" Market, but really, its the ugly step sister getting to dance with the prince, not the Princess and everyone in NY and NJ Knows it. No one except Jets fans take the Jets seriously. They Play In GIANTS Stadium! For pete's sake. Oh excuse me, the Meadowlands, whatever, Ugly Step Sister.

You also, if you were fixing things, would have for Ratings and Revenue sure as heck had the Packers and the Vikings Meet up in the Playoffs. And a Cowboys vs Saints matchup would have been a lot sweeter than the Cardinals vs Saints...Cardinals? Right there shows you it isn't fixed. They have what? 30 fans? Maybe 40 if you count Pitt fans that kind of recognize the Entire Cardinals Roster and have some love for them ?

And if you fixing things, the Raiders would be much better than they are simply because they are one of the best "bad guys" you could have in the playoffs. Now I guess that's the Ravens but really, they are just a poor mans Raiders in the long run. And who wouldn't love some Raiders vs Steelers or Raiders vs Patriots Playoff games? Lots of history there now.

Fixed? The Answer is No.

Human tendancies and maybe refs getting caught up in the moment or maybe even becoming the moment with a bad call here or there, sure, it happens.

But if it was Fixed, it would be Fixed Better.

The Cowboys wouldn't have just won their first playoff game in 13 years if it was fixed. Really, think about it.

Last edited:
Dino pretty much said what I was going to say, but I'll add a couple of points.

If the NFL was fixed, then it would be maximize profits in one of two ways. First would be to insure big market teams are represented, because their markets would deliver higher ratings. If that was the case the Jets would have more than one SuperBowl appearance in fifty years, Houston would have made the playoffs, and the Bears, Redskins and 49ers would be in the playoffs more often. Conversely the Colts and Steelers wouldn't be frequent playoff participants, and we certainly wouldn't have had a Pittsburgh-Arizona championship game.

Another possible motive would be to help out teams with sagging attendance and interest. But if that was the case, the Jaguars and Bills certainly would have made the playoffs this year, as well as perhaps the Raiders, Lions and Rams.

The only other reason I can see is to make money from gambling. Despite the enormous profit potential, I just don't see that happening. The NFL is still highly profitable as is; the risk/reward factor makes this not even worth considering.

I believe that the superbowl was fixed for the saints to win it! There is no way in God's green earth that if the colts were actually playing there game that the saints would even be in the game against them. It should of been a blow out, but instead it was like the probowl watching each team be nice waiting for one to score. Only difference was Manning didn't want to score and he clearly threw it directly to porter for that interception as if wanted it to go to him and the colts players didn't even try to tackle him. It reminded me of the Bucs superbowl win. Clearly the city of New Orleans needed a win, Peyton was from New Orleans, and I wouldn't even doubt for a second that they were paid to loose or wanted to see the saints win it. Manning is 10X better of a QB then Brees, and the Colts are a far better team then what was displayed. Hell Peyton didn't even have pressure on him and almost every throw was a completion. He just never really tried down field like in his normal games. He wasn't trying to win! I belive a lot of games are fixed! Especially the Saints game against the Vikings! That OT drive down to win the game for the saints was rediculous!! The calls should not of stand, none of them!!! Plus any team that had that many turnovers should of won the game by a blow out and not gone into OT...let alone defeat the Colts! LOL

Whatever!!!!! I bet that the saints would win just because I already figured the game was going to be fixed...When a city really needs the money, the team always seems to do well! Its almost too good to be true and well I know how that statement goes!! When its too good to be true its for a reason!!!!

My other thoughts are that they choose certain teams way ahead of time and sometimes its just game to game basis. It can't always be all the bad teams make it, or all the good teams make it. They have to make it alittle random just so people don't think its clearly fixed. And it might just be some games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back