Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is the McCain campaign toast?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

I had my doubts about his chances, but I didn't think he'd crumble so quickly. I like McCain personally, and have a lot of respect for him. However, his stance on Amnesty did his azz in. Although his position on Iraq was not popular, and therefore not helpfull, it wasn't as damaging as his outspoken position on Amnesty.

McCain Shakes Up Campaign

Jul 2 02:28 PM US/Eastern
    By LIZ SIDOTI
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Republican John McCain reorganized his campaign Monday, cutting staff in every department as he raised just $11.2 million in the last three months and reported an abysmal $2 million cash on hand for his presidential bid.
    "We confronted reality and we dealt with it in the best way that we could so that we could move forward," Terry Nelson, McCain's campaign manager, said.

Once considered the front-runner for the GOP nomination, McCain trails top Republican rivals in money and polls.

Some 50 staffers or more are being let go, and senior aides will be subject to pay cuts as the Arizona senator bows to six months of subpar fundraising, according to officials with knowledge of the details of the shake up.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8Q4K8E80&show_article=1
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yes sir, I do believe it is.
  3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I believe it is as well. It's too bad really, I liked McCain a lot during the 2000 primaries. The smear campaign put on him by Rove and company was pretty nasty. I don't agree with him on everything he's supported, such as McCain-Feingold, but I think he's a genuine guy with a strong love for America and the desire to see it safe and prosperous. Lately though, he's just seemed to have lost his spark; supporting the immigration bill did him no boon either. That was likely the final nail to his presidential coffin.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Wanted to like him because of his Viet Nam Heroics, but agree they smeared this guy pretty good.. almost as good as they did Kerry.