PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the Monday Night Crew the Worst in Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?? I thought Gruden was good. Overall I'm pleased with this trio. Heck, after years of Theisman and Mcguire this is music to my ears.

Same here, they were great, I like Gruden and Jaws, they both tell it like it is, they, like me, were surprised that Buffalo lost the game, that's all.

Last edited:
Huh?? I thought Gruden was good. Overall I'm pleased with this trio. Heck, after years of Theisman and Mcguire this is music to my ears.

You'd have to be pretty well down the intelligence score to NOT like this crew. It's nice to have both a coach and a player in the booth who not only know what they are talking about, but have good speaking skills.

Look at it this way, we could have those two idiots Kornheiser and Olberman in the booth. Between them, and their bizzaro-world obsessions, everytime the Patriots won it would somehow be connected to Kanye, Bush, Jews, or the 9/11 truthers. :singing:

So I'm pretty pleased with the crew they have now. :cool:

Last edited:
It was so annoying last night, between Todd Light and Brady's knee everytime he didn't complete a pass. Still I suppose we should be thankful that Kornheiser is no longer there.

It was so annoying last night, between Todd Light and Brady's knee everytime he didn't complete a pass. Still I suppose we should be thankful that Kornheiser is no longer there.

Yes.. thank goodness for the small blessings.. :)

They put things into perspective.

The Todd Light thing bothered me...get the name right, will you? But overall, I liked it. I loved the "debate" between Jaws and Gruden over whether the Pats should kick off or go for the onside kick. Jaws, the QB, got it right, while Gruden, the coach, was wrong.

I like this team. Better than having Dennis Miller or Kornheiser.

The fact that the Patriots won doesn't mean it was the right call. Recovering an onside kick is a way higher probability play than getting a kick returner to hand the ball over. They got lucky.

The most probable outcome of kicking off was getting the ball back at your own 20 with roughly 30 seconds left.

The fact that the Patriots won doesn't mean it was the right call. Recovering an onside kick is a way higher probability play than getting a kick returner to hand the ball over. They got lucky.

The most probable outcome of kicking off was getting the ball back at your own 20 with roughly 30 seconds left.

Onsides kicks are successful 10% of the time, or more to the point, UNSUCCESSFUL 90% of the time. With a two minute warning and all 3 time outs they had a good chance to get the ball back, they probably wouldnt have much time, maybe more than 30 seconds though. The way the D was playing I thought they would try the onside kick but you never know what BB will do, he obviously made the right call :D

Dan Dierdorf says "Hello....LISTEN TO THIS HIT!"

I loved his call from the Falcons-Dolphins game when Tony Gonzalez caught a TD in the second half.

"STOP IT, TONY! STOP IT!"

I liked them a lot. They mostly talked football and stayed away from the histrionics (Al Michaels) and nonsense (Madden). On the flipside, I can't think of a worse combination than the second game's crew.

God, I thought Chucky was going to add some class to that group, but he got caught up in the idiocy as much as the other two. I wish I had had my DVR installed so I could have synched it up with Gil and Gino but instead I just got extensive work on my Mute button.

Anyone think another crew is worse?

Another Pats Pat upset that Korny was dumped...this is the best crew they've had in a long time.

If you're a Pats fan, you should be happy they got Matt Light's name wrong. I sure he's happy after the bad game he had. He was holding on to Schobel for dear life all game and had to have a rookie sub in.

After last night, I have no idea what constitutes holding anymore.

What is the facination with Gil and Gino? I remember I had to listen to one of the preseason games in the car for the first series. Welker was apparently having a hell of a game according to Gil and Gino. When I made it into the house and turned on the TV I saw Welker sitting on the side lines in street clothes. That was a quick switch.

The only good think about listening to the local broadcast is that it is always more homer centric. Sometimes you don't care about the other teams prespective, especially when your team is losing. But other then that, I think the national announcers are much better.

Kind of wondering that myself. I had to listen to the Colts game back in 2007 on the radio on the way home from a business trip and they are just effin brutal "Brady back to pass, fires over the middle and Moss, no wait, Welker catches it, no wait, he dropped it"..............and in the background you hear Gino mutter "Oh, he dropped it?".......Tell Gil to either get a pair of glasses or check the strength, maybe he needs to amp it up a couple of notches..........................

It's a real drag that there is a timing delay, at least at my house between the TV and Radio, I can't listen to Gil and Gino because the play is over by the time Gil calls it. The tv announcers are just horrible, everytime all the time. Did you notice when Gruden and even Jaws were talking about what the Bills had to do that they always used the term We, we have to do this and we have to do that.
I have to find away to watch tv and listen to Gil and Gino.

DVR it and watch it on a delay synched up with the radio.

I thought they did ok. Trust me, if you heard the twits that do the Titans games, you'd think everyone else was good. They were definately better than M&M on the Oakland/Chargers game :eek:
I've heard those guys on NFL films highlight films on the NFL network. *In ridiculously screechy, Gilbert Godfried-esque voice* TOUCHDOOOOOWN TITANS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back