PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the Globe turning against Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triggerfish, I ask this in all seriousness, and not an attempt to troll: How did those boards "deal" with the loss to the Denver Tebows?

Suprisingly, better than I expected. I think most Steelers fans didn't realistically see us making a deep playoff run, especially given our injuries.

To be honest, I'd say that most of them took it better than I did. I understand that they were really banged up on both sides of the ball, but that excuse only goes SO far. Losing to an elite team like the Pats, where you NEED to be at the top of your game with every available weapon at your disposal, would have been an easier pill to swallow. But regardless of what most of me fellow Steeler fans say, personally I was greatly disappointed. That was a very winnable game for us, even with our injuries. I still feel a degree of embarrassment about it. The Broncos didn't even belong in the playoff picture, and even a walking wounded Pittsburgh squad should have had enough in the tank to put them away. I would have expected a loss in the next round, so in the big picture I suppose it doesn't matter. But they should have won that game. Injuries aside, they just played a lousy game and were outcoached.

They have the running backs, they just need an OC that KNOWS HOW to use a running game properly.

Unfortunately, I don't think Josh McDaniels is the best in that regard, either.

It's called "sensationalism" in media. Inflammatory articles get more traffic than, "Brady played well, but it wasn't enough."

I can't read that stuff personally, makes me sick to my stomach. My heart goes out to the team and organization, nothing to be ashamed of especially TB.

All I saw out there was a kid who wanted to win with every fiber of his being and played like it. Don't need the Globe or any other media outlet's opinion to tell me what my own eyes witnessed, thanks anyway.;)

I wouldn't doubt if he decides to hang them up sooner rather than later. He's gonna take a beating until he can get another Super Bowl and actually play super in it.

I have to admit I've caught myself thinking about Mallett today. Not because I'm not happy to have Tom as the QB, but because it's natural to wonder what's going to be happening after he's done whenever that may be.

That being said, this fluff piece didn't have a whole lot of substance to it. Seemed like more of a "hey I have some quotes left over from media day" kind of story.

As for Mallett he looked like he had the tools at times in the preseason and in college, but I question if there's much going on between the ears based on interviews.

Brady should not take the heat alone from them, they should also go after BB. 2008 and the 2009 hurt them badly. I guess nobody saw the decline of Moss coming so fast and failed to adequately prepare.
2010 draft looks good, 2011? Jury still out.

Unfortunately, I don't think Josh McDaniels is the best in that regard, either.

I don't know if he has gained a little more experience and wisdom. but yeah, based on past results I don't think he is a big run guy either

What the hell is the matter with the media in Boston, we have good teams yet unless they win it all they treat them like a bunch of losers why can't they just let it friggin go.

That whole team feels like **** I'm sure, they don't need to read or hear about it from family and friends what some dumbass lookin to make a name for himself wrote in the paper or said on tv.

Be greatfull for what you have it won't be around for ever--I really don't want to see the 1-15 years again do you. Look what Tom did with no big name receivers (Branch -Welker are good but are not deep threats). Look at what the defense did with a lot of no namers.

Eric Wilbur's Very Embarassing Article... Who is he???

Is this one of the secret posters on this board, who have come on board with their negativity?? Without regard a very derogatory article, remember when the Globe was the best?? Now it is in the sewer..

Who is Eric Wilbur??

Not so safety call: Blame Brady for this one - Boston.com

What an embarrassment for the Patriots organization and Bob Kraft. So now the Giants have taken Lombardi from you twice, and you haven't looked this bad in a playoff game since...well, two weeks ago against the Ravens. Maybe that moment will actually hit you as you're whittling down water slides in South America looking like Prince Valiant this spring.

Your legacy has been stamped, but you're turning your Joe Montana status into one of Jim Kelly. But, hey what you worry? There's that new mansion in the "Names" pages to deal with.

Re: Eric Wilbur's Very Embarassing Article... Who is he???

No surprise..I already knew with a Sb lost to
Manning of all people again would garner these bs articles

Re: Why is the Globe attacking Brady ?

Greetings,
It was probably going to be a safety anyway.

Celticboy04

Re: Why is the Globe attacking Brady ?

Because people will read that article, either to agree or complain furiously.

Also, if they turn enough people off of the current Pats team, maybe they'll invest more time and money into the Red Sox instead.

It Is What It Is » Feel the love: Why Tom Coughlin has the number of Bill Belichick

here is another

Faulk’s replacement Stevan Ridley was one of four Patriots not to see the field on a single snap. Also on the sideline without a single snap was defensive lineman Alex Silvestro, signed off the practice squad on Saturday night, when the team cut Tiquan Underwood.

Coughlin will go down as the coach who got his players fired up and who made sure everyone was on board. Belichick will have to live with the fact that he made one of his favorite players inactive while cutting another the night before the biggest game of the year.

While Belichick was getting kudos all week for his relaxed approach, Coughlin decided to go with the passion on Saturday night.

ive have not read much or seen much in 2 days because its like a open wound... however i read that hack piece by the globe and was a terrible job by the writer who just wrote it because he has a agenda...

Michael Holley or someone said Wilbur was kind of backing away from that piece. Guess Susan G. Wilbur got some will deserved heat.

Anyone who thinks it was passion that put the Giants over the top wasn't watching.

The OL stoned the Giants pass rush while our DBs had a good game and frustrated the Giants offense.

The only place the Patriots lost was on the DL. Our big guys like Love and Deadrick were getting pushed around way too much. Maybe the Giants OL had something to prove after looking like a sieve against the '9ers DL. I believe that's the case.

People are saying this over and over but it's true.

The Giants made the plays, the Patriots made mistakes.

1. Safety in the end zone
2. Spikes not turning his head on Cruz's TD (Eli snapped the ball a full second after the lock hit zero).
3. BOB trying to run out the clock with 4 minutes to go.
4. Brady's INT on the throw to Gronk
5. Brady/Welker failing to hook up

BUT...
6. The story about the drops on the last series is totally overblown. I don't want Hernandez catching the ball 9 yards over the middle with little time left, and the throw to Branch was catchable but tipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes